Greeneville Greene Devils

DevilFan77

Wow! That's really disappointing to hear since Tennessee has a lot of starters returning on offense. Did the Vikings have a series with Campbell Co.?

Yes they had 2 series with Campbell County....Neither one scored. Tennessee High looked really athletic but it seemed like the QB's had a hard time getting it to the WR's but the young running back for Tennessee looked pretty good.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville looked a little shaky against there first series against Campbell County with Campbell Coming away with a score. Throughout the scrimmage Greeneville kept getting better putting up 3 TD's Against Tennessee High and not allowing Tennessee to score. Who really looked good was Trevon Hall who scored 2 TD's.

I have to agree mostly with your post although one of the 3 TDs you refer to was against CC not THS. Greeneville is big and strong up front with a well balanced RB and a BEAST at QB. GH actually could be credited with another TD against CC that was wiped away by a bad call by one of the refs when he called a GH receiver out of bounds when he really stayed on the field of play for the score. GH's first score actually came against a predominantly second team for THS but on the second score (the last series of the scrimmage) GH simple marched straight down the field. THS never really got the Offense on track but they were able to move the ball at times on both squads ending one series inside the 10 yard line of GH with a long pass play. Their only score came against CC with both second teams on the field. GH didn't work their second team against THS but once on both sides of the ball that I could tell.

My assessment of the day even though it was a little confusing at times is that CC was the weaker of the three at this time with Greeneville looking ahead of both. The big boys on the front lines of GH were the big difference between them and THS. When the GH QB takes off with the ball you know somethings about to happen...he's a load...but he has allot of work to do on the passing game. Didn't see GH second string QB but once. THS is still working two QB's with the first team and neither really impressed me tonight. The third string QB working with the second team and completing several passes and he looks promising for the future. This is par for the course for the Vikings as scrimmages go. It was almost a mirror image of the scrimmage against GH last year. They will get better as they come together. Greenville on the other hand got stronger with confidence as the scrimmage went on. I don't think either of these three teams would be ready for DB at this time.

I have to agree mostly with your post although one of the 3 TDs you refer to was against CC not THS. Greeneville is big and strong up front with a well balanced RB and a BEAST at QB. GH actually could be credited with another TD against CC that was wiped away by a bad call by one of the refs when he called a GH receiver out of bounds when he really stayed on the field of play for the score. GH's first score actually came against a predominantly second team for THS but on the second score (the last series of the scrimmage) GH simple marched straight down the field. THS never really got the Offense on track but they were able to move the ball at times on both squads ending one series inside the 10 yard line of GH with a long pass play. Their only score came against CC with both second teams on the field. GH didn't work their second team against THS but once on both sides of the ball that I could tell.

My assessment of the day even though it was a little confusing at times is that CC was the weaker of the three at this time with Greeneville looking ahead of both. The big boys on the front lines of GH were the big difference between them and THS. When the GH QB takes off with the ball you know somethings about to happen...he's a load...but he has allot of work to do on the passing game. Didn't see GH second string QB but once. THS is still working two QB's with the first team and neither really impressed me tonight. The third string QB working with the second team and completing several passes and he looks promising for the future. This is par for the course for the Vikings as scrimmages go. It was almost a mirror image of the scrimmage against GH last year. They will get better as they come together. Greenville on the other hand got stronger with confidence as the scrimmage went on. I don't think either of these three teams would be ready for DB at this time.

how can you say CC was the weakiest team there?

Their qb busted out a 60 or 70 yard run the first run against greenville. they drove the ball all night against greenvilles D. CC scored on a pass from about the 10 or 15 yard line. CC stuffed greenville every play except one long pass play where greenway just slung the ball to the reciever who caught the ball with one foot in bounds. After that green way scored shortly from the 5 on their last play.

TN High didnt score a TD in the whole scrimage.. Their d looked good. offense needs a little work. they have some good backs.

This is my opinion, but CC looked just as strong as greenville, Maybe a little better on D

Their qb busted out a 60 or 70 yard run the first run against greenville. they drove the ball all night against greenvilles D. CC scored on a pass from about the 10 or 15 yard line. CC stuffed greenville every play except one long pass play where greenway just slung the ball to the reciever who caught the ball with one foot in bounds. After that green way scored shortly from the 5 on their last play.

