Clay County Basketball

CCHS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still early they've only been practicing a week. Besides where did you see them play and who where they playing? No one ever said they were going to win state. I do think they will compete with the best though.

I saw them play Cascade at Wilson central's team camp. Im not expecting anybody to look like world beaters but at the same time they did not look like a team that could compete for a state championship. when someone says a team is the team to beat that to me means they are one of the legitimate contenders for the state championship. I would think Manassas, Temple, and Grace Academy are the teams to beat right now

I saw them play Cascade at Wilson central's team camp. Im not expecting anybody to look like world beaters but at the same time they did not look like a team that could compete for a state championship. when someone says a team is the team to beat that to me means they are one of the legitimate contenders for the state championship. I would think Manassas, Temple, and Grace Academy are the teams to beat right now

Hmmm one team from Memphis and the other two are private schools.... yeah that sounds about right! lol I would think that Manassas and Temple would be the odds on favorites to compete for the state next year after playing one of them in the first round of the state championship and watching the other one. Temple has the best "player" in Class A in Jeremy Sexton. The kid for Manassas is good but not in the class of Sexton just yet. All three of these teams will "reload" this year with new "incoming" talent. However only one from Chattanooga will make it to the state tourney the other participant should come from District 7A and Clay Co. could very well be that team, atleast they will be the odds on favorite to be that team but as we all know ANYTHING can happen come tourney time so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hmmm one team from Memphis and the other two are private schools.... yeah that sounds about right! lol I would think that Manassas and Temple would be the odds on favorites to compete for the state next year after playing one of them in the first round of the state championship and watching the other one. Temple has the best "player" in Class A in Jeremy Sexton. The kid for Manassas is good but not in the class of Sexton just yet. All three of these teams will "reload" this year with new "incoming" talent. However only one from Chattanooga will make it to the state tourney the other participant should come from District 7A and Clay Co. could very well be that team, atleast they will be the odds on favorite to be that team but as we all know ANYTHING can happen come tourney time so i guess we'll have to wait and see.

do you think sexton is better than Buckner? Im not agreeing or disagreeing just wondering. this could be a hot topic in itself here on coacht. I did leave the state tournament last year thinking that sexton was the best player in single a(including mj brown), but from what I have been hearing Buckner is really turning heads across the country.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all Shaun Garret is 5'10, but he can jump like no one elses business. If you're sitting here telling me that it's only when we have seniors we win and you lose, it's the exact same way with you guys. You said the better coach wins with the younger team then we'll see what Bibbs does with it this year. If he is in fact the better coach than he should atleast beat them once. I mean you guys lost this year with two 1'000 point scorers what does that say about coaching. Edwards is a fine coach he works as hard as the other two any day of the week. I apoligize I wasn't thinking of all the hours golf takes up compared to football. I'm not making any excuses for anything, you won last year. We'll see what happens the next few years.

I'm setting here saying that in 06 people looked at all PC lost and said they were gonna be down. PC went to substate that year with sophomores and one junior, went to substate the next year with juniors and one senior....Last year they under achieved badly. So that proves what I said about winning with a younger team. I'm not saying this year we are gonna win anything, no guarantees, i'm just simply saying they will be good by years end. and PC had three 1,000 point scorers. Golf takes just as much time for practicing as football does, and there are boys who play football and basketball. Don't deminish golf, just because you don't understand or play the game. I'm sure your one of those people who doesn't understand what it takes to play. Do you understand that PC has been in the district championship since '91? I'm not making excuses or bragging, but don't just think that PC is gonna fall off the face of the earth.

I'm still not understanding how these stats prove what you previously said about Coach Edwards not being as good as Coach Bibbs. I mean why are you on here saying Coach Bibbs can take a young group of kids and make them good, but can't take three 1,000 point scorers mixed in with some YOUNGER kids, which you say he is so good with, and take them to State? Why did you bring up the fact that Pickett County has been in the District Championship since 91? All that tells me is that they were good before Bibbs and they'll be good after. Has nothing to do with who the better Coach is. What exactly did I say about golf that got you're cage so rattled? I apoligized that golf slipped my mind and it really did. You're right though I have no clue about golf whatsoever it's always kinda bored me no offense I've always been a football basketball guy myself, and one more thing I never said anything bad or negative about Pickett basketball I've said plenty of times on this same board that you guys have a great b-ball progam which has earned much respect over the years. So try not to get to offensive this time on here.

