Private/Public Split Debate

beavo5

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be true because GP and CAK will be 2a with no mutliplier and year in year out FCS isn't as good as South Pitt or Trousdale. JCS isn't as good as DCA or CPA or SP or Trousdale or us year in year out. Again, your guesswork is not very informed, but even informed guesswork is still just that, guesswork.

Isn't the cutoff for 1A at 400? Last I saw both of those were under that.

It won't be true because GP and CAK will be 2a with no mutliplier and year in year out FCS isn't as good as South Pitt or Trousdale. JCS isn't as good as DCA or CPA or SP or Trousdale or us year in year out. Again, your guesswork is not very informed, but even informed guesswork is still just that, guesswork.

I'm so glad your here to be the coacht fact police. You defend yourself hard enough to be guilty of something.

Are you the recruiting coordinator down there at Boyd or what? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm so glad your here to be the coacht fact police. You defend yourself hard enough to be guilty of something.

Are you the recruiting coordinator down there at Boyd or what? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You really make 0 sense, but thats ok I guess.

Sure, that's it. I get paid by the DI recruit. So I have never been paid. And I have a budget of $0...maybe that's the reason. We wouldn't need fact police if so many people didnt get on here half baked and throw accusations around as if they were true.

I defend against rediculous assertions. And I don't defend me...what you apparently don't realize along with a lot of others who post things implying that the small privates are dishonest is that you are insulting about 4 or 5 thousand selfless, dedicated people who are trying to provide kids with a quality education that is Christ centered for as little as they can charge. I'm defending those people. In fact, it occurs to me that the main reason that most people get on here and assume that the small privates regularly cheat is that they are dishonest themselves and just expect others to be that way. It just couldn't be that they are honest and successful, could it eagle?

Are all successful programs dishonest? Do they all have unfair advantages? Do they all recruit? If not, why do you think the small privates do? Prejudice is the only honest answer. You know next to nothing about the subject or about the schools yet you have pre-judged them...the very definition of prejudice. So I challenge the stuff that you and others say that isn't true, or accurate, or is just plain not verifiable. Because prejudice, whether it is about athletics or people or schools is just not right, ever. And neither is spreading rumors and half truths as if they are the whole truth. If you are gonna print something bad or defamatory about 5000 people or more you better have your ducks in a row.

Sure, that's it. I get paid by the DI recruit. So I have never been paid. And I have a budget of $0...maybe that's the reason. We wouldn't need fact police if so many people didnt get on here half baked and throw accusations around as if they were true.

I defend against rediculous assertions. And I don't defend me...what you apparently don't realize along with a lot of others who post things implying that the small privates are dishonest is that you are insulting about 4 or 5 thousand selfless, dedicated people who are trying to provide kids with a quality education that is Christ centered for as little as they can charge. I'm defending those people. In fact, it occurs to me that the main reason that most people get on here and assume that the small privates regularly cheat is that they are dishonest themselves and just expect others to be that way. It just couldn't be that they are honest and successful, could it eagle?

Are all successful programs dishonest? Do they all have unfair advantages? Do they all recruit? If not, why do you think the small privates do? Prejudice is the only honest answer. You know next to nothing about the subject or about the schools yet you have pre-judged them...the very definition of prejudice. So I challenge the stuff that you and others say that isn't true, or accurate, or is just plain not verifiable. Because prejudice, whether it is about athletics or people or schools is just not right, ever. And neither is spreading rumors and half truths as if they are the whole truth. If you are gonna print something bad or defamatory about 5000 people or more you better have your ducks in a row.

Again I say you defend yourself like your guilty. The recruiter thing was just a joke.

To answer your question about all successful programs being dishonest , to a certain degree I think so. Wether its Maryville and Alcoa or Goodpasture , Lipscomb , FCS , DCA , CPA. With Highschool programs not being allowed to recruit How can a school be a title contender every year. Sooner or later your area has to run out of talent of that magnitude.

Does Maryville and Alcoa recruit? Of course not they don't have to. Do they have kids from all over East TN. There soley to play Football? Sure. Is that an unfair advantage? I believe so.

Do the D1 privates recruit? Some of them do , like it or not. Is the entire staff at every private Christian school there to serve the Lord and make better students and future citizens out of their kids and put athletic success behind those three? NO. thats what you want us to believe.

I don't think any school that is allowed to have students from all over Tn. Public or Private should have the opportunity to beat everyone elses brains in simply because their local talent pool is down.

Coaching is a big factor. Agood staff can keep any school competitive. Competitive enough to go deep in the playoffs every year however is not possible without having one up on the competition.

Again I say you defend yourself like your guilty. The recruiter thing was just a joke.

To answer your question about all successful programs being dishonest , to a certain degree I think so. Wether its Maryville and Alcoa or Goodpasture , Lipscomb , FCS , DCA , CPA. With Highschool programs not being allowed to recruit How can a school be a title contender every year. Sooner or later your area has to run out of talent of that magnitude.

Does Maryville and Alcoa recruit? Of course not they don't have to. Do they have kids from all over East TN. There soley to play Football? Sure. Is that an unfair advantage? I believe so.

