PRE SEASON 2A TOP 5

freeacen

1. Alcoa

2. Goodpasture

3. DCA or CPA, (complete toss up)

4. Lewis County

5. Milan, Hickman County

CAK is going to bring alot of talent to the table, Huntingdon got a new coach with alot of talent returning. Harpeth and Fairview look to return to old form. Even though Alcoa has won the last couple of titles, I think class 2A has some of the most entertaining and competitive games in the state.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard CPA is going to be pretty solid this year! I think Milan will be able to make it to the 'boro this year. They got ALL of their key returning star athletes just about. They do lose quite a bit on the line but Milan always comes up with productive linemen. I don't know what Alcoa all returns but if it's as much as these Alcoa fans talk then this returning Milan talent may not mean much!

I'm not an Alcoa fan. Just stating the obvious.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

"Milan would not be much of a contest at all for Alcoa. They would destroy the Bulldogs by whatever margain Rankin feels like winning the game by on a cold Friday night in December. "

Win? Maybe.... Destroy? NOT THIS YEAR JACK!

Alcoa by at least 4 touchdowns and i'm a Maryville fan THEY ARE LOADED!!! no one in 2A has a shot at them!! They will be all we want this year.

1. Alcoa

2. Goodpasture

3. DCA or CPA, (complete toss up)

4. Lewis County

5. Milan, Hickman County

CAK is going to bring alot of talent to the table, Huntingdon got a new coach with alot of talent returning. Harpeth and Fairview look to return to old form. Even though Alcoa has won the last couple of titles, I think class 2A has some of the most entertaining and competitive games in the state.

Lewis County 4th?

I'm not an Alcoa fan. Just stating the obvious.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I understand... I saw them last year against Goodpasture in the championship and they were the real deal. During warm-ups, Alcoa's backup QB looked better than most of the starting QB's around here, lol... I think Milan will be in the 'boro this year and I honestly hope Milan ends Alcoa's run due to the fact Milan is right down the road but they'll have to work for every last piece of that gold trophy.

Wow, i'm surprised at what i've seen. Alcoa is a given I guess but I think Hickman Co. is loaded and will face the tornadoes in the borrow. Huntingdon has two returning starter on each side of the ball, Lewis Co. can't beat Hickman and neither can milan, or goodpasture IMO, not this year. I do expect Milan to make a deep run.

Wow, i'm surprised at what i've seen. Alcoa is a given I guess but I think Hickman Co. is loaded and will face the tornadoes in the borrow. Huntingdon has two returning starter on each side of the ball, Lewis Co. can't beat Hickman and neither can milan, or goodpasture IMO, not this year. I do expect Milan to make a deep run.

Maybe Hickman co. is a sleeper that is a great position to be in starting a season, tell us about HC and what makes them loaded(sizes and speeds of the athletes)

Hickman will be explosive on offense with those fast slot backs they have returning. They still don't play enough defense to knock off one of the Nashville private schools. If they do then I am not sure that they can win against a hard nosed football team like a Milan.

Hickman is my pick to win that region and get to the quarters but that's about it.

I kept up with them pretty closely last year so someone in the know in Centerville might fill in the blanks, but they return almost every starter from last year. Blazing speed in the backfield and at receiver. They are going to a more spread gun read offense with a qb that is very fast. A whole bunch of seniors who have seen three years of starting experience. I saw three games last year and thought they were very physical despite their unersized appearance. Very quick and agressive on defense with shutdown db's. Very quick on the d-line and at l'ber also. I personally think that going to a spread offense might give the private schools fits plus they have the speed to outrun most teams, including milan. Thats just my take.

I kept up with them pretty closely last year so someone in the know in Centerville might fill in the blanks, but they return almost every starter from last year. Blazing speed in the backfield and at receiver. They are going to a more spread gun read offense with a qb that is very fast. A whole bunch of seniors who have seen three years of starting experience. I saw three games last year and thought they were very physical despite their unersized appearance. Very quick and agressive on defense with shutdown db's. Very quick on the d-line and at l'ber also. I personally think that going to a spread offense might give the private schools fits plus they have the speed to outrun most teams, including milan. Thats just my take.

Peabody's speed and spread offense didn't give Goodpasture any problems last year. As much as I hate it, it will be Milan and Goodpasture in the semi's. Although it would be nice to see Goodpasture taken out early! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoas team was great last year and they were extremely young. They only played about 4 seniors last year cobb,OL-coulter, kincannon and tb hodge). The only major loss is qb randall cobb and although not as good as cobb chase james has played his fair shair of snaps at qb and did a great job in the spring. Replacing hodge at rb wont be as difficult as it seems because alcoas leading rusher last season (over 1000 yds, 14 tds, 11.3 ypc) was now junior tb jaron toney. A lot of those young guys are a year better and alcoa seems to be loaded up for the long haul.

Alcoas team was great last year and they were extremely young. They only played about 4 seniors last year cobb,OL-coulter, kincannon and tb hodge). The only major loss is qb randall cobb and although not as good as cobb chase james has played his fair shair of snaps at qb and did a great job in the spring. Replacing hodge at rb wont be as difficult as it seems because alcoas leading rusher last season (over 1000 yds, 14 tds, 11.3 ypc) was now junior tb jaron toney. A lot of those young guys are a year better and alcoa seems to be loaded up for the long haul.

I believe Josh Dossett DE #86 was a Senior.