AAA and Div II Predictions

hamlet7478

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know anything about ECS in D2?

Don't know first hand, but the local paper stated they were only losing 2 seniors. If that's the case, I would expect they will make a strong showing based on the team they fielded last year. They will play Collierville on 8/29 in the Katie Hunter Tourn. That should give you a measure.

Ravenwood should be pretty good this year. Did not lose many starters and they have a bunch of seniors returning with some key Freshmen and Sophmores joining that were not on the team last year. Looks to be a tough District this year with Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial and Independence.

good picks

The Lady Irish of Father Ryan pushed BGA to overtime on two occasions last season. Unless they graduated the bulk of their team, (Not Sure), I think they deserve a mention as to contending for the Middle title and possible more. They were not an easy out last year and expect more of the same this season. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I don't doubt the Riverdale prediction. I think Siegel will have much more of a challenge. Not only did they loose Winn and Miller, but also Gerhart. They looked weaker when Gerhart was out with her knee injury last year. There is also a rumor of a switch at the keeper position. Don't misunderstand. Still a very talented team, but they have some big holes to fill.

KeeperFan, you do realize that Siegel played without Anna for part of the beginning of the season anyways because of the first ACL tear she suffered from select. I didn't see them struggle then. Anna didn't really come back until the Houston game and played ten games after that until she get hurt again in the riverdale game. Once again Siegel was without her and was able to make it through disricts, regionals, and sectionals without her. With the returning senior leaders in conrad, trollinger, sloan and dewberry I see this team making some big waves again. They have such a talented group of sophomores and juniors who have experience from that state team last year. I'm not going to say that they don't have holes to fill with winn being the all time scoring leader and miller being the anchor in the midfield but I don't think they will be as hard to fill as you think.

Oh, I saw where they tied BGA 1-1 in the preseason. Did anyone see the game and was it as big of a confidence booster for the stars as I think it was?

KeeperFan, you do realize that Siegel played without Anna for part of the beginning of the season anyways because of the first ACL tear she suffered from select. I didn't see them struggle then. Anna didn't really come back until the Houston game and played ten games after that until she get hurt again in the riverdale game. Once again Siegel was without her and was able to make it through disricts, regionals, and sectionals without her. With the returning senior leaders in conrad, trollinger, sloan and dewberry I see this team making some big waves again. They have such a talented group of sophomores and juniors who have experience from that state team last year. I'm not going to say that they don't have holes to fill with winn being the all time scoring leader and miller being the anchor in the midfield but I don't think they will be as hard to fill as you think.

Oh, I saw where they tied BGA 1-1 in the preseason. Did anyone see the game and was it as big of a confidence booster for the stars as I think it was?

Chill just a little. Yes I realize all that. I have watched these young ladies and those departed since they were U8 at fields all across this and other states. I meant no disrespect. You have a top class backfield. I still stand by my position that they did not look as strong with Anna out of the line up as they did with her in. Teams had to adjust more with her in the game. There are not that many players that can place the ball on face from 10 beyond the half. You can struggle and still win.

My only point was that based on the caiber of the players that they lost compared to Riverdale, Siegel was going to have a harder time replacing that talent level. I am sure that the underclassmen will step up to the challange. Hopefully Sidney will be back soon, though Claire is doing a great job.

And before it gets started, no this is not a slam at the departed R'dale talent. I still picked them first. The just didn't loose as much of their talent base.

Ravenwood should be pretty good this year. Did not lose many starters and they have a bunch of seniors returning with some key Freshmen and Sophmores joining that were not on the team last year. Looks to be a tough District this year with Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial and Independence.

Probably the toughest AAA district in the State...again.