Girl's openings

icecold06

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Icecold I agree, it sure seems that there are alot more open on the women's side this year. I know Richland high school in Giles county is looking in addition to ones you mentioned. Alot of these jobs have some crossover candidates as well. I have a friend who teaches at Franklin and he said as he was leaving he thought he saw our boys basketball coach coming into the building. His family has come to some games with our family and he said he thought he recognized him. I haven't seen Coach Pope to ask him but I doubt he would tell me. Anyway seems like women's basketball will have an interesting off-season.

Positions that have been available at some point since the girls season ended:

Riverdale

Lebanon

Paige

Franklin

Centennial

Ravenwood

Father Ryan

Forrest

I think there were a few more but thats all I have off the top of my head

From Middle Tennessee, you can add Gallatin and Perry County to that list as well according to the TSSAA Website.

Am I the only one who finds it strange the amount of girl's head coaching positions coming up in the last month or so? it seems as if there is a new opening everyday what is the deal? and the all seem to be here in the middle tn. area.

From NE TN you can add Volunteer.

Losing a good coach and have a great team coming back!!

Positions that have been available at some point since the girls season ended:

Riverdale

Lebanon

Paige

Franklin

Centennial

Ravenwood

Father Ryan

Forrest

I think there were a few more but thats all I have off the top of my head

The most interesting thing is that most of these teams are winning teams and programs. Coaches are moving up and around. Turnover seems to be in the same teams each year but they are winners. Must be something else.

Would someone shed some light on that situation at Scott Co.? I've heard lots of different things, but nothing that seems solid. I heard the principal didn't even know Marcum was getting the boot until it actually occurred. Names for the vacancy thus far have been mostly local, but we'll see! Better have the new coach in by this summer or next year won't be pretty! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />