Private/Public Split Debate

beavo5

Which just goes to show that you have no desire to be fair and equitable to all involved. You just want to criticize private schools for their "advantages" (usually exaggerated by at least fifty miles) while ignoring, denying or justifying the advantages that public schools have.

Or, you could substitute public, where you have private, and

make an equally good argument. You're arguing the same

thing in reverse.

Give TC only the surrounding counties to pick from...Sumner,

Wilson, Smith, Macon. Just 4, you can keep the other 5, and

I'll see you in the 'Boro on a regular basis, while watching the

trophy case stretch down the hallway.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing in reverse.

Old Pirates says SP would only Hamilton. OP can only shake his scarred head when reading these private supporter's posts, simply unbelievable..........

thing in reverse.

seriously, you crack me up.... what is it you want exactly? You posted yourself that your team and coach have about a .750 winning % against private schools...isn't that good enough? Yet you still have to complain about private schools leveraging all that "unfair advantage" to win 1 out of 4 games against you over 10 years. Just admit it--I was right and this has never been about "Fairness" and it's all about you "watching the trophy case grow down the hallway."

I've tried to explain this before. It is true that "there are none so blind as those who won't see".

1 more time then...

1) It just doesn't matter how wide an area you get your kids from IF you aren't choosing them just because they are good athletes. You still get a normal distribution of good and bad athletes (and academics). It only matters if you are using the wider area to sift for good athletes.

2) But to do that you would have to have some way to make the school affordable for the good athletes you found, as a large number of people just can't afford to attend a tuition charging school. That is financial aid and the DI privates are NOT allowed to have any athletes on it.

So (3) The only schools that can potentially gain an advantage in athletes from having a wide enrollment area are those that have a) Selective admissions with athletics as a criterion and /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Enough money that they can assist students in their tuition or (as is the case with magnets and open zones) have no tuition at all. Those schools are all in DII or are publics, they are NOT the DI privates.

1. Simply put YES IT DOES. No matter where or why you getem you getem from a bigger selection.

2. If tution is too high for joe blow off the street to go to your school it is also too high for any trouble students or broken home children to attend. This is also an ADVANTAGE.

3. Your slap lying through your teeth to tell me BBS would turn away a 6'3' 200 lb freshman QB that runs a 4.7 and has a rocket arm and a 3.0 gpa only to accept the short little overweight kid with coke bottle glasses and a 4.0 gpa

If high tuition turns away students then you have plenty enough $$$.

4. Trying to turn this into something racial makes you and stevie both sound like desperate idiots.

1. Simply put YES IT DOES. No matter where or why you getem you getem from a bigger selection.

2. If tution is too high for joe blow off the street to go to your school it is also too high for any trouble students or broken home children to attend. This is also an ADVANTAGE.

3. Your slap lying through your teeth to tell me BBS would turn away a 6'3' 200 lb freshman QB that runs a 4.7 and has a rocket arm and a 3.0 gpa only to accept the short little overweight kid with coke bottle glasses and a 4.0 gpa

If high tuition turns away students then you have plenty enough $$$.

4. Trying to turn this into something racial makes you and stevie both sound like desperate idiots.

Old Pirate is becoming a fan. Good job. Sickem.........................

Not 50 miles but close

Estimated Distance: 48.20 miles (mapquest)

Who are they and where do they attend?

CCS from what I was told earlier this year. This was during a casual conversation about students moving, etc. I don't know the students. I do know for sure some who barely go under the 50 miles., to CCS and Boyd. You also had a quarterback going from Dayton to Temple a couple of years ago.

seriously, you crack me up.... what is it you want exactly? You posted yourself that your team and coach have about a .750 winning % against private schools...isn't that good enough? Yet you still have to complain about private schools leveraging all that "unfair advantage" to win 1 out of 4 games against you over 10 years. Just admit it--I was right and this has never been about "Fairness" and it's all about you "watching the trophy case grow down the hallway."

Glad to know you're so easily amused, makes my job so much easier.

