AAA State Tournament

Midstate

From the The Commercial Appeal ...

Note to the seven other Tennessee high-school boys basketball teams that qualified Monday for next week's Class AAA state tournament in Murfreesboro:

White Station has a talented new addition, and the Spartans plan to unleash their 6-foot-8 newcomer on the rest of the state next week following their 71-66 Class AAA sectional victory over host Raleigh-Egypt on Monday.

"We're going to win state. Put that in there," said White Station junior forward Ferrakohn Hall, a four-star transfer from Memphis University School who became eligible when the Spartans (23-12) advanced to last week's Region 8-AAA title game.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to the seven other Tennessee high-school boys basketball teams that qualified Monday for next week's Class AAA state tournament in Murfreesboro:

White Station has a talented new addition, and the Spartans plan to unleash their 6-foot-8 newcomer on the rest of the state next week following their 71-66 Class AAA sectional victory over host Raleigh-Egypt on Monday.

"We're going to win state. Put that in there," said White Station junior forward Ferrakohn Hall, a four-star transfer from Memphis University School who became eligible when the Spartans (23-12) advanced to last week's Region 8-AAA title game.

I didn't know a student could transfer and play in sports during the playing season, especially during tournament time. Looks as thought teams who have a really good player and gets put out early could just let him transfer a team that is not so good and let them go on. Confusing at the least.

Looks like White Station is still doing their homework! Very creative. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way....Antioch's two losses are to Columbia(GA) who is the number 5 team in Georgia according to unapproved website and Duncanville(Tx) who is the number 1 team in Texas and their only regular season loss was by 1 to Oak Hill. Antioch has definatly played in some tough games which helps come tournament time.

May I add that those losses were without the Football Players.

did any of those teams beat WC by 30? just wondering..

OR beat WC by one in a pre season scrimage. Red Bank hit 15 3's with someone in their face. We were told that they had just gotten everyone well and playing together. WC players are not slouches but they sure made them look bad.

OR beat WC by one in a pre season scrimage. Red Bank hit 15 3's with someone in their face. We were told that they had just gotten everyone well and playing together. WC players are not slouches but they sure made them look bad.

I don't get the connection /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

hey guys... I have seen a lot of basketball this year starting november and ending now. lets just give it up to all of the teams particiapting in the state. It is an honor to make it and even more to the team who wins the whole thing. It takes a special team to win that. All of the teams are good. You have to be pretty good to get this far. Good luck to all of the teams. I bet noone knew this. there hasnt been a team from Middle Tennessee win the AAA state since 1984 or 1988 I think. good luck to all teams.

Are there any experts out there that can tell us about the past of White Station?. I understood that for year they were able (as a magnet school) to have any pkayer from Memphis transfer in. A huge plus. I was also informed that since this was banned (or stopped) that White Station has not won a title since their back to back a few years ago. Is this true? Memphis is no doubt the most talented city in the state and to me I do not see the difference from what they were doing as a public school as compared to private Brentwood Academy that was lost in court. I am not posiitve and do not claim to know for sure, so if I am wrong, don't balst me. Thank