Owls Nest 08

im just saying corey flanders is possibly the best athlete on the team. i wouldnt be surprised to see him with a qb package. he is back from his colar bone injury. look for him to start at wr and safety.

Not even close to the best athlete on the filed /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> last time i checked there are scouts hanging around for 2 other kids with legit D1 talent...........how can you compare him to that when he has nt played since he was in 9 th grade? He was a good qb as a freshman but that does nt mean he s gonna take anybody s spot at qb,safety, or wr, by the way who s he gonna beat out at wr and safety.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you people come up with this stuff? What makes Corey Flanders so special? The fact that he did not play as a sophomore? He was injured two weeks into fall practice after not competing at the varsity level last season but he might be the best athlete on this team?! With apologies to the young man, he is not the best athlete on the Owl team. Now, he might become good enough to become a solid contributor, but this kid has no where, and I mean no where near the speed of Seamster,Myricks et al. His speed is closer to the second and third team receivers than to that of Myricks and Seamster. Jeez....talk about setting up a kid for failure.

I think the Owls are headed for a 6-3/7-2 type season.

I heard straight out of the mouth of someone that makes decisions or should I say someone that matters that Cory MAY be the most versatile and yes he did say Best athlete on the team. He was VERY excited about having him back and did say Corey would be playing some QB along with Brady, Many teams including Maryville and Cookeville and Coach Monroe's teams in the past have used a duel QB system. Speed and quickness are two different things and help teams in different ways. Although he may not have the grasp of the offense yet, he adds something that Brady does not mobility. I am a Brady fan but his inconsistancy and some of his mechanics are definitley in question, Nothing like a little competition to make you or break you.Brady had got to start applying what he has learned in the off season and from the season he had last year and do much better than he has been playing, Tell me you don't hold your breath when he steps back to pass. I know I can't watch sometimes. I am not down on him. I just think there is no time but the present for him to "come around". The fact he knows someone can step in if he doesnt, is a good thing. WE SHALL SEE.

I heard straight out of the mouth of someone that makes decisions or should I say someone that matters that Cory MAY be the most versatile and yes he did say Best athlete on the team. He was VERY excited about having him back and did say Corey would be playing some QB along with Brady, Many teams including Maryville and Cookeville and Coach Monroe's teams in the past have used a duel QB system. Speed and quickness are two different things and help teams in different ways. Although he may not have the grasp of the offense yet, he adds something that Brady does not mobility. I am a Brady fan but his inconsistancy and some of his mechanics are definitley in question, Nothing like a little competition to make you or break you.Brady had got to start applying what he has learned in the off season and from the season he had last year and do much better than he has been playing, Tell me you don't hold your breath when he steps back to pass. I know I can't watch sometimes. I am not down on him. I just think there is no time but the present for him to "come around". The fact he knows someone can step in if he doesnt, is a good thing. WE SHALL SEE.

Well,if that is the case:does the Manning kid not bring mobility,versatility,good arm and knows the offense?and makes good decisions,also.I am speaking as a Ooltewah fan,(not a parent),so Monroe hasn't even been considering,him? I saw 2 scrimmages REDBANK(7on7) and TYNER and he(manning) and Reed did well.Flanders did well,I think at DB,but never at QB,why the BIG,SUDDEN interest in FLANDERS? He didn't even go out for QB.I'm just trying to figure out,how Reed started all last year,is the main guy this year.,.#12 prospect in tn,papers brag on him,but yet REED AND MANNING are suddenly getting push to the side? (and,I know Reed as struggled)Just a curious owl fan that wants to win.I hope it all works outfor everybody.GO owls!!

There is no dual QB system in place at Ooltewah, maybe in someone elses eyes but not the eyes of the coaches. I seriously doubt that he is going to step in and take anyone's place. Manning brings just as much to the table and you saw when he went into the game last Friday. I think Brady has gotten the Qb spot for the next two years. And I am not sure who he is going to replace at WR or safety. I am not sure on what level you would like Brady to play on, PRO or what. There are times when he makes bad decisions but what highschool QB doesn't at times. Obviously you are the only one questioning Brady's mechanics, he has been trusted to play QB last year and this year. I think Monroe and offense has a alot of confidence in Brady and maybe you should too. If he makes a mistake every once in a while WHO CARES. I am sure you make mistakes in your every day life and there is never anyone there is POINT THAT OUT TO YOU. So quit putting people down and stand up for your team. And by the way I DON'T HOLD MY BREATH EVERYTIME HE THROWS THE BALL.

guess i was way off base? 2seamfastball, void70 and owlpride maybe you guys are the ones who dont know what you are talking about, ever think of that? loveshsfootball has backed my comments up, so, dont be so quick to judge before you start running your mouth. You only make yourself look ignorant. No , i am not related to Corey Flanders . I have confidence in Corey , and he will start in the secondary and he will be a major contributor at wr in th (4wide set). I hope Brady Reed plays the way i know he is capabale of playing. i know, i am pulling for him!

guess i was way off base? 2seamfastball, void70 and owlpride maybe you guys are the ones who dont know what you are talking about, ever think of that? loveshsfootball has backed my comments up, so, dont be so quick to judge before you start running your mouth. You only make yourself look ignorant. No , i am not related to Corey Flanders . I have confidence in Corey , and he will start in the secondary and he will be a major contributor at wr in th (4wide set). I hope Brady Reed plays the way i know he is capabale of playing. i know, i am pulling for him!

How can,I be wrong? wrong about what?All,I commented on was whether or not,flanders can survive all the pressureYOU put on him.I never questioned his ability or anything because,I have not seen it,yet.When,I do see him play then,Iwill give my opinion on him.THANK YOU.if your not related how do you have so much confidence in a kid who hasn't even played a down in full pads?and again,if you are related to him,gues what? NOBODY CARES!,I just hope he can live up to the HYPE. I want him to do well,just like,I want Reed to do well and the other kid,too. Good Lord. owls 35/6 over mcminn (they might kick 2FGs)

I dont think i m way off base, because i see NO REASON WHATSOEVER to shake up the offense when they won handedly over Whitescreek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may be correct in your inside scoop but Flanders being the best athlete on the field is has no merit whatsoever. Brady makes mistakes just like everybody else does(remember he s just a kid, 11 th grade) and what does he bring to the table that the Owls dont already have?? Who s spot will he be taking in the wr/safety.

i am not saying Brady Reed is or will lose his starting job. I am saying that their may be a QB package installed for Cory Flanders. whats wrong with another dimension to the owls offense? I dont want to say any names, but you can probably figure out what safety position and which wr spot he will take. Go Owls!

what kind of package?

what kind of package?

i would say a package where he would have the option to run the ball . Brady Reed really doesnt have that option. spread the field , pistol formation (shotgun) where he could hand the ball off, run it or throw it. can be a very tough offense to stop. If you can remember blake foster running the offense back in 2001 & 2002, not saying cory flanders is a blake foster, but that style of offense.

One thing that I noticed about Goose on Friday night was his decision making. He made quality decisions on the field the other night (the fair catch was just one) and I did say that to him the other night afterwards. That's one thing that I question about Brady. About Corey, he's a very good athlete and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a "Wild Hog" type of package in the works or already in, there are some sets that haven't even been shown yet.