Do the D1 privates recruit? Some of them do , like it or not. Is the entire staff at every private Christian school there to serve the Lord and make better students and future citizens out of their kids and put athletic success behind those three? NO. thats what you want us to believe.

I don't think any school that is allowed to have students from all over Tn. Public or Private should have the opportunity to beat everyone elses brains in simply because their local talent pool is down.

Coaching is a big factor. Agood staff can keep any school competitive. Competitive enough to go deep in the playoffs every year however is not possible without having one up on the competition.

I'm not defending Baldcoach, (he doesn't need my help) but your assertion that "all successful programs" are dishonest "to a certain degree" is a pretty sad one. What a cynical viewpoint! I'm not naive but to state that success=cheating...WOW!

You make some claims that take a great deal of the joy and spirit of sportsmanship out of high school sports at both public and private institutions.

I'm not defending Baldcoach, (he doesn't need my help) but your assertion that "all successful programs" are dishonest "to a certain degree" is a pretty sad one. What a cynical viewpoint! I'm not naive but to state that success=cheating...WOW!

You make some claims that take a great deal of the joy and spirit of sportsmanship out of high school sports at both public and private institutions.

NO. What takes the joy and spirit and sportsmanship out of highschool sports is knowing that no matter how hard you work that you have no shot at a title because someone else has athletes from all over the state.

I never said success = cheating. A certain degree of success is one thing but come on , you know as well as I do there is no way you can be a championship contender every year without being able to DRAW good athletes to your school from outside your zone ie. Privates and Alcoa , Maryville. ( I have just went ahead and started mentioning those 2 because I have yet to make a point without getting them thrown back at me , the only 2 publics in the state with as much success as privates)

NO. What takes the joy and spirit and sportsmanship out of highschool sports is knowing that no matter how hard you work that you have no shot at a title because someone else has athletes from all over the state.

I never said success = cheating. A certain degree of success is one thing but come on , you know as well as I do there is no way you can be a championship contender every year without being able to DRAW good athletes to your school from outside your zone ie. Privates and Alcoa , Maryville. ( I have just went ahead and started mentioning those 2 because I have yet to make a point without getting them thrown back at me , the only 2 publics in the state with as much success as privates)

Please name ONE D1 private school (successful or not) that has drawn "athletes from all over the state." For that matter, name ONE D1 public school (successful or not) that has drawn "athletes from all over the state." I realize you are exaggerating for effect, but you must be more careful when painting with such a broad brush.

Your second paragraph contradicts itself. After saying that you "never said success = cheating" you then proceed to explain how "there is no way you can be a championship contender every year without being able to DRAW good athletes to your school from outside your zone" which at least implies cheating or something underhanded taking place. If it does not, what does it imply?

BTW, NO private D1 school has had anywhere near the success of Alcoa or Maryville in football. For that matter, no private D1 school in the state of Tennessee has had as many state championships in football as Maryville (11), Alcoa (9), Oak Ridge (7), Dobyns Bennett (6), Chattanooga Central (6), Trousdale County (6), Riverdale (4), Marion County (4), Milan (4), OR South Pittsburg (4). My source is the TSSAA website (www.tssaa.org) If you believe there is one, please give me the name of the school.

Please name ONE D1 private school (successful or not) that has drawn "athletes from all over the state." For that matter, name ONE D1 public school (successful or not) that has drawn "athletes from all over the state." I realize you are exaggerating for effect, but you must be more careful when painting with such a broad brush.

Your second paragraph contradicts itself. After saying that you "never said success = cheating" you then proceed to explain how "there is no way you can be a championship contender every year without being able to DRAW good athletes to your school from outside your zone" which at least implies cheating or something underhanded taking place. If it does not, what does it imply?

BTW, NO private D1 school has had anywhere near the success of Alcoa or Maryville in football. For that matter, no private D1 school in the state of Tennessee has had as many state championships in football as Maryville (11), Alcoa (9), Oak Ridge (7), Dobyns Bennett (6), Chattanooga Central (6), Trousdale County (6), Riverdale (4), Marion County (4), Milan (4), OR South Pittsburg (4). My source is the TSSAA website (www.tssaa.org) If you believe there is one, please give me the name of the school.

FCS advertises "students from 9 counties"

If not for the multiplier the only teams to win a 1A football title in the last 15 years would have been DCA , CPA , JCS , Goodpasture , and MAAAYBEE Trousdale County.

FCS advertises "students from 9 counties"

If not for the multiplier the only teams to win a 1A football title in the last 15 years would have been DCA , CPA , JCS , Goodpasture , and MAAAYBEE Trousdale County.

First of all, that's not true. South Pitt won the state in 1994 and 1999 before the multiplier with all the ABC privates involved. Trousdale County won three state titles during the last 15 years. This does not even include the last two (after the multiplier) which were won by TC and SP.

Pretty easy to speculate, isn't it? We'll never know if your claim is true or not for sure because we DO have the multiplier. IMHO last year's South Pittsburg team was as good as any team that won the class A state title the last 15 years. How's that for speculation?

By the way, there are ninety-five counties in Tennessee, not nine.