wilson central

hoopfan91

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Preach on Brother. People need to read what your telling them. We all have problems in our on house without trying to run someone else house. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Plus read my saying.

Everyone has the WILL to WIN but everyone does not have the will to PREPARE to WIN

And these girls are preparing

Worden, I don't know who you are but I have always respected your comments on these boards until this one.

Yes, MJ puts out some good players, but AAU has a LOT to do with that. Something that MJ does not believe in or support. They think no one can do for their players as much as them, but then they do nothing to help your kid get a scholarship to college.

Please don't even try to give MJ ONE ounce of credit for WC success at state!!!!! The only state they have won recently was because of Alecia Clark and she was not a home grown MJ product. People are who they are in their heart with their own drives and ambitions. MJ has run more girls in the ground than they have to state!!!!!

Just a joke, but I think you are a little down on MJ. They put good ball players on the floor every year. It is those special ones (Aleshia Clark, Jasmine Hassell) though, that bring home the championships. The good ones play aau

It's a little hard to read and follow this thread. From what I can see, we have a few jealous folks commenting about decisions parents made for what they felt were in the best interest of their children. LEGAL decisions. When all is said and done, at the end of the day, Central brought home the gold ball. Final. Period. End of report. Hassell is Miss Basketball. Period.

When you have a good reputation, a good program, a good coach and a good school, you do not have to recruit. The kids come to you.

Congratulations "Mighty Kitties" as some call you. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Job well done. Hope to see you back next year.

When you have a good reputation, a good program, a good coach and a good school, you do not have to recruit. The kids come to you.

Exactly!!!!!!

How many really good players would just come to Tennessee to play for Pat Summitt without her ever making a call to them? A lot, great players want to play for great coaches. Lebanon is a perfect example, look what the previous coach did with those players, and what Brown was able to accomplish. Granted, they have benefitted for playing experience and Anne Marie Lanning graduating, but they have improved greatly since a new coach took over. Turn back the clock four years ago, your daughter can go play for a team that won 10 games in 3 years, or a team with a great new facility, and a coach with over 700 wins and his son who is a pretty darn good coach as well. Not to mention I believe two of the players in question had mother that played for Campbell at Lebanon. They knew what kind of coaching their daughter would get with Bud and Campbell.

I am a father, and whether it is athletics or academics, I am going to send my child where they have the best chance to be successful if I have the choice, no one will have to recruit me to make that decision.

Exactly!!!!!!

How many really good players would just come to Tennessee to play for Pat Summitt without her ever making a call to them? A lot, great players want to play for great coaches. Lebanon is a perfect example, look what the previous coach did with those players, and what Brown was able to accomplish. Granted, they have benefitted for playing experience and Anne Marie Lanning graduating, but they have improved greatly since a new coach took over. Turn back the clock four years ago, your daughter can go play for a team that won 10 games in 3 years, or a team with a great new facility, and a coach with over 700 wins and his son who is a pretty darn good coach as well. Not to mention I believe two of the players in question had mother that played for Campbell at Lebanon. They knew what kind of coaching their daughter would get with Bud and Campbell.

I am a father, and whether it is athletics or academics, I am going to send my child where they have the best chance to be successful if I have the choice, no one will have to recruit me to make that decision.

Ditto, and I would like to add a couple things... the fans and school administration. The folks that come out on a wintry Friday night to support the girls, risking accidents and such should be commended. The program just has it going on from top to bottom. Good luck next year girls!

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You should be embarrassed. How Jealous can one person be of another's team hard work. No one gave them anything. They had to overcome all odds to win this championship with only 5 players left after JC went down with the ACL.

The WC coaches did not throw the game against Smyrna. Smyrna beat MJ like a step child and then they beat WC like one. Give them their due. They played great and had one of the best chances to win state. Smyrna is a class act with a great coach in Willey. It was sad to see them lose.

Why can't the coaches, players, parents and fans be supportive of their county? So full of hate, jealousy and bitterness. Shut Up!!!!!! Please!!!!!! It is pretty sad when WC has more support from the Rutherford County Smyrna parents and players than the ones in their own county.

You also shouldn't run your mouth when your own Coach Fryer has made calls of his own to a West Wilson Middle School player who can go to any school in Wilson County and will not come to MJ. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well then why were both Bud and Campbell going to watch Jasmine play in middle school at Walter J. Baird? None of those girls werer zoned to go to Wilson Central not even Hassell. Oh wait, A RECRUITING TRIP. Just like they tried to recruit Lebanon Freshman Marissa Jennings to come to Wilson Central as well. If I am not mistaken Southside and West Wilson are zoned for Wilson Central. Funny that Bud and Campbell always end up at Walter J. games. I am sure they are already hot on the trail of their next recruiting class.

With a bona fide change of address, I'm fine with that unless they're recruiting. Open zones versus closed boundaries makes the playing field unlevel.

I don't know Wilson Central from Shelbyville Central or Columbia Central. Don't have a dog in that fight. Don't know the kids involved. Don't care.

My gripe is a philosophical one. I don't agree with the philosophy of penalizing privates schools that provide financial aid and letting other folks open up their zones. What's the difference? There's a limit to what any school can get away with without on campus room and board due to the logistics of transportation. If you want to pick up and move your household for athletic reasons or academic reasons or because you like the school colors, that's your choice. When one group is forced to have a multiplier on them to 'level the field' while another group can open their school to all comers, that's a problem. If you don't have a defined boundary for your school zone, you should have a multiplier.

Maybe they were wanting to get a look at who they'd be playing against in the next couple of years or believe or not, just like watching games. If you think you know something you should call the TSSAA and tell them, if not you're just making your school look bad.

If you are naive enough to think that then you are making yourself look bad! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

With a bona fide change of address, I'm fine with that unless they're recruiting. Open zones versus closed boundaries makes the playing field unlevel.

I don't know Wilson Central from Shelbyville Central or Columbia Central. Don't have a dog in that fight. Don't know the kids involved. Don't care.

My grip is a philosophical one. I don't agree with the philosophy of penalizing privates schools that provide financial aid and letting other folks open up their zones. What's the difference? There's a limit to what any school can get away with without on campus room and board due to the logistics of transportation. If you want to pick up and move your household for athletic reasons or academic reasons or because you like the school colors, that's your choice. When one group is forced to have a multiplier on them to 'level the field' while another group can open their school to all comers, that's a problem. If you don't have a defined boundary for your school zone, you should have a multiplier.

I totally agree. I am like you vols, don't have a dog in the hunt but here is my 2 cents which no one asked for but are getting anyway.

Any high school coach who is involved in AAU recruits. They may not break any rules but they break the spirit of the rules. AAU is supposed to be all star teams where anyone can play from anywhere and High School is supposed to the school you are zoned to but more and more they are starting to look the same. A lot of teams do it, but you only here about the teams that win which this year is Wilson Central, and Jackson County. My idea is instead of seperating public and private, seperate the schools which except transfers from the schools who don't. That way, the true high school coach who is not involved in AAU and is doing it the way it is supposed to be done doesn't have to worry about playing an all star team. My final note is for the parents who transfer there kids. If you feel for whatever reason that is what you need to do fine, do it. However understand you are get some flack from people for doing it. If you are willing to move and get the gold ball, and you beat people along the way who had NO transfers you are going to get some grief. Take it and stop with the "hater talk"

The other thing you can do is not schedule those teams outside of what your district makes you schedule. If kids are transferring in at a pretty good rate and they're calling a school looking for games, don't give them any.

Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds were playing within the rules of the game too. It's the rule that stinks here guys.