AAA State Tournament

Midstate

hey guys... I have seen a lot of basketball this year starting november and ending now. lets just give it up to all of the teams particiapting in the state. It is an honor to make it and even more to the team who wins the whole thing. It takes a special team to win that. All of the teams are good. You have to be pretty good to get this far. Good luck to all of the teams. I bet noone knew this. there hasnt been a team from Middle Tennessee win the AAA state since 1984 or 1988 I think. good luck to all teams.

[/quoteThe last team to win the AAA State Tournament was Franklin High, in 1989.

Current Franklin HC Jay Johnson was PG, and they had a 2G named Kevin Anglin.

Franklin beat Whites Creek, I believe David Vaughn was on that team.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any experts out there that can tell us about the past of White Station?. I understood that for year they were able (as a magnet school) to have any pkayer from Memphis transfer in. A huge plus. I was also informed that since this was banned (or stopped) that White Station has not won a title since their back to back a few years ago. Is this true? Memphis is no doubt the most talented city in the state and to me I do not see the difference from what they were doing as a public school as compared to private Brentwood Academy that was lost in court. I am not posiitve and do not claim to know for sure, so if I am wrong, don't balst me. Thank

The information that you have is totally false. White Station was winning because they had some really good talent along with an outstanding coach in Terry Tippett (currently coaching at ECS). They have a new coach who came from Haywood and they are now able to piece everything back together again.

hey guys... I have seen a lot of basketball this year starting november and ending now. lets just give it up to all of the teams particiapting in the state. It is an honor to make it and even more to the team who wins the whole thing. It takes a special team to win that. All of the teams are good. You have to be pretty good to get this far. Good luck to all of the teams. I bet noone knew this. there hasnt been a team from Middle Tennessee win the AAA state since 1984 or 1988 I think. good luck to all teams.

Wrong. White County{In Middle TN} won the AAA State Tourney in 1998 AND 1999. Back to Back. They beat White Station in the finals of 98 and Columbia{another middle TN team} in 99.

Are there any experts out there that can tell us about the past of White Station?. I understood that for year they were able (as a magnet school) to have any pkayer from Memphis transfer in. A huge plus. I was also informed that since this was banned (or stopped) that White Station has not won a title since their back to back a few years ago. Is this true? Memphis is no doubt the most talented city in the state and to me I do not see the difference from what they were doing as a public school as compared to private Brentwood Academy that was lost in court. I am not posiitve and do not claim to know for sure, so if I am wrong, don't balst me. Thank

White Station is an optional school. They along with 9 other Memphis City Schools can accept anyone from Shelby County. An attendance zone of 900,000 people. If they don't live in the city of Memphis they have to pay 600$ a year. There has been no change in policy at MCS. White Station has just been beaten by other teams in 15AAA or 16AAA since Coach Tippett left. I believe they have still won 20 plus games each year. For a couple of years Wooddale was extremely good with the asst that is now at MTSU and you have Ridgeway in 15AAA. If you get out of the region you then have to face Raleigh Egypt or Craigmont.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As far as Mr. Hall is concerned, MUS won the D 2 title last year with him.. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Ha it kills me that no one gives last years state runners-up any talk? Clarksville is a very strong team and very athletic. They are led by a great coach and have tons of heart. They will make a strong showing in the tournament and everyone's antioch and ridgeway will be in dismay. You are only as strong as your weakest player. Clarksville has none.

with all the smack about who has the most talent and d-1 playersand who lost to who or who beat who it makes me wonder if anyone thought last years champion was the most talented or beat common opponents or had the most d-1 players? maybe and keep in mind that this is just an oppinion maybe the winner will be the best TEAM not just the group with the best individuals?

with all the smack about who has the most talent and d-1 playersand who lost to who or who beat who it makes me wonder if anyone thought last years champion was the most talented or beat common opponents or had the most d-1 players? maybe and keep in mind that this is just an oppinion maybe the winner will be the best TEAM not just the group with the best individuals?

i agree. maryville was a great team, but didnt have any d1 basketball players. however, five players will beat two or three players every time.

It's funny that nobody is giving Siegel a chance???? Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll give Siegel a chance. I think all 8 teams this year have a chance. Do some reserch and if you are senseable you will see that going in they are all pretty even. Now having said that and as we all know teams can get hot, teams sometimes don't play well, sometimes star players go down to injury or illness or foul trouble. There are many factors that can change the way a game will go. But going into this tournment I don't see how anyone can boast that their team has it in the bag. But I do see alot of posters on here that are doing just that. I hope there's enough "Crow" to go around after this tournment is played.