Forrest Rockets District 9A Tournament

mcsportswriter

The Forrest Rockets, rained out last night, came back this morning and got a convincing five inning 13-3 win over F.C. Boyd in the District 9A opening round. Coy Shultz threw a solid complete game, giving up 3 runs on four hits, while striking out six. Micah Phifer did some heavy damage at the plate, going 2-3 with three RBI's, Seth Brothers was 2-2, got hit by a pitch, and drove in two. Dane Leonard came off the bench in the bottom of the fourth for a two run pinch hit single. Kris Alabarran drove home Jacob Davis with the game winner with no outs in the bottom of the fifth. Cascade is in action vs. Eagleville, while Forrest comes back this afternoon at 4:00pm to take on MTCS.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest loses to MTCS

MTCS vs Forrest was a great game (7-5). I was there all day yesterday and I can honestly say that the umps are probably worse this year then they were last year at district tournament. It was about as bad as you'll ever see especially in this game. It's amazing to me that the TSSAA doesnt look into this and maybe for once get some quality umpire crews in the tournaments. I tried keeping count yesterday after the 3rd inning and not even counting balls and strikes and I can think of 4 blown calls that went against Forrest and 2 that went against MTCS. I don't even want to get started about the umpire behind the plate. Inconsistent & just TERRIBLE. (For both teams!)

sportsfan.About the umps.Call Nashville and tell them that you want to join an assocation and start calling.You will find it is not as easy as everyone thinks from the other side watching!!!!No matter what you call,someones MOM or DAD is going to be pi$$ed.So for all the bleacher umps come out and join us anytime.You WILL find it is not that easy.

sportsfan.About the umps.Call Nashville and tell them that you want to join a assocation and start calling.You will find it is not as easy as everyone thinks from the other side watching!!!!No matter what you call someones MOM or DAD is going to pi$$ed.So for all the bleacher umps come out and join us anytime.You WILL find it is not that easy. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Any grammar qualifications when you apply? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

sportsfan.About the umps.Call Nashville and tell them that you want to join an assocation and start calling.You will find it is not as easy as everyone thinks from the other side watching!!!!No matter what you call,someones MOM or DAD is going to be pi$$ed.So for all the bleacher umps come out and join us anytime.You WILL find it is not that easy.

Listen...nobody hates people complain about horrible umpires more than me I promise, but i have noticed over the course of the season single A does get the shaft alot of times in umpires...anybody disagree?

Listen...nobody hates people complain about horrible umpires more than me I promise, but i have noticed over the course of the season single A does get the shaft alot of times in umpires...anybody disagree?

Nope. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Nope. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I am sure that umpiring is one of the toughest jobs there is. I was on hand last year for the tourn at MTCS and witnessed some of the most unsportsmanlike happenings you can imagine. The fans from Forrest and Cascade were almost at riot stage. What is humorous about it all, is that the umps were CORRECT about both calls that were made. The coaches didnt even realize the rules, but they were out there screaming and ranting because they thought they were getting screwed...If they (fans and coaches) could have seen or heard themselves, I am positive they would have been totally embarrassed. Really, a couple of people should have ejected but the umps didnt for some reason. They got together and made sure the call were correct and worked the rest of the game. The umps really do not care who wins, honestly. Sure, sometimes the calls dont go your way and sometimes the players dont perform they way they need to to win, but acting like idiots in the dugout or in the stands doesn't make things any better at all. The fans screamed at , threw things at the fence, and threatened the umps, telling them to watch for them in the parking lot and they would "settle the problem" among other crude and insane remarks. I found it hard to belive these things were actually happening, but they did last year. I was told by a very good source that it was much the same this year also. What is up with this crap? And this year it involved a "Christian school" and Forrest??? Is that a good example of behavior to show the young people on the field? Hope not. Lets hope and pray their kids DO NOT grow up to act like their parents. Just plain STUPID. Totally classless! I understand the emotions of tourn play but most of the crazy stuff is uncalled for. I always thought the things you see on the news about fans attacking the officials at youth and school athletic events was something that just doesnt happen around here, but after seeing the way these people acted last year and this year, who knows? Unbelievable that people who expect to be treated nice by everyone else would act like this. Sure, heckles at the umpires are what is concieved to be a part of the game for some reason, but this type of behavior is lidicrous. Some of the coaches dont act much better either. This type of behavior is a poor representation of their schools and community. Maybe if the umps would just call the police and have the obnoxious fans removed, and maybe even charged with making threats, things might be better. Like an earlier poster remarked, there are plenty of ump jobs available if any of the so called bleacher umps want to make the big bucks and take abuse for a few hours a week. Heck that would be perfect, dont you think? Umpiring is a job where you are expected to be PERFECT the first time out and then get better from then on...I bet your jobs are nowhere close to that, are they? Just a few thoughts for your consideration. Just go out and enjoy the games and let the kids have FUN!!!! PLEASE