Mitchell vs Fulton

yankees8589

The young man is 18 about to go into the real world. He needs to grow up and not act like this. I am 19 and know not to act like this if I was in the situation. He should know how to act; I hope the lady that was by his side goes to Texas with him so she can calm him down a little bit whenever something doesnt go his way. smckinney you act like he is still just an immature little kid, but I hope he is not because he is an athlete, and if he acts like this in Texas he wont last long.

Again how would you feel or react if someone is taking away something you have worked all year for. If you have never been in a situation where people are not being fair with you and judging you for your quality of work. Those kids at Mitchell and Fulton deserved to play in a game where the winner is determined by the kids on the floor and unbias refs. Right is Right and you as a 19 year old should demand right. I am not saying what the kid did was right rather he is 18 or 28 he is still an emotional human. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us. Hay someone thought he was deserving of a scholarship.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again how would you feel or react if someone is taking away something you have worked all year for. If you have never been in a situation where people are not being fair with you and judging you for your quality of work. Those kids at Mitchell and Fulton deserved to play in a game where the winner is determined by the kids on the floor and unbias refs. Right is Right and you as a 19 year old should demand right. I am not saying what the kid did was right rather he is 18 or 28 he is still an emotional human. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us. Hay someone thought he was deserving of a scholarship.

Lets talk about the game. What about the game. What are your thoughts on the game and how the game was played. Also Coaches don't play the game players do. For Mitchell to get to the Championship three years in a row must show that Coach Johnson must know something. Also to have won a championship should mean something as well he did with Kingsbury. So if Coach Johnson cannot coach means that every team they beat in this week must had weaker coaches then he, if you think the game is about Coaches. If the field was fair then Mitchell would have won. They knew in order for Fulton to win, key personel on Mitchell's team could not be on the floor.

Lets talk about the game. What about the game. What are your thoughts on the game and how the game was played. Also Coaches don't play the game players do. For Mitchell to get to the Championship three years in a row must show that Coach Johnson must know something. Also to have won a championship should mean something as well he did with Kingsbury. So if Coach Johnson cannot coach means that every team they beat in this week must had weaker coaches then he, if you think the game is about Coaches. If the field was fair then Mitchell would have won. They knew in order for Fulton to win, key personel on Mitchell's team could not be on the floor.

I am going to say I disagree with most of your comments, and I am from Memphis. I have not seen the play yet, but will go back and look at it since I recorded all these games. But as coaches we have to teach our players to maintain their composure in the face of challenges, even when we are wronged. The referees are the authorities on the floor, so they should be respected at all time, no matter how bad a call is that they make or do not make. After the game it is our responsibility to report the evidence of the mistake and hope the powers that be work to correct them. each association selects the officials that are sent, and Memphis itself did a poor job sending their best. I believe every referee is human, and they make mistakes, some more than others, but we should teach our kids to believe those in authority are going to do their best to do things right. We should not tell them it is okay to react however when they feel wrong. If a police officer pulls you over for speeding, should you just go off on him or her if you think they made a mistake. Would you treat your mom that way if she was wrong.

I believe continuing to make excuses instead of making people wrong for their actions is wrong. That goes for players, coaches, and referees. Unless we want to continue to see the fights we have in Memphis at basketball games, not to mention school, we have to make players stay in check.

I am going to say I disagree with most of your comments, and I am from Memphis. I have not seen the play yet, but will go back and look at it since I recorded all these games. But as coaches we have to teach our players to maintain their composure in the face of challenges, even when we are wronged. The referees are the authorities on the floor, so they should be respected at all time, no matter how bad a call is that they make or do not make. After the game it is our responsibility to report the evidence of the mistake and hope the powers that be work to correct them. each association selects the officials that are sent, and Memphis itself did a poor job sending their best. I believe every referee is human, and they make mistakes, some more than others, but we should teach our kids to believe those in authority are going to do their best to do things right. We should not tell them it is okay to react however when they feel wrong. If a police officer pulls you over for speeding, should you just go off on him or her if you think they made a mistake. Would you treat your mom that way if she was wrong.

I believe continuing to make excuses instead of making people wrong for their actions is wrong. That goes for players, coaches, and referees. Unless we want to continue to see the fights we have in Memphis at basketball games, not to mention school, we have to make players stay in check.

Good Post!!!

Thats's a disgrace...he should be kicked off the team or some serious ground rules layed down for next season. He is a junior ..right....college coaches are getting more and moe hesitant to take kids with attitudes. Somebody needs to get a hold of this kid and straight him out.

He is a senior thank God. Dyersburg's football team has been chasing him for 3 years and still has not caught him. Hate to hear he acted like that. He is better at football than he is basketball.

Good Post.

Question. Did anybody see that kid from White Station foul out??? Yea thats because he just went over and sat down on the bench.

Unbiased basketball fan without a team who enjoyed the state tournament.

Congratulations to Fulton. When I saw them at the start of the game against Dyer County yesterday, I wasn't sure about them. I was wrong, I will have to say they became my favorite team of the state tourney by the time it was over. They played tough, never lost their composure, except for the 1 tech against Dyer Co. Gallman, Minor, Steele and the pg Hollingsworth were just ice cold players. I was very impressed. Yesterdays game there were a couple of guys that played big in reserve, #10 did a good job in relief at pg and #30 played a few minutes but made some great decisions when he was in there and seemed to keep the offense composed rather than rushing things. By the way I sat behind about 3 very vocal Fulton fans yesterday who were ready to fire the coach and who were questioning his every move. I guess in spite of not doing what these parents/Fans?? thought were the right moves, he led his team to 2 big wins and the state tournament. The players and coach did a good job. Congratulations.

On the topic of player meltdowns, I am going to venture a guess that there are coaches and adults in the players life that have contributed to allowing this behavior. I'm not excusing it, just think that coaches and leaders of these kids need to step up as well. The kid was thinking much more of himself than the team. More than likely he has learned that from coaches who have put winning the big games over taking the time to discipline this kind of behavior. So, many times these kids are being selfish, just as there coaches are being selfish by not helping the kids by making them accountable for their actions.

Ken Torry...what can we say, great athlete but major issues dealing with adversity. Hopefully he can get this under control b/c he is a player...he must first understand the TEAM concept!

Years from now he will understand that his actions were a major distraction and probably lost the game for his team.

Here is what the Mitchell coach said in the Tennessean:

(Mitchell Coach Jerry Johnson was upset with the reactions of some of his players during and following the game. One of those was Torry, who walked down a tunnel and out of the gym after his fifth foul. He returned a few minutes later.

???Just like when people go to a funeral, the people who cry the loudest and boo-hoo the longest are the people who didn??™t do all they could for that person who died,??? remarked Johnson, adding that some were ???embarrassing the colors of Mitchell.???)

This was a big stage and Torry wasnt going to go out without being seen and remembered...to bad that we will probably not remember him for the 48 points, but rather his disgraceful display in defeat!

WAY TO BATTLE BACK FALCONS. NOT MANY GAVE YOU A SHOT, BUT YOU WERE BATTLE TESTED AND EARNED EVERY BIT OF THAT CHAMPIONSHIP...ITS GONNA LOOK GREAT BESIDE THE 3 GOLD FOOTBALLS!!!!!!!!!!