AAA State Tournament

Midstate

I'd love to see a Final Four of Ridgeway, Antioch, White Station, and either Oak Ridge or Siegel.

I really think those are the five best teams, with Antioch and the two Memphis schools being the most talented. Oak Ridge certainly plays a unique style, but will that work against the superior athletes?

To me, Oak Ridge's nightmare 1st round game could be Siegel, because Tyler Cutter can handle the ball as good as anyone and make good decisions. And when he breaks the trap, Gooch and Hammonds are just great finishers.

Scary how young and talented Siegel is. And they have a senior D-I guy with past tourney experience running the show.

I will say this, there is just something about this Antioch team. Great talent has met great coaching.

If they can get Mike Williams on track from three........................I don't think anybody's beating them. And the fact that they'll get the older Clarke brother back if they win a first round game just adds to their depth.

When do the brackets come out?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like Ridgeway is the favorite to win AAA this year with White Station getting plenty of help from the referees tonight in their win over Raleigh-Egypt. White Station will have to play much better if they think they're going to make it to the finals. Farrakan Hall is pretty good but Arnett Moultiere gave him all he could handle tonight. If anyone watched tonight's Raleigh-Egypt Vs. White Station game they'll tell you that they wouldn't want that officiating crew working any of the State tournament games. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Referees in memphis play huge parts in games, I was at a game, where a team shot 30 more free throws than the other team. Ridicoulous right, no just memphis basketball where the black and white stripes determine games not the players. All of that is to say this, Ridgeway has the best chance to win the state out of them and White Station. Their bigger and much much more talented. Ferrakhan Hall has been added to their roster and played okay in his first game back but to me, Hall is a less skilled version of Sampson Carter (6'8 wing at Ridgeway) but he's a lot more athletic than Carter. What team in East Tn has the best chance ?, but right now if I had to bet money on a memphis team, Ridgeway would win the state.

AAA State 2008

Clarksville

Antioch

Siegal

Red Bank

Dobyns Bennett

Oak Ridge

Ridgeway

White Station

I think Antioch will win it all although it is really a coin toss between Antioch, White Station and perhaps Oak Ridge.

One finalist from last year returns to the tournament; Clarksville. I am a CHS grad and would love nothing more than to see the Cats take the Gold Ball. However, I do not see this team advancing beyond the first round especially if they face a team with a big inside presence. Caldwell is definitely a force and if he gets penetration and those outside shooters get in a rythym then they could do some damage. Still, I do not think this CHS team is as good as the one last year.

As a Siegel fan....

Please give us anyone besides Antioch or Ridgeway first round and I'll be happy.

Those are the 2 teams nobody wants to draw first.

The others seem to be fairly close with the way they are playing this time of year.

Harris Hooligans, I think I want to add White Station to your list too. Siegel lost in the Final Four three years ago to Ridgeway and in the first round two years ago against Whites Creek. I'm picking the Stars to the Final Four /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to agree with my hooligans.. haha

Antioch has a great shot at winning this year AAA.

Alot will depend on the pairings for these 8 teams.

Oak Ridge/Seigal

White Station/Red Bank

Antioch/DB

Ridgeway/Clarksville

here is a option for you? Who makes it to semis and Why?

Watch out for Red Bank from Chattanooga... Most athletic team Ive seen all year. Best team in east tn by far....

actually Red Bank also played Clarksville in that same tourney and lost by about 11. It was Tim Benfords third game back from a broken arm from football and he had a heck of a game scoring 20 points in the forst half, and having a solid third quarter before getting ejected for 2 technical fouls which were bogus calls!also dominique Mcduffie didn't play in that tourney. then they lost to oak ridge in which him and Dominique Mcduffie, the two senior stars who are both going to play football in college( benford to Tennessee Tech & Dominique to App. State) did not play. so the team has matured they have had a couple fab freshmen play well. One Nick ross came in the first quarter against White co. in sub state and went 4-4 from 3 point rage in the first quarter ending the night w/ 23 points. not bad for a freshmen. i think its a diffrent team than Christmas just like Clarksvill and Oak Ridge are probably as well. Good luck to all im pulling for my lions cause once your get to Murfresburro who knows whats going to happen!

I agree!!! Red Bank is peaking at the right time. I wouldnt want them in the first round.....

Ouch! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Red Bank was without Benford and Mcduffie their two leading scorers and Oak Ridge only one by 15..... My church team could beat a freshman, 3 sophmores and a junior by 15.....

Watch out for Red Bank from Chattanooga... Most athletic team Ive seen all year. Best team in east tn by far....

Ha ha thats really funny. Not even close. Watched Red Bank play last night against White County which is a good team. Red bank is athletic but not even close to Oak Ridge. Little different whne your not playing at home. DB beat Bearden and Bearden is more athletic than OR. Please explain to me how you think that? By the way OR and Bearden and more than likely DB are better than WC. Good try though. Red Bank will play one game and lose. Thanks for participating