RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

I dont think it is necessarily a teaching at a middle school an coaching at a high school thing there are plenty of coaches who do it... with that being said I think the problem is that Blackman middle is obviously the feeder school for blackman high school which is a cross town rival of Riverdale. I think if Krystle was teaching at Christiana or a school that wasnt a feeder of one of Riverdale's in town rivals it wouldnt be that big of a deal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i could answer how nolan would handle that situation but like i said it is not common for a coach to teach at high school and teach at middle school level if they were good enough nolan would put him on their staff...but coaching in high school and teaching in middle school are 2 different things...if a middle school teacher gets a chance at the high school level i dont see too many principal getting upset about that we had a gu that was gonna help our baseball team in high school but he got a job at blackman...even though he wanted to turn that job down and honor his commitment to RIVERDALE our coaches told him he needs to take that job...so he did while he was a great asset to our coaching staff it was right for him to go somewhere that was a great opportunity for him...and i think in Krystals case IF COACH MAXWELL IS INDEED wanting her to caoch at RIVERDALE is a great opportunity for her ...think about it she is only 1 year out of college and she has a chance to coach at the high school level..that is a great opportunity for her in her young career...and that is how i look at it ...

I apreciate your response and your thoughts. However, thats the great thing about these forums, plenty of room for discussion and opinions. However, maybe we will find something we agree on in the future.

I apreciate your response and your thoughts. However, thats the great thing about these forums, plenty of room for discussion and opinions. However, maybe we will find something we agree on in the future.

I was wondering if you could answer these 2 questions for me

1. Has Krystal been approached by RIVERDALE to come and be an assistant coach with us

2. If she has is she intrested in coming to the high school level

I guess that I still do not understand why people at Blackman Middle would be so unhappy with the coach. The only way I believe that the administration could be that upset with her wanting to help her alma matter would be if EVERY teacher in the entire school were super fans that attended each and every sporting event, which we all know is not realistic. I understand about the inner city rivalry, but if she is willing to teach there and is happy, why not encourage her to better herself and coaching abilities, which may end up bettering Blackman Middle girls basketball or even the high school later in her career. I wish all the coaches good luck with new positions and hope that all school systems manage to be happy and not put any stress on teachers that is not needed.

My daughter played for Hillary Maxwell at Siegel for 3 years. She ( Hillary) was a task master that made my daughter cry at times, question her love of the game and work harder day after day to prove that she had the right stuff. My daughter learned much more from Coach Maxwell than x's & o's, she learned about responsibility, accountability and community. In my opinion, Riverdale (The Darth Vader of High Schools) has made the best hire in history, as Hillary is first & foremost a teacher. She is an instructor in life's lessons with ethics, morals and is a true guaridan of the children entrusted to her care and tutalage . It will be very difficult to hate them with the zeal I once had. (Only kidding Riverdale Man)

My daughter just finished her freshman year in college. She plays at the next level for a Division !! school in Alabama. She has kept in touch with Hillary and respects and loves her. Best wishes for continuing success, although you don't need it!

My daughter played for Hillary Maxwell at Siegel for 3 years. She ( Hillary) was a task master that made my daughter cry at times, question her love of the game and work harder day after day to prove that she had the right stuff. My daughter learned much more from Coach Maxwell than x's & o's, she learned about responsibility, accountability and community. In my opinion, Riverdale (The Darth Vader of High Schools) has made the best hire in history, as Hillary is first & foremost a teacher. She is an instructor in life's lessons with ethics, morals and is a true guaridan of the children entrusted to her care and tutalage . It will be very difficult to hate them with the zeal I once had. (Only kidding Riverdale Man)

My daughter just finished her freshman year in college. She plays at the next level for a Division !! school in Alabama. She has kept in touch with Hillary and respects and loves her. Best wishes for continuing success, although you don't need it!

what a great post i got a little fired up right there lol

sounds like she does a lot of things like coach Burt in the aspect of she uses basketball and the things around it and show the girsl how it applies to life...sounds also like she is very strict and demanding of the girls and it also sounds like she loves them and if you can do all that you will a VERY successful coach because a kid will run througha brick wall for you if they know you love them and it sounds like she has that compasion too...AS FAR AS HATING US WITH ZEAL DO NOT FIGHT THE URGE ANYMORE THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR ANOTHER RIVERDALE WARRIOR FAN we will take whatever support we can get

