Lebanon

Paige

Franklin

Centennial

Ravenwood

Father Ryan

Forrest

I think there were a few more but thats all I have off the top of my head

Crazy thing about all these opening is all Williamson County girls head coachs will be different except for Brentwood.

What do coaches not like about WCS? How does pay and structure compare to bordering counties like Davidson and Rutherford?

Crazy thing about all these opening is all Williamson County girls head coachs will be different except for Brentwood.

What do coaches not like about WCS? How does pay and structure compare to bordering counties like Davidson and Rutherford?

Great question. Does it have something to do with tenure? Surely their pay would be comparable if not better. Inquiring minds want to know!

Great question. Does it have something to do with tenure? Surely their pay would be comparable if not better. Inquiring minds want to know!

Several different things in Williamson County right now:

Centennial - change in professional demands required that coach step down from head coaching position

Indy - coach had an offer she couldn't refuse.

Page - no idea on this one

Ravenwood - lack of administration backing of head coac with parents/staff

Franklin -same as Ravenwood

Bottom line, it's not pay or tenure.... although admin has been known to use tenure as an "excuse" to let a coach go. If I were WCS, I'd be looking at the principals in the schools with the especially high coaching turnover rates (Indy and Ravenwood both need to be studied). Ravenwood's principal has used the "I want a full time teacher who is IN THE BUILDING from the start to finish of the school day" excuse on several of the last coaches she axed (Boucher - physical therapist outside of school, Vaughn - was a teacher but at the elementary school that backs up to Ravenwood, West - works at the Y and in the music business). Apparently, whether you agree or not, Ravenwood seems to be going to be sticklers about the whole "head coach in the bulding all day long" thing. They have had over 35 head coaching changes and over 45 assisant coaching changes during the last six years. Those statistics make me think there needs to be some questions asked of someone.

I had awesome coaches in two sports when I was in high school. I still think highly of both of these men and can say that they had a positive impact on my life. When will WCS administration realize that these kids get attached to their coaches and it is very traumatic when they make a change because a parent complains or becuase an assistant coach said practices weren't "tough enough".

Several different things in Williamson County right now:

Centennial - change in professional demands required that coach step down from head coaching position

Indy - coach had an offer she couldn't refuse.

Page - no idea on this one

Ravenwood - lack of administration backing of head coac with parents/staff

Franklin -same as Ravenwood

Bottom line, it's not pay or tenure.... although admin has been known to use tenure as an "excuse" to let a coach go. If I were WCS, I'd be looking at the principals in the schools with the especially high coaching turnover rates (Indy and Ravenwood both need to be studied). Ravenwood's principal has used the "I want a full time teacher who is IN THE BUILDING from the start to finish of the school day" excuse on several of the last coaches she axed (Boucher - physical therapist outside of school, Vaughn - was a teacher but at the elementary school that backs up to Ravenwood, West - works at the Y and in the music business). Apparently, whether you agree or not, Ravenwood seems to be going to be sticklers about the whole "head coach in the bulding all day long" thing. They have had over 35 head coaching changes and over 45 assisant coaching changes during the last six years. Those statistics make me think there needs to be some questions asked of someone.

I had awesome coaches in two sports when I was in high school. I still think highly of both of these men and can say that they had a positive impact on my life. When will WCS administration realize that these kids get attached to their coaches and it is very traumatic when they make a change because a parent complains or becuase an assistant coach said practices weren't "tough enough".

I agree..it is time for WCS to step up and figure out what the problem is. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />