Alcoa 2008

patty504

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a good senior leader at QB in Chase James, a stable of runningbacks lead by junior speedster Jaron Toney, we will have two D-1 prospects catching the ball in senior WR Sam Thompson, and junior 6-4, 250 lb. TE Tyler Robinson. The O-line returns three starters from last year's team lead by veteran Jeff Hickman. On the defensive side of the ball the line will be led by Robinson at end and Hickman at one of the tackles, the LB corp will be deep, led by seniors Connor Miles and David Williams. The DB's are somewhat unproven, but returning at the safeties will be Thompson and James, and they will help assure we have a solid defensive backfield. Thompson will return to handling punting duties, where he ranks as one of the best in East Tennessee, and junior Derrick Brodus will return as one of the best kickers on this side of the state.

I truly think that we may be fielding a more-experienced team than last year, but they may not be as talented as some of our past teams. Bottom line: I believe they have what it takes to get that fifth straight gold ball come early December

They have a good senior leader at QB in Chase James, a stable of runningbacks lead by junior speedster Jaron Toney, we will have two D-1 prospects catching the ball in senior WR Sam Thompson, and junior 6-4, 250 lb. TE Tyler Robinson. The O-line returns three starters from last year's team lead by veteran Jeff Hickman. On the defensive side of the ball the line will be led by Robinson at end and Hickman at one of the tackles, the LB corp will be deep, led by seniors Connor Miles and David Williams. The DB's are somewhat unproven, but returning at the safeties will be Thompson and James, and they will help assure we have a solid defensive backfield. Thompson will return to handling punting duties, where he ranks as one of the best in East Tennessee, and junior Derrick Brodus will return as one of the best kickers on this side of the state.

I truly think that we may be fielding a more-experienced team than last year, but they may not be as talented as some of our past teams. Bottom line: I believe they have what it takes to get that fifth straight gold ball come early December

Looks like the Tornado's will cover all of the East if not the entire State this year. I fully expect to see them in the title game this year.

I was looking at the 2007 PrepXtra Magazine by the News Sentinel and Tyler Robinson is listed at 6-1 and 200 pounds. Has he grown 3 inches and gained 50 pounds? WOW!! This kid is going to be a COMPLETE beast!

I was looking at the 2007 PrepXtra Magazine by the News Sentinel and Tyler Robinson is listed at 6-1 and 200 pounds. Has he grown 3 inches and gained 50 pounds? WOW!! This kid is going to be a COMPLETE beast!

No he has not grown at a exorbitant rate that listing you saw was simply wrong He has be been a legitimate 6'4" since the eighth grade and he was approximately 250 lbs last year. But you are correct as long as he continues to develope strength and speed he will be the next elite DE to come out of Alcoa.

No he has not grown at a exorbitant rate that listing you saw was simply wrong He has be been a legitimate 6'4" since the eighth grade and he was approximately 250 lbs last year. But you are correct as long as he continues to develope strength and speed he will be the next elite DE to come out of Alcoa.

His father was a heck of a player at WB. I played against him from Midgets, Middle School all the way through high school.