Milan Player Stats:

Chantel Poston - 13 pts (1 of 1 FT's), 4 rebs, 3 blks

Shaniqua Gray - 11 pts (1 of 1 FT's), 3 rebs, 1 asst

Perica Glenn - 9 pts (1 of 2 FT's), 11 rebs

Dequashia Simpson - 2 pts, 6 rebs

Julianne Joyner - 0 of 2 FT's, 2 rebs, 3 assts

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: MC 5, Milan 0

Free Throws: MC 9 of 12 (75%), Milan 3 of 4 (75%)

Rebounds: MC 17, Milan 26

Assists: MC 11, Milan 4

Blocks: MC 3, Milan 3

Fouls: MC 9, Milan 15

Turnovers: MC 8, Milan 13

Note that the above stats that I have shown are from the TSSAA stats as I was unable to attend the game. I have chosen not to show their "team" rebounds as a player did not actually get a rebound.

There is an excellent play-by-play in the above link to show scoring by qtr.

Congratulations to the Lewisburg Tigerettes in their great win. Hope to see you next season.

Marshall has three seniors: Jessica McQueen, McKenna Moffett, and Danika Hopkins and I have enjoyed watching you play over your career. Good luck down the road.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link to the official TSSAA stats:

http://www.tssaa.org/2007Champions/StateGB...assAA/game7.htm

Marshall Co......7..12....11..14.....44

Milan...............6..12.....12...5.....35

Marshall Co. Player Stats:

Lauren March - 13 pts (1 three, 4 of 5 FT's), 9 rebs, 2 assts, 1 blk

Jakerra Simmons - 13 pts (1 of 1 FT's), 1 reb, 1 asst

Jessica McQueen - 6 pts (2 threes), 3 rebs, 2 assts, 2 blks

Danika Hopkins - 6 pts (1 three, 1 of 2 FT's), 2 rebs, 3 assts

McKenna Moffett - 6 pts (1 three, 3 of 4 FT's), 2 rebs, 2 assts

Kanesha McLean - 1 asst

Congrats to Marshall Co. - Does anyone think the two best teams played last night?

Milan Player Stats:

Team Stats:

Note that the above stats that I have shown are from the TSSAA stats as I was unable to attend the game. I have chosen not to show their "team" rebounds as a player did not actually get a rebound.

Congratulations to the Lewisburg Tigerettes in their great win. Hope to see you next season.

Marshall has three seniors: Jessica McQueen, McKenna Moffett, and Danika Hopkins and I have enjoyed watching you play over your career. Good luck down the road.

Kanesha McLean - 1 asst

Congrats to Marshall Co. - Does anyone think the two best teams played last night?

Milan Player Stats:

Team Stats:

Great game from a Milan fan. One of the most athletic games I've ever seen from a HS Girls game.

Where is that March girl going to school? She can play anywhere on the floor.

Chantel and Shaniqua played well, but Marshall Co. hit some daggers with those 3s and also with some crucial offensive rebounds.

Kanesha McLean - 1 asst

Milan Player Stats:

Team Stats:

How can Milan only shoot 4 free throws against a team playing just as physical if not more physical than them? its just beyond me

How can Milan only shoot 4 free throws against a team playing just as physical if not more physical than them? its just beyond me

For the majority of the game, the refs let BOTH teams play and there were not many fouls called....I believe where you are seeing the disparity is when , at the end of the game, Milan was fouling on purpose to try and regain possession. Both teams played a very good game, Marshall County held on for the win and I am thrilled for them.

For the majority of the game, the refs let BOTH teams play and there were not many fouls called....I believe where you are seeing the disparity is when , at the end of the game, Milan was fouling on purpose to try and regain possession. Both teams played a very good game, Marshall County held on for the win and I am thrilled for them.

Sorry to jump your thread auntkim,

Thanks Pageman for the reports all season from your area. As always you report fairly what happened in a game and I enjoy reading your intellegent posts.

Sharpshooter.

Thanks, Sharpshooter, I have tried to be accurate in my reports, but I know I missed some things in every game. My reports do not include "Dead Ball Rebounds" where a team gets a rebound on a missed foul shot when shooting two FT's and where the ball goes out of bounds under the goal and no individual actually controls the ball. Computer scoring programs require a rebound on any missed FT or shot, which in my opinion, slighty inflates the number of rebounds for a team. Scoring of assists can also be subjective so my assists may not match "official" assists.

I am sorry that I had to miss this championship game as I twisted my knee as I slipped on my snow-covered steps after retuning home after the semi-final games. When I got up the next day, I could hardly walk and I knew that I would be unable to climb the steps in front of the Murphy Center. I watched the games on TV instead, but it's not like being there in person.

I hope that I will be back for next year's season, but there are several factors that may keep me from doing so. I will not be doing baseball at all this coming season as I must return to NC to be with my mother who is 93 and did not know who I was during my Christmas visit. I feel that I must spend time with her.

Good bye for now and thanks to all the people who have helped me this season.

Sorry about your injury Pageman.

My thoughts:

1)Gray and Poston both can flat-out play. Gray can make some plays similar to Goss and Marsh from A-E.

2)Marshall Co. was the better team. They made the plays when it counted.

3)Refs were horrible both ways. Its sad to have the 8 best teams in the state and have the 3 worst refs.

4)How does McKenna Moffet not get any recognition? Sure she doesn't have the greatest stats in the world, but she managed the game greatly and always keeps Marshall Co. under control.

5)Congrats to the Tigerettes. This has been the goal since making it to the finals last year, and they came through. I don't see how they were somewhat overlooked by some fans going into the tournament.

I know exactly why the fouls were being called on Milan at the end of the game... Im talking about before Milan had to use desperate fouls, it was horrible and the Milan students let the refs know it