Manassas -vs- Union City

Legend

Manassas got out coached and lost. I've alway thought basketball was 75% talent and 25% coaching....Players have to execute the game plan and in my opinon Manassas coaching staff failed ( with that kind of lead)...When two teams are this close I guess you could say coaching was the deciding fator along with UC's never quit attitude. I thought Manassa would win but they lost. I have no problem saying I was wrong and neither should anyone else......both teams play 32 minute and lay it all on the line and UC comes out ahead....Congrats to UC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will be checking the various ranking in a couple of weeks. Wouldn't suprise me at all if UC at 37 and 0 ends up being ranked in the top 10 in the southern region...this region covers quite a few states. Not saying this will happen but a win like today might make it happen along with a state championship.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's put up or shut up now...The time has come...It's great that it's Manassas but it didn't really matter who the Tornadoes had to play today....

You have two teams with a combined 71 wins..You have two of the top 10 teams in the entire state in any classification....A great match-up...

You could fill an entire page with what-ifs...I've seen where people say the teams are evenly matched...Wrong...There is no comparison to these two teams...Union City is grossly out-sized...Manassas will not have the overall quickness Union City has...Manassas is not that great at the free throw line...Union City isn't either but they have had to make some in this tourney with the game on the line...People will be surprised that Union City will either be close or lead the rebound margin....Manassas hasn't had to play a team yet in this tourney with great athletes...Union City has played two of the best four teams up here already and will play the other today...Union City will have the edge in coaching....Union City has four Gold Balls sitting on the bench..They have 15 out of 17 state tourney wins on their bench...They have seven seniors with a title already and five state tourney victories under their belt...Experience cannot be discounted...The tourney today has five teams that bring nobody to support their teams...Union City is not included in that and will have a "home court" advantage...Union City will not be intimidated by Manassas' athleticism,they have seen it before...They will not be scared like Jackson County and University were....Union City will have to shoot the ball as good or better than they did yesterday....But if they don't they can grind one out also....

I'm glad there are no injuries going in..No excuses to be made..If the refs let the two teams play it will be very interesting..If it's nit-picky it will be frustrating for both clubs...Rarely do these types of games live up to the hype..I'm hoping it does this time...Manassas is a very good team..But Union City is too....

GO TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!....

I've seen some that won't make a prediction...I will....Union City-76....Manassas-69

UC was the better team. they played harder. they are the champs

congrats to UC on their undefeated season! I was at the game and didn't know if UC was going to be able to pull it out after the 1st half...but they did because players started stepping up and sisco was calm...unless manassas's fan support was spread out, I only saw that they brought just a section of people...compared to UC's 8-10 sections..lol..Manassas was also throwing cheap shots throughout the whole game...the intentional foul called earlier in the game where it looked as though a UC player stepped on the Manassas player's head wasn't the correct call...the manassas player grabbed on to the UC player's leg while he was trying to get off of him, which caused him to trip and step on the guy's head...but once again congrats to UC and see ya next year in District 14!

WE have the best TEAM, WE have the best Coaches, We have the best Play ( Mr. Basketball ) and we also have a "PERFECT" season.

How many of you out there can say not only "My TEAM" won the state but had a perfect record to go with it.

Union City should be ranked at least in the top 50 in the United States after this season.

This has to be the classiest bunch of young men I have ever seen wear a Union City basketball jersey.

Hats off guys..

WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!

Knoxville Fulton just pulled the same deal on Memphis Mitchell.

One thing....99% of the time if the games come down to coaching and a Memphis team is involved, the Memphis coaches will get OUT COACHED.........No doubt.

WE have the best TEAM, WE have the best Coaches, We have the best Play ( Mr. Basketball ) and we also have a "PERFECT" season.

How many of you out there can say not only "My TEAM" won the state but had a perfect record to go with it.

Union City should be ranked at least in the top 50 in the United States after this season.

This has to be the classiest bunch of young men I have ever seen wear a Union City basketball jersey.

Hats off guys..

WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!

One thing....99% of the time if the games come down to coaching and a Memphis team is involved, the Memphis coaches will get OUT COACHED.........No doubt.

i kind of agree with your sentiment about memphis coaches its seems like a lot of them are worried about looking good in their suits and seeing how many points they can score instead of doing the little things to win

I am so proud of these UC boys. They truly are humble and hardworking athletes. I know some people do not want to believe this, as it is easy to hate on those who go undefeated, but they did not cross the line between confident and cocky -- even when looking at a perfect season. The fans may be another story, but "the crew" always caried themselves with dignity.

(And Cameron ("Killa") Callicott did not deserve that foul. He never stepped on that kid on purpose. Watch the replay.)

Celebration tomorrow at 3:00 at the Thunderdome. Everyone is welcome!

"So proud to be a #1 tornado.."

Hats off guys..

WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!

I could not have put it any better! Nicely said ucdiditagain! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Union City will not be close in the rebounding department. Excuses will be made after the game...Wait and see. I am like Purple, I would love to see this live up to the hype. Both are good teams and deserve to be here. But, in the end UC will not have an answer for Manassas. 80-64 Manassas.

for all the people who did not think Union City could rebound UNION CITY 53 Manassas 50

Union City will not be close in the rebounding department. Excuses will be made after the game...Wait and see. I am like Purple, I would love to see this live up to the hype. Both are good teams and deserve to be here. But, in the end UC will not have an answer for Manassas. 80-64 Manassas.

for all the people who did not think Union City could rebound UNION CITY 53 Manassas 50

One other thing......HATS OFF to Our Union City Fans. The TSSAA loves to see Union City come and wants them in the finals every year.

Now, there were 4 teams from the Mempho area that had teams to make the finals and other than Union City, there was one ( 1 ) team from the East.

Union City had the largest fan base all week and had more fans on the day of the finals than all 5 of the other schools combined.

Did you notice watching the other games there were no one there hardly and the one that were just were basketball fans in general....!

I really think the fans made a MAJOR differnce down in the final minutes and the Memphis team ( Masasses ) was completely shocked and couldn't play their game.

As Coach ( Shane ) said after the game, there were some verbal words from the Memphis kids and they kinda played around with Union City not know Union City was setting them up for the " Knock OUT PUNCH"

I just love to beat Memphis teams, I would rather loose to a middle or East team that the Memphis kids. Just their looks says alot. They watch to much NBA and want to do look alikes.

Great Job agains Union City.

By the way, were are all of the Manasses fans who have been running their mouths all week. Some have come foward but others have not.