TN High didnt score a TD in the whole scrimage.. Their d looked good. offense needs a little work. they have some good backs.

This is my opinion, but CC looked just as strong as greenville, Maybe a little better on D

I really can’t argue your point Runandgun to be honest with you. The three way scrimmage was hard to keep up with, so I really just focused on each team’s performance against THS. One other thing is that I noticed that throughout the scrimmage CC and THS rotated younger players in and out after about the first couple of series. I didn’t see much of that from GH. They worked mostly with their starters and treated it more like a game IMO.

BTW the only score from the Vikings came against CC’s second team on a 60 (guessing) yard scamper by one of their younger backs #4 who also looks very promising for the future.

Greeneville could have thrown the ball deep against CC all day. CC was goodin there 3 man front. CC had one big play. After that they were pretty quiet. I think the lines on the field were confusing. The TD pass was inside the ten. The only first string series against CC Greeneville threw a deep ball for about 25-30 yds. The receiver never stepped out, the referees were apparently using a quick whistle due to the sideline on the practice field. Greenway then ran it for about fifteen, and punished one of the db's for CC.

TH just didn't look very good on offense. Neither really looked comfortable throwing on the bootlegs, and they continued to run them. I guess doing something over and over gives you a chance to get better, or make it worse.

Greeneville seemed to be in much better physical shape than the other two teams. The last series against Tennessee High showed where the teams are when it comes to conditioning.

I really can’t argue your point Runandgun to be honest with you. The three way scrimmage was hard to keep up with, so I really just focused on each team’s performance against THS. One other thing is that I noticed that throughout the scrimmage CC and THS rotated younger players in and out after about the first couple of series. I didn’t see much of that from GH. They worked mostly with their starters and treated it more like a game IMO.

BTW the only score from the Vikings came against CC’s second team on a 60 (guessing) yard scamper by one of their younger backs #4 who also looks very promising for the future.

I argee with you Cap1

CC and TN High, both was looking to get better switching in their players and running different formation and plays. I believe TN High could have ran all over greenville but they decided to work on their boot legs and passing game. TN, and CC deffense's were both better than Greenvilles, CC could have ran inside veer on greenville all night, but again They were trying to work on different stuff. The first series greenville came out there like they were all big and bad, Then CC's qb had like a 50 yard run(guessing). Overall TN and CC were looking to get better, Greenville just tried to make theirselves look good. this is just my opinion. Good luck to all teams this year.

I argee with you Cap1

CC and TN High, both was looking to get better switching in their players and running different formation and plays. I believe TN High could have ran all over greenville but they decided to work on their boot legs and passing game. TN, and CC deffense's were both better than Greenvilles, CC could have ran inside veer on greenville all night, but again They were trying to work on different stuff. The first series greenville came out there like they were all big and bad, Then CC's qb had like a 50 yard run(guessing). Overall TN and CC were looking to get better, Greenville just tried to make theirselves look good. this is just my opinion. Good luck to all teams this year.

I can tell you Greeneville wasn't trying to make themselves look good. They have alot of starters back on the offensive side of the ball and were trying to get things ready for Jeff Co.......On D they lost 9 starters so they actually switches in alot of people in and out and everyone on Greenevilles team played during the scrimmage either with the 1st team or the 2nd team. And just because someone gets fired up and has intensity doesn't mean they think there big and bad. Not knocking on CC or TN becuase i thought both teams looked pretty good for a first scrimmage.

I can tell you Greeneville wasn't trying to make themselves look good. They have alot of starters back on the offensive side of the ball and were trying to get things ready for Jeff Co.......On D they lost 9 starters so they actually switches in alot of people in and out and everyone on Greenevilles team played during the scrimmage either with the 1st team or the 2nd team. And just because someone gets fired up and has intensity doesn't mean they think there big and bad. Not knocking on CC or TN becuase i thought both teams looked pretty good for a first scrimmage.

Campbell County and Tennessee High have already scrimmaged this season before the Greeneville scrimmage

CC hasnt had a scrimage all year, they didnt even have one in the spring. this was the first time they played somone in pads since the lost to WB last year in the playoffs.

Same for THS. This was their first time in pads against another team since the disappointing loss to Volunteer in the playoffs.