Oak Ridge v. White Station

YaBoiEMed

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Station- great guard play but the tend to stand and wait for joe jackson, top 5 in age group in country, to spark them. they are athletic but don't start real big kids 6'4, 6'5 6'3 but they do have a kid named hall, top 50 prospect age group, 6'9" played for MUS, last year's DII state champions, and became eligible at the end of February. they may well have been in same position with or without the addition of Hall. he played JV all year.

Chemistry with his addition would be a worry for me in picking them to win it all, but they are well coached and can play with anyone. They were three seed in our district tourney.

Oak Ridge, don't know squat about them. Aren't they kids from there genetically altered because of Radiation. We have a teacher from Oak Ridge and he is different. LOL. Should be a great game...

White Station- great guard play but the tend to stand and wait for joe jackson, top 5 in age group in country, to spark them. they are athletic but don't start real big kids 6'4, 6'5 6'3 but they do have a kid named hall, top 50 prospect age group, 6'9" played for MUS, last year's DII state champions, and became eligible at the end of February. they may well have been in same position with or without the addition of Hall. he played JV all year.

Chemistry with his addition would be a worry for me in picking them to win it all, but they are well coached and can play with anyone. They were three seed in our district tourney.

Oak Ridge, don't know squat about them. Aren't they kids from there genetically altered because of Radiation. We have a teacher from Oak Ridge and he is different. LOL. Should be a great game...

The radiation only makes the kids incredibly smart. Studies haven't shown that radiation make them better basketball players.

Cousin Eddie from Chevy Chase's Vaction movie said about living so close to a nuclear reactor and radiation exposure, "Well, Clark, my teeth have never been whiter and my garden's spittin out 50 lb. tomatoes." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck to both!

I would love to see this game. I would love to see Joe Jackson against Oak Ridge's press.

It's not likely that you will see Joe Jackson against Oak Ridge's press, at least not very often.

Joe Jackson is the shooting guard, not PG. He doesn't handle the ball much. I don't expect that to change vs Oak Ridge. Therefore, it is not very likely that JJ will be bringing the ball up the court vs OR's press.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, Joe Jackson's #1 weakness is his ball handling skills. While he's improved them considerably since last year, they still need more work. As a Sophomore, he's done a much better job of avoiding this weakness....I think part of this credit must go to WS' Coach, Patino. He obviously contructs his offense, with this in mind. This helps cut down on turnovers and keeps unecessary pressure off of his #1 Gun.

White Station trys very hard to let other guys handle the ball, then get it to Joe--in a position to shoot. More often than not when JJ gets the ball out on the perimeter, he'll either shoot right away or take a couple of dribbles then shoot. That's it.... When he get's the ball around the paint, however, he frequently uses his quickness to take it to the hole....He's an excellent shooter who does not need much room to get his shot off. He's got much range and an apparent "green light" to fire away from wherever. In addition, he has a knack for drawing fouls.

Because of his versatility and shooting ability, Joe Jackson often poses matchup problems for opponents.

It's not likely that you will see Joe Jackson against Oak Ridge's press, at least not very often.Joe Jackson is the shooting guard, not PG. He doesn't handle the ball much. I don't expect that to change vs Oak Ridge. Therefore, it is not very likely that JJ will be bringing the ball up the court vs OR's press.------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record, Joe Jackson's #1 weakness is his ball handling skills. While he's improved them considerably since last year, they still need more work. As a Sophomore, he's done a much better job of avoiding this weakness....I think part of this credit must go to WS' Coach, Patino. He obviously contructs his offense, with this in mind. This helps cut down on turnovers and keeps unecessary pressure off of his #1 Gun.White Station trys very hard to let other guys handle the ball, then get it to Joe--in a position to shoot. More often than not when JJ gets the ball out on the perimeter, he'll either shoot right away or take a couple of dribbles then shoot. That's it.... When he get's the ball around the paint, however, he frequently uses his quickness to take it to the hole....He's an excellent shooter who does not need much room to get his shot off. He's got much range and an apparent "green light" to fire away from wherever. In addition, he has a knack for drawing fouls. Because of his versatility and shooting ability, Joe Jackson often poses matchup problems for opponents.

Trader White Station will be very dangerous if JJ drives and passes. I've watched him twice this year drive and force a D-Wade type of shot when his teammates were wide open.

Trader White Station will be very dangerous if JJ drives and passes. I've watched him twice this year drive and force a D-Wade type of shot when his teammates were wide open.

plus White Station other guard is pretty solid and will handle the press...

As much as it kill me to say it, I think White Station is clearly the better team. I'll be in Murfeesboro praying for an upset though.

I'm by no means convinced OR is the better team, but what are you basing that WS is the better team? With OR at 32 & 2 and WS at 23 & 12, you would think that OR should at least have a chance.

I know nothing about WS, but it sounds like they have good size, at least compared to OR. Oak Ridge has a very athletic post at 6-5 that has a pretty complete game and shoots the ball well with both left and right hand. Otherwise, not a lot of size in the starting lineup. Where they've made their mark IMO is big time speed, and a 4 quarter press that tends to wear the opponent down. Starting guard Jared Stephens is fast, relentless, and at about 5-9 can play above the rim. They have good depth and rotate often. I'd say everyone dressed will see significant minutes.

Having not seen WS, I can't predict the outcome, but I do predict WS will have their hands full.

Once again I think like Fulton Oak Ridge is being over looked. A common opponet was Memphis Central who beat Oak Ridge by 2 on a last second 3 pointer in a game which Oak Ridge led and who White Station beat by 7. Memphis Central was also good enough to beat Ridgeway. I think Oak Ridge will compete but not sure if they will be able to pull it off against the Spartans but I hope so. Coach Norris is a class act.

If Central beat Oak Ridge this year, then they will definitely have problems with White Station. They are simply more talented than Central and Central had a pretty good team but they are not better than White Station. If you play Joe one on one, you will get 25 plus put on you. If Oak Ridge is smart, they better put 2 on Joe but if you do that now, 6'8 Ferrakhan Hall will kill you. He's very skilled and athletic and he can put it on the floor and get by his man. Should be a mismatch for anyone guarding him. Good Luck Oak Ridge but your season may come to an end today if you don't play the best game of your season.

If Central beat Oak Ridge this year, then they will definitely have problems with White Station. They are simply more talented than Central and Central had a pretty good team but they are not better than White Station. If you play Joe one on one, you will get 25 plus put on you. If Oak Ridge is smart, they better put 2 on Joe but if you do that now, 6'8 Ferrakhan Hall will kill you. He's very skilled and athletic and he can put it on the floor and get by his man. Should be a mismatch for anyone guarding him. Good Luck Oak Ridge but your season may come to an end today if you don't play the best game of your season.

I think ole Joe will have his hands full with stephens guarding him...as long as stephens stays out of foul trouble.