GO LADY WARRIORS

I was wondering if you could answer these 2 questions for me

1. Has Krystal been approached by RIVERDALE to come and be an assistant coach with us

2. If she has is she intrested in coming to the high school level

Sorry, it took me so long to get back to you. I don't check the forum every day. The answer to your question is "yes" she was contacted by Tom Nolan according to what she is telling other sources. The answer to the second question is "I'm not really sure". I guess she is since she considered coaching at Riverdale but she continues to make it very clear that she doesn't want to teach at the high school level so I'm not really sure. However, she just told the Blackman girls coach and the administration last week that she wants to continue to coach at Blackman Middle School from what I have been told. Hope that helps.

I guess that I still do not understand why people at Blackman Middle would be so unhappy with the coach. The only way I believe that the administration could be that upset with her wanting to help her alma matter would be if EVERY teacher in the entire school were super fans that attended each and every sporting event, which we all know is not realistic. I understand about the inner city rivalry, but if she is willing to teach there and is happy, why not encourage her to better herself and coaching abilities, which may end up bettering Blackman Middle girls basketball or even the high school later in her career. I wish all the coaches good luck with new positions and hope that all school systems manage to be happy and not put any stress on teachers that is not needed.

I am being told by sources that the frustration was due to the fact that she was hired under the pre-tenses to take over the middle school program when the current coach steps down. I don't think it has anything to do with them not encouraging her to better her career if that is what she wants to do. I am sure they don't mind her coaching at

Riverdale if that is what she wants to do but if she chose to do that and stay on as a teacher at Blackman then that could have possibly put the administration in a situation where they could not been able to hire an assistant coach to take her place because of no teaching positions being available (thats only if no other teacher left at the end of the school year - highly unlikely). I see this situation in a different light than just what has been allowed in the past but I am just giving you some insight to the situation from what I am being told (which may be right but could be wrong). I agree totally with your last statement.

Sorry, it took me so long to get back to you. I don't check the forum every day. The answer to your question is "yes" she was contacted by Tom Nolan according to what she is telling other sources. The answer to the second question is "I'm not really sure". I guess she is since she considered coaching at Riverdale but she continues to make it very clear that she doesn't want to teach at the high school level so I'm not really sure. However, she just told the Blackman girls coach and the administration last week that she wants to continue to coach at Blackman Middle School from what I have been told. Hope that helps.

thanks i did not know if she had been contacted by the new staff and i did not know about her intrest in coaching at RIVERDALE i guess her intrest was torn on one hand youve got you alma mater which you love calling you on the other hand you just got this new job and you dont want to rock any boats and by judging on some of the things you have said it sounds like her coaching over at RIVERDALE may have rocked a few boats and if she has told the administration she is going to stay then that is what she will do I LOVE KRYSTAL SHE IS A GREAT girl and i hope this stress and pressure is off of here now

GOOD LUCK GIRL

GO WARRIORS

Wow - Coach Maxwell must be important to bring StarPres out of retirement. 2 Siegel Dads now singing the praises of new Riverdale Coach. What is the world coming to?

What can we expect from the Riverdale Girls' squad next season?

well coach Burt did not leave the cupboard bare in fact almost everyone coming back got good playing time this past season if they didnt start they was off the bench and got some quality minutes we was a very young team last year and still won 20 games...we lost a great defender in burgess and a good shooter in swoape (seems like there was one more if there was her name escapes me)...we still have clark who is a good defender and an all around hustle player and will do anything she is asked we have natalie lanning who is a solid point guard that can shoot candace spurlock who is a tough hard nose player and peyton dickinson who is a hard worker along with rachel orman(sorry if i speeled your name wrong)also we have a sophmore ashley henry she may actually play the point and nat go to shooting guard and there is another sophmore to be that i heard was pretty good and my understanding is that our freshman calss is going to be pretty good again so there is some talent at RIVERDALE for them to continue on their winning ways and from what i hear about coach maxwell i would be surprised if we didnt continue winning

i am looking forward to basketball to see these girls play

GO LADY WARRIORS