I'm still not understanding how these stats prove what you previously said about Coach Edwards not being as good as Coach Bibbs. I mean why are you on here saying Coach Bibbs can take a young group of kids and make them good, but can't take three 1,000 point scorers mixed in with some YOUNGER kids, which you say he is so good with, and take them to State? Why did you bring up the fact that Pickett County has been in the District Championship since 91? All that tells me is that they were good before Bibbs and they'll be good after. Has nothing to do with who the better Coach is. What exactly did I say about golf that got you're cage so rattled? I apoligized that golf slipped my mind and it really did. You're right though I have no clue about golf whatsoever it's always kinda bored me no offense I've always been a football basketball guy myself, and one more thing I never said anything bad or negative about Pickett basketball I've said plenty of times on this same board that you guys have a great b-ball progam which has earned much respect over the years. So try not to get to offensive this time on here.

One its not Bibbs, its Coach Bibb. Yeah, his supporting cast wasn't as good as it has been in the past, and anyone can lose a game at anytime, and thats what happened. JC outplayed PC for one game last year, can happen to the greatest of teams. Tract record over the last four years has proven in favor of Bibb.....not that I'm saying that Edwards is crap, he is a good coach, and like I said numberous times, he outcoached Bibb in that win @ Clay last year. Yeah PC has a great basketball program, no doubt about that....I use the district championship games since '91 to show that even in down years PC is still very good, so don't underestimate them, simply all I am saying. Still Clay should be expected to be favorites.

One its not Bibbs, its Coach Bibb. Yeah, his supporting cast wasn't as good as it has been in the past, and anyone can lose a game at anytime, and thats what happened. JC outplayed PC for one game last year, can happen to the greatest of teams. Tract record over the last four years has proven in favor of Bibb.....not that I'm saying that Edwards is crap, he is a good coach, and like I said numberous times, he outcoached Bibb in that win @ Clay last year. Yeah PC has a great basketball program, no doubt about that....I use the district championship games since '91 to show that even in down years PC is still very good, so don't underestimate them, simply all I am saying. Still Clay should be expected to be favorites.

Just make sure that whoever comes to Chattanooga will be playing either Grace or Temple and it might not be pretty for 7A, that may be true when Grace or Temple comes to your house!!! Grace is loaded with at least 2 D-1 players and Temple has at least 2 as well! Good Luck 7A, but I think district 5A will get 2 in the state!

Just make sure that whoever comes to Chattanooga will be playing either Grace or Temple and it might not be pretty for 7A, that may be true when Grace or Temple comes to your house!!! Grace is loaded with at least 2 D-1 players and Temple has at least 2 as well! Good Luck 7A, but I think district 5A will get 2 in the state!

Grace lost McMasters so that will surely hurt them, atleast a little. Temple will be good, for sure, Sexton is the real deal, best player in the state imo. They will be one of the top teams in the state. But still, whoever comes up to 7A will have a big time task on their hands to win. Its not just that easy. CSAS a couple of years ago was an exception, not the rule. Look at last year, CSAS was definately the better team up here against Jackson Co. but still lost. Whether its Clay Co., Jackson Co. or Pickett Co. Chatt teams will have a tough time coming up here. Not saying its impossible, buts its almost impossible.

Yomomma, haven't heard a word out of you since the substate game last year where have you been? All i heard from the people in Chattanooga was how bad it was going to be for Jackson County when CSAS got to town. How did you come out? I heard how bad Temple was going to blow out Westmoreland and if i remember correctly Westmoreland had the lead in that game as much as Temple did and only lost by 8 points. So lets not get on here running your mouth again about how the Chattanooga teams are so much better because they're not. The teams that travel will both lose. Say what you want but you won't travel to Clay Co. or Jackson County and win period. What happened two years ago at Pickett was a fluke you won't win up there again either. Just like we won't be able to come down there and win its almost impossible to win on the road in the substate unless ofcourse we are talking about the girls in which case its blow out city for either Jackson County or Clarkrange. It will be again this year as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Grace lost McMasters so that will surely hurt them, atleast a little. Temple will be good, for sure, Sexton is the real deal, best player in the state imo. They will be one of the top teams in the state. But still, whoever comes up to 7A will have a big time task on their hands to win. Its not just that easy. CSAS a couple of years ago was an exception, not the rule. Look at last year, CSAS was definately the better team up here against Jackson Co. but still lost. Whether its Clay Co., Jackson Co. or Pickett Co. Chatt teams will have a tough time coming up here. Not saying its impossible, buts its almost impossible.

CSAS lost at Jackson Co. because JC played a perfect game and CSAS played without their leading scorer Terrell Townsend who was injured and averaged 20+ a game. Grace should have beat CSAS on talent the last two years but didn't, so go ahead and talk about next year without the Patriots and you might get surprised (again)!