Class 1A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

This is off the subject but who all from the region went on to play college ball from last year?? I know my boy Estep is going to Emory & Henry. Is there anybody else??

That's a good question. What happened to Hampton's Roop? The way Hampton fans hyped him up I suspect he went straight to the NFL.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how it would look if we looked at this objectively, just going on last seasons records and the number of returning starters for all the teams. If I'm correct, It seems like Cloudland, Grace and Cosby lost the least ,I think Jellico and Hampton lost almost all their starters.

Billdog 2000, Hampton has the size and the speed to be a good team, they just have to work hard learning their assignments, with so many new starters,this will be a challenge. But trust me ,they are working at it. This team should get better as the season goes by. Its not nearly as easy when you don't have alot of 2 and 3 year starters.Attention to detail is the key, phyical in not the problem. A scrimmage or 2 will work wonders.

Hey old KING congrats on the princesses , They grow up fast! My princess just turned 6 seems like we were in the Hospital yesterday.

Back to Football , this region will be almost impossible to predict until halfway through the season , then it won't be easy. The private school has gotten tons of new players eligible for this season so we better get ready for them. From what I hear they have recruited half of Clintons ballteam over to Grace along with a few others.

I hope all of these teams have good seasons with no serious injuries. I know the Lord can use this game to mold strong characters with these young men. The way the coaches from Cosby handled themselves last year when they were scouting Grace at Cloudland has left a lasting impression on me. I learned something from those gentlemen. These are young men playing the greatest sport in America. Winning and losing shouldn't dictate hatred and bitter feelings. God speed to a great season!! Whooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...