What do I want? Again, simple, put all privates together, all publics together. Now, that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Moving right along, I have never said TC couldn't hold their

own with the ABC schools, always have, still do. You misinterpret this to make your own case, which is permissable,

but a waste of time. Let me attempt to put this another way,

maybe easier to understand. Just because TC, has had the good fortune to keep their head above water in face of these odds

that others have difficulty with, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You seem to have difficulty understanding the concept

of being against unfairness, even if you are not directly affected. Certainly, there are several schools out there, besides

TC that have had success vs privates, SP, Smith, Riverdale, to name a few over the classes, but there are many, many, more,

less fortunate that could do better, without their athletes wandering off into another county or school.

Let me try to make this even simpler for you. From a law

enforcement point of view, my area, just because I have, say

a million bucks in the bank, doesn't mean I won't lock you up

for robbing the bank.

You can cherry pick words or phrases from a post to attempt to

bolster your point, but it doesn't fly. Ex: watching the trophy case grow down the hallway. Add the rest of the comment: give

me the 4 surrounding counties, and you've correctly quoted the

post. Who knows, with counties, we might even give the Dll

boys, money or not, a good run, even if you have robbed the bank.

But, alas, all this is for naught. You apparently haven't a clue

about fairness.

Glad to know you're so easily amused, makes my job so much easier.

What do I want? Again, simple, put all privates together, all publics together. Now, that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Moving right along, I have never said TC couldn't hold their

own with the ABC schools, always have, still do. You misinterpret this to make your own case, which is permissable,

but a waste of time. Let me attempt to put this another way,

maybe easier to understand. Just because TC, has had the good fortune to keep their head above water in face of these odds

that others have difficulty with, doesn't mean there isn't a problem. You seem to have difficulty understanding the concept

of being against unfairness, even if you are not directly affected. Certainly, there are several schools out there, besides

TC that have had success vs privates, SP, Smith, Riverdale, to name a few over the classes, but there are many, many, more,

less fortunate that could do better, without their athletes wandering off into another county or school.

Let me try to make this even simpler for you. From a law

enforcement point of view, my area, just because I have, say

a million bucks in the bank, doesn't mean I won't lock you up

for robbing the bank.

You can cherry pick words or phrases from a post to attempt to

bolster your point, but it doesn't fly. Ex: watching the trophy case grow down the hallway. Add the rest of the comment: give

me the 4 surrounding counties, and you've correctly quoted the

post. Who knows, with counties, we might even give the Dll

boys, money or not, a good run, even if you have robbed the bank.

But, alas, all this is for naught. You apparently haven't a clue

about fairness.

Old Pirate says "The Grunt has spoken" Great post, but we all know how mentally challenged these private supporters appear to be.

Old Pirate has a problem with parents/people who attempt to shelter their kids from what is the real world. OP has mentioned this before, but most private supporters use the excuse "better education" when the biggest reason is they simply would rather their kids co-exsist with the middle to upper class families and stay away from the inner city kids or the less fortunate families.

Old Pirate says "The Grunt has spoken" Great post, but we all know how mentally challenged these private supporters appear to be.

Old Pirate has a problem with parents/people who attempt to shelter their kids from what is the real world. OP has mentioned this before, but most private supporters use the excuse "better education" when the biggest reason is they simply would rather their kids co-exsist with the middle to upper class families and stay away from the inner city kids or the less fortunate families.

Could this be true in some cases? Of course it could. But to say that this is the case with "most private supporters" is over-generalized, judgmental, and unsupportable. I sent two of my three children to private school when they reached middle school age, after the oldest one had attended our zoned public schools. The reasons had nothing to do with "class," the "inner city," or "less fortunate families." For my middle child, it was about having a small school setting that would be better for his learning needs. I knew his learning style and learning needs from his elementary school experience, and I knew how different it would be if he attended the zoned middle school, because I already had that experience with my oldest child. I wasn't willing to take the chance that he would be allowed to get lost in the shuffle at the larger school he was zoned to attend. For my youngest child, it was simply about having my two youngest children (close in age) at the same school. Meanwhile, I have continued to support public education in ways that you would not imagine. So, as one of those "most private supporters" you mention, I suppose I find your presumptuous remarks offensive as well.

Mentally challenged. Ha!

Reaction says speak for yourself.