DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

Then could you schedule a group counseling session with Hub, Stoney and Waco? They are angry little fellows.

No no little one, I'm not angry at all. I like winning. I don't have to wait 15 years to hope the right group of boys come through to give me something to cheer about. I don't have to speculate that somehow a team that beat me 44-0 would somehow fall to my all white county team. I don't have to pretend that I've ascended to unknown heights because we knock around Morristown East, Greeneville, and Tennessee High. Rather, I have enjoyed semi-final trips to watch my Indians play the likes of Murfreesboro Oakland, Riverdale, and Chattanooga Red Bank with a UT tailback. I've enjoyed watching the Indians end a 34 game winning streak for MBA and epic contests against Oak Ridge. Then I spend the remainder of the academic year watching our basketball team go to the State Tournament, or watching our baseball team advance to the final 8 multiple times in the past few years.

Insecurity is an ugly, ugly thing.....don't you think? Heh heh heh!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no little one, I'm not angry at all. I like winning. I don't have to wait 15 years to hope the right group of boys come through to give me something to cheer about. I don't have to speculate that somehow a team that beat me 44-0 would somehow fall to my all white county team. I don't have to pretend that I've ascended to unknown heights because we knock around Morristown East, Greeneville, and Tennessee High. Rather, I have enjoyed semi-final trips to watch my Indians play the likes of Murfreesboro Oakland, Riverdale, and Chattanooga Red Bank with a UT tailback. I've enjoyed watching the Indians end a 34 game winning streak for MBA and epic contests against Oak Ridge. Then I spend the remainder of the academic year watching our basketball team go to the State Tournament, or watching our baseball team advance to the final 8 multiple times in the past few years.

they did gain a total 37 yards against D.B. in 2006. oh i forgot their center got hurt it cost them the ball game I"M very very happy .when you county boys come to fun fest make sure you clean the cow!!!!!!!! of your shoes . before you walk on our 1.9 million dollar playing field

Waco, why don't you go play with your boyfriends in JC for a while...you could bring your VooDoo doll and they could bring their gerbilles and you could share.

Now there's a angry person /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I still wanna fire him so how is that fair weather? It's been all bad weather! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

another angry person /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hey "south boys", Lowes has their green indoor/outdoor carpet on sale this week. Would look better than that dead grass on your field. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

they would try to burn leaves on it

I don't have to speculate that somehow a team that beat me 44-0 would somehow fall to my all white county team. C'mon now...South has always had players of color. Maybe not the color you are alluding to but currently we have that color also. I guess American Indians, Latin people, and yes Asian people are not the color you speak of. Fact is, some of our more celebrated athletes have been "non-white" people. We welcome people of all nationalities at South. We don't have issues with that as you imply. And it's not waiting 15 years for the right group of "boys" as you say...it has been many years waiting for the right coach. Let us give you our previous coach and see how your program does after about 6-7 years. My friend...make no mistake you have a wonderful tradition with accolades abounding. Most of the state is in awe. But look no further than Science Hill to see what happens when your football coach is substandard. How does SHHS do in other sports? Do not sit on your throne on high and assume that you are holier than thou and that you have superp genetic research producing the uppercrust of the best Top Shelf athletes in the state. We have much respect for you and your program but we abhor your snobbish manner. It serves to create the attitude we display toward you which you so elequently call redneck. We are rather loud here on CoachT but it is all in jest. There are many of your faithful we have immense respect for so please don't make this discussion something it need not be.

I don't have to speculate that somehow a team that beat me 44-0 would somehow fall to my all white county team. C'mon now...South has always had players of color. Maybe not the color you are alluding to but currently we have that color also. I guess American Indians, Latin people, and yes Asian people are not the color you speak of. Fact is, some of our more celebrated athletes have been "non-white" people. We welcome people of all nationalities at South. We don't have issues with that as you imply. And it's not waiting 15 years for the right group of "boys" as you say...it has been many years waiting for the right coach. Let us give you our previous coach and see how your program does after about 6-7 years. My friend...make no mistake you have a wonderful tradition with accolades abounding. Most of the state is in awe. But look no further than Science Hill to see what happens when your football coach is substandard. How does SHHS do in other sports? Do not sit on your throne on high and assume that you are holier than thou and that you have superp genetic research producing the uppercrust of the best Top Shelf athletes in the state. We have much respect for you and your program but we abhor your snobbish manner. It serves to create the attitude we display toward you which you so elequently call redneck. We are rather loud here on CoachT but it is all in jest. There are many of your faithful we have immense respect for so please don't make this discussion something it need not be.

i thank he was talking about the color of yellow ,south has plenty of that

Fine post but it would be better served if aimed at your Rebel constituency. Incessant broadside attacks will be eventually responded to.

Racism is an ugly thing too you know?

Everyone likes winning Stoney, but tell me, which would you rather have...........the title of all time wins in the state, 1 billion straight wins vs. us, ALL those semi-final trips you referred too, the EPIC win vs. MBA, your bball team going to the state, and the final 8 trips of your baseball team, all of the above OR one, just ONE state football title that was actually played on a field?? I know I'd want the state title played on a field, but I have a feeling you won't admit that. Most D-B fans wouldn't admit it. We all have our thorns in our sides. Ours is we haven't beaten you since Lincoln was in office. Yours is being the Atlanta Braves of the TSSAA. I admit our short comings but what is funny (and why I have so much fun on here) is most, not all, D-B fans are too arrogant too admit theirs. If you haven't noticed, I enjoy poking fun at you guys. You guys enjoy poking fun at me as made obvious by Waco's 2,944 posts of 44-0. Don't get mad and start playing the race card and things of that nature. If you can't stand the heat, don't post. Because if you haven't noticed, you'll get a response that will make you even madder. Now, can someone PLEASE tell me what the score of the '06 D-B/South game was? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Racism is an ugly thing too you know?

Everyone likes winning Stoney, but tell me, which would you rather have...........the title of all time wins in the state, 1 billion straight wins vs. us, ALL those semi-final trips you referred too, the EPIC win vs. MBA, your bball team going to the state, and the final 8 trips of your baseball team, all of the above OR one, just ONE state football title that was actually played on a field?? I know I'd want the state title played on a field, but I have a feeling you won't admit that. Most D-B fans wouldn't admit it. We all have our thorns in our sides. Ours is we haven't beaten you since Lincoln was in office. Yours is being the Atlanta Braves of the TSSAA. I admit our short comings but what is funny (and why I have so much fun on here) is most, not all, D-B fans are too arrogant too admit theirs. If you haven't noticed, I enjoy poking fun at you guys. You guys enjoy poking fun at me as made obvious by Waco's 2,944 posts of 44-0. Don't get mad and start playing the race card and things of that nature. If you can't stand the heat, don't post. Because if you haven't noticed, you'll get a response that will make you even madder. Now, can someone PLEASE tell me what the score of the '06 D-B/South game was? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

It actually bothers everybody else alot more than it does the DB fans. There are alot of teams with winning records year after year that has hopes of winning a state title. Every year their fans hope and think that just maybe this may be their year. Alot of south fans started out 2007 thinking that just maybe it was their year, only to come up short. No different than DB as far as making it to the title game. Those state titles DB was awarded during the non playoff years were legit. If you reserch it there is little dought they were the true state champions. And really it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. Its in the record books just like the playoff champions and theres nothing you can do to change that.

As for as any DB fans trading anything for one state title in football.........I don't think so. Here are some examples: Sevier Co. (1 state title) Jefferson Co. (1 state title) So DB fans, would you trade everything you have accomplished to be like Sevier Co. or Jefferson Co. and have 1 state title.