Early Mountain Lakes Predition's

madman101

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy your posts et. I like your unbiased approach to discussion. I must say then that South's rising Senior class has ruled from Optimist on. They are not undefeated in that frame but were undoubtedly dominant...especially as Frosh. Many were Soph varsity starters. But...I don't think that is any indication of the future success of the (a) varsity. I have seen too many variables come into play between the Frosh and Senior year. Some players don't continue, some take a 3 year hiatus and only play as Seniors, some play for the first time as Seniors and some have sat the bench since the 5th grade only to bloom in their Senior year and become superstars. And of course there are those middle school All Americans that fade into mediocrety. My point? South hammered Bristol's rising Senior's when they were Frosh. BUT...it is obvious that Keenan Shephard is doing some hammering of his own now that he wasn't doing then. I think that you can get a handle on the ability of a class by following it's history but I don't think you can predict success. There are key items to look at however and that would be things such as work ethic which would relate to a particular coach. For example...CHMS hammers people on a regular basis in all sports (if you look at a 10-15 year span) but South has only been successful as of late. Why? Well coaches of course but also enviornmental issues. The city boys are not as athletically matured as the Colonial Heights boys at the middle school level. Yes, the past couple of years have that trend reversed but my point is that those same athletes become super-athletes once they get into the DB system. Many things come into play in the explanation of this issue but the gest is that you just can't tell alot by looking at history of those lower grade years. So much can happen is a short period of time that makes it very unpredictable.

The part of your thinking about Carter being in Stubb's head is spot-on. Which is, I think, THS's main issue. And that is the mental game. Because THS always has quality athletes.

South's rising senior class is tough so is Besty's... anyone could have said this 3 years ago if they was at the frosh game between the two 14-7 Besty winning but VERY VERY hard hitting game for a bunch of Freshman....South,Eliz, and THS good luck to all...Each have a chance for the title and each have the talent but its all about how each one works in the off season.

South's rising senior class is tough so is Besty's... anyone could have said this 3 years ago if they was at the frosh game between the two 14-7 Besty winning but VERY VERY hard hitting game for a bunch of Freshman....South,Eliz, and THS good luck to all...Each have a chance for the title and each have the talent but its all about how each one works in the off season.

It should have been a tale of things to come if Frosh and JV have a bearing on Varsity success. But yes, you understand my point and so it is not always that simple. So many things come into play. That game was a dogfight. Fletcher was the South TB and I'm assuming Derek was the 'Betsy TB. The sad thing is South had a FB/LB in that game who was D1A all the way and lost him to drugs. To keep them intact from middle school through Varsity is impossible.

Again the schedules will be weak throughout the season for Region 1. Nothing changes there and I do not think much will change with the top of this league.

Here is my Region 1 predictions

1. South- very good coaching

2. Tennessee High- usually good in regular season

3. Elizabethton- maybe a full year under Witten will be the difference, will compete as long as they stay injury free. Not enough numbers to compete with injuries.

4. Sullivan East- depends on the QB situation

5. Johnson County- just because the drive up there will get them a few Home victories. Terrible Drive up there!

6. Sullivan North- I know nothing about them, never seen them play football. Only on WJHL and WCYB

7. Sullivan Central- I know nothing about them

7. Unicoi Co.- They are playing up and just can't compete at this level

Big tie at the bottom!

• 1 month later...

A lot of mystery surrounds some of the teams in this region but things will most likely remain the same.

1. South

2. Tennessee High

3. Johnson County

4. Elizabethton

5. Sullivan East

6. Unicoi Co.

7. Sullivan Central

8. Sullivan North

South, Tennessee High, and Johnson County should occupy the top 3 spots. While Betsy and the Patriots battle for 4th.

A lot of mystery surrounds some of the teams in this region but things will most likely remain the same.

1. South

2. Tennessee High

3. Johnson County

4. Elizabethton

5. Sullivan East

6. Unicoi Co.

7. Sullivan Central

8. Sullivan North

South, Tennessee High, and Johnson County should occupy the top 3 spots. While Betsy and the Patriots battle for 4th.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Either the Longhorns or the Patriots will pull a major upset this year. I couldn't tell you which one or which of the "Big 2" will fall; I just feel like it's coming.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Either the Longhorns or the Patriots will pull a major upset this year. I couldn't tell you which one or which of the "Big 2" will fall; I just feel like it's coming.

I thought '07 was East's year. But as I continue to watch film I see that East did not want to hit. They were afraid. Yes, they had a couple of athletes but no one that wanted to get nasty on D. I see East in the cellar in '08.

'Betsy will be the demon. They hit us as hard as 'Bristol...who hit us harder than anyone...including Maryville. Elizabeth makes a 360 for '08.

J County is J County...they will bring the best they can. They have heart.

I see Unicoi being the surprise team in '08.

I am a fan of the champion is the favorite until they don't deserve it. So I think South still has to be the favorite. They have a great RB,a great line,great coaching, and speed all over the place. Tn High will be beasts, but I think with all the athletes they have that offense is so stupid. They have the athletes to blow ppl out,but they just don't. I am not on the Elizabethton bandwagon yet either, for the past 4 years everyone says its their year,till it happens, I don't buy it! I also still say JC is too small up front to ever compete for a conference title, tons of heart, hard hitting, but can't win dogfights due to their lack of size in the line. I also think they need to put Prudhomme at running back, get him as many touches as possible. I think Central will be improved. Good group of Seniors, talented sophomore class, and a few great athletes. One again, those first 2 games are key, they are winnable, and if they can win one or 2 of those, big time morale boost. Gotta get the confidence up, that team always works hard, but has been snake bit, I would love to see them get some breaks this year.

1. Sullivan South

2. THS

3. JC

4. Sullivan East

5. Betsy

6. Sullivan Central

7. Unicoi

8. North

POTY - Bradley Davenport - QB - Sullivan South.

Athlete of the year - Prudhomme - Johnson County

Linemen of the year - Hunter Beedle - Sullivan South.

Good luck to all.

Go Cougars!

Are you implying that JC or East will upset either Tenn High or South? I thought East was going to pull the upset last year until the second half against Tennessee High.

I thought '07 was East's year. But as I continue to watch film I see that East did not want to hit. They were afraid. Yes, they had a couple of athletes but no one that wanted to get nasty on D. I see East in the cellar in '08.

'Betsy will be the demon. They hit us as hard as 'Bristol...who hit us harder than anyone...including Maryville. Elizabeth makes a 360 for '08.

J County is J County...they will bring the best they can. They have heart.

I see Unicoi being the surprise team in '08.

I've heard over the past year or two that 2009 is supposed to be East's year due to a load of talent coming up. I don't follow JV and Freshmen games so I'll just wait and see.

I've heard over the past year or two that 2009 is supposed to be East's year due to a load of talent coming up. I don't follow JV and Freshmen games so I'll just wait and see.

I've heard the same thing about East, THSVikings, and I believe most of their impact players were sophomore/juniors last year. I think the same can be said for the Longhorns. And yes, barring an injury (because depth is nearly always absent for all but SS and THS in our conference), I think one of these two teams can get a "W" over the Rebs or Vikes. A couple of months to find out though!