TSSAA FOOTBALL CLASSIFICATIONS

Verb58

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have one question. With all this realigning stuff does R'dale have a chance of actually getting to play Maryville?

Maryville's going to be sitting right on the cutoff between 5A and 6A the way I look at it.

Personally, I hope they are in 6A (great games and I don't want to hear the crying), but I would not be 100% shocked if they were in 5A.

Yes they are this is just plain dumb... it will be Coffee County, Warren County, Cookeville, White County and Cumberland County in district six.

I would be SHOCKED if Cumberland Co. was in this district. Their enrollment last year was 1160 students not the 1900+ on the tssaa website. the schools split and stone memorial took half their students. there is no way they would still be in 5A if that happened is there

I feel your pain. The same thing happened to us at OHS when Siegel opened 3 miles away and had a larger enrollment than we did. We played at the 5A level with only 1369 enrolled there. Siegel had 1800!! Us and Brentwood were the 2 smallest 5A teams in the state. Ravenwood took all their kids in the same sort of situation. We had 33 players on that team that yr! Yet the TSSAA site had us listed as having over 2000 students!! Someone isn't doing their job if you ask me!

maryville had 1500 +/- students in there January enrollment count. That spells 6A

I was just going by the last numbers on TSSAA website.

Good. I hope they are in 6A. I just wish there was a way to bring the old Super 7 teams back into 6A as well so we could settle the debate yearly once and for all.

LOD - hope I get to see you annually on the first weekend in December.

This may be a train wreck??

i AGREE when you have a playoff system that is set up as you might go to the play offs if this happens instead of if you do this u go now we have to wait til the powers that be (which is who by the way does the 9 voters get together and decide who makes the wildcard)in the past you have had a level playing feild and you never heard of a complaint as to why we didnt make the playoffs in MY OPINION we will now be college football and some teams will get left out for who know what reason

This may be a train wreck??

i AGREE when you have a playoff system that is set up as you might go to the play offs if this happens instead of if you do this u go now we have to wait til the powers that be (which is who by the way does the 9 voters get together and decide who makes the wildcard)in the past you have had a level playing feild and you never heard of a complaint as to why we didnt make the playoffs in MY OPINION we will now be college football and some teams will get left out for who know what reason

Personally I would love to see what the results would have been if EVERY school involved would have voted on it. I am willing to bet we would have stayed the way it was.

I can understand the TSSAA making the Regions, but when something this major comes along then why doesn't every school have some kind of say so?

Even the Privates need some kind of input other than the NO voice they have now.

Personally I would love to see what the results would have been if EVERY school involved would have voted on it. I am willing to bet we would have stayed the way it was.

I can understand the TSSAA making the Regions, but when something this major comes along then why doesn't every school have some kind of say so?

Even the Privates need some kind of input other than the NO voice they have now.

That is one of the things that puzzles me 9 people decide some BIG issues for hundreds of high schools and the past 2 years they have not doen what is in the best intrest of the majority of the schools but this is MY OPINION