AAA State Tournament

Midstate

How nice. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> So your saying that these are the only two teams in the Tournment that you have seen play? And you say no one else can beat them even though you have not seen any of the other teams. So tell us.......what do you base this on? Is it just a huntch? Wishful thinking? Can you see into the future? Who did you pick to win it last year? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Actually i have seen the majority of these teams and i'm not saying that Antioch or Ridgeway will dominate other teams but i think these teams have the best chance of winning...and last year i picked clarksville to win and they ended up getting second

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i have seen the majority of these teams and i'm not saying that Antioch or Ridgeway will dominate other teams but i think these teams have the best chance of winning...and last year i picked clarksville to win and they ended up getting second

So you were wrong last year?

One common opponent for Antioch and Ridgeway is White Station. Antioch only beat them by 1 early in the season. Ridgeway beat them by 4 just a couple weeks ago. Antioch nor Ridgeway has faced White Station with Farrakan Hall playing. Being a 4 star player I would think he would be worth at least 4 points. Antioch lost to Columbia (Ga.) by 23 and Dobyns Bennett lost to Columbia by 24. I know this doesn't prove one team is as good or better than another but it will get you alot closer to the truth than just saying "because I said so" If you do the reserch on these 8 teams you will see there is no clear cut winner.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett is not the same team as took the court in the early season. The Tribe is on a Roll. No doubt the best team that Charlie Morgan has had @ DB, and for sure the most dangerous team he has brought to Murfreesboro (03,04,08').

Solid, Quick and Explosive Guard Play and 4 deep in the paint, going 6-9, 6-6, 6-6, 6-5. Those players (Flack, Riggs, Edwards and Hardy) combined, average 40 pts and 24 rebounds a game. Riggs was the Region 1 Tournament MVP. Justin Sylvestor, Guard, was the MVP of District 1. #32 Jamel Williams is going to be noticed before this is all over!

Roll Tribe Roll

One common opponent for Antioch and Ridgeway is White Station. Antioch only beat them by 1 early in the season. Ridgeway beat them by 4 just a couple weeks ago. Antioch nor Ridgeway has faced White Station with Farrakan Hall playing. Being a 4 star player I would think he would be worth at least 4 points. Antioch lost to Columbia (Ga.) by 23 and Dobyns Bennett lost to Columbia by 24. I know this doesn't prove one team is as good or better than another but it will get you alot closer to the truth than just saying "because I said so" If you do the reserch on these 8 teams you will see there is no clear cut winner.

You beat me to it...lol I'm picking White Station as the dark horse here. Joe Jackson and Hall can carry this team. At least I think so. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If I were to draw either team I would immediately bring it to the TSSAA's attention. Wouldn't you...

How can two teams scrimmage at this point in the season. That is a TSSAA violation...

I looked through the TSSAA handbook and couldn't find anything helpful on this subject.

There were no referees present, and no score was kept, so it really was more of a cooperative practice. Also Antioch is AAA and CPA is AA if that matters.

Do you really think two smart coaches from excellent teams would even consider doing something that is possibly a violation at this point in the season?

Page 23 of the TSSAA handbook states that:

"A member of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association is permitted to play or scrimmage any secondary school team with grades 9 and above in regular season play"

The post-season has not begun yet.

Also, there were no referees present, and no score was kept, so it really was more of a cooperative practice.

Do you really think two smart coaches from excellent teams would even consider doing something that is possibly a violation at this point in the season?

I am not sure but is that not dealing with the pre-season. What would keep people from doing it 5 days a week if they wanted too....CACA happens... Hope you are right otherwise that would be a sad end I believe. Looking at the rule and your comment about post season---What do you call district and regions and sub state..Also has either school already had their 4 scrimmages in the preseason. Read stuff and think about it before you post....

Page 23 of the TSSAA handbook states that:

"A member of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association is permitted to play or scrimmage any secondary school team with grades 9 and above in regular season play"

The post-season has not begun yet.

Also, there were no referees present, and no score was kept, so it really was more of a cooperative practice.

What they did was get into that "Gray Area" of the rule book. As you stated: (grades 9 and above in regular season play) This is not "regular season play". And it is not post-season play either. Im sure they got clearence before they went ahead. The other teams will probably do the same thing . You wouldn't want to sit idle for this long without playing a simi game situation.