Clay County Basketball

CCHS

Its amazing how at the end of the year the gap closes between the first place team and the rest of the district. It will be huge this year to get the 1 or 2 seed in the district tourney as both get automatics to the region and for the first time in a long time there isn't much difference between #2 and #6 this year. I watched Monterey in camp this summer and they looked better than i have ever seen them. RBS will be much improved after playing with mostly freshman a year ago. Both JC and PC lost alot of great players and are in the rebuilding mode but both have alot of talent albeit young talent, but it won't take either of these two teams very long to rebuild. Clarkrange has a legit shot at the district title this year and should challenge Clay for that spot. Having said all that, and assuming Clay Co. is injury free this year, its still theirs to lose. Clay not only has some very good seniors but they have alot of depth as well. They've got a junior post player thats going to give people alot of problems this year. Outside of Robinson from JC i think he's the best post player in the district. If it was up to me we'd start playing tomorrow! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I see where JC and PC will have a "clash of the titans" football game here in a couple of weeks! As T.O. would say "getcha popcorn ready" it should be a barn burner! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yeah, "clash of the titans" man you are funny fanatic. I think PC has more players on its basketball team than it does on its football team.....haha......no really, I'm serious. Right now Clay co is here and................................................everyone else is right here. By season's end I think JC, PC, RBS, Monterey and Clarkrange will close that gap to.............here. JC and PC are young and are like fine wines, they'll only get better with the more games these young guys play. PC lost something like 4500 points with the four seniors they lost, I'm sure JC was similar. Upchurch could single handedly beat every team in the district in one game, he is that good of an individual player. Monterey and RBS have been young and are older now, and are ready to take their shot at the district title. I mean didn't RBS beat Clay Co last year? I'm not sure if that was them or not. That could certainly happen again this year. 7a this year, is really gonna be fun. I've got my popcorn and front row seat ready to go.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year was last year but the bulldogs are bigger ,. stronger and more experienced than last year plus have some added help, it will be them way out in front with everyone else playing for 2nd, 3rd and 4th with no big favorite in those teams but Clay co. should not lose in dictrict and maybe not in region.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson Co is the only team to go undefeated since '03. Its really hard to do, because by in large the top 2 or 3 teams in district are fairly close. Last years PC team was better than this Clay Co. team, and even they couldn't go undefeated. This team isn't bigger, stronger....they are more experienced. If anything they have lost something. I think Clay Co fans don't realize how much they are gonna miss Birdwell. Much the same way people that PC thought they wouldn't miss Brett Roddy, but they did. Now, its very well possible that Clay Co. goes undefeated, but they could easily lose a game somewhere during the season. I mean did you expect them to lose to RBS or Westmoreland last year? I doubt it, but it happened. RBS could easily sneak up on this team again, Clarkrange could easily take a game, PC towards the end of the year could, and JC definately has a chance as well, not to mention this may be the best team Monterey has had since '01-02. I think its Clay Co's district to win or lose, but I think some where, some how they will lose one game to one of their districts rivals.

• 4 weeks later...