Greeneville Greene Devils

DevilFan77

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did they hire for the turf? The job they did in Morristown was great. It will be great for the city of Greeneville.

From the Greeneville Sun:

The artificial turf has arrived at Greeneville High School’s Burley Stadium and workers began the process Friday morning of installing the new surface on the football field. The Astro Turf, from General Sports Venue in Marietta, Ga., will be installed in approximately a week and a half, just in time for the start of fall football practice. Greeneville High’s season begins Aug. 22 at home against Jefferson County. Idell Construction has spent most of the summer preparing the stadium for the installation in addition to landscaping areas around the football field.

Have you even been on the DB turf? Because I thought it looked like real grass myself.

I've played baseball on DB's turf and Football on Morristown's turf and neither turf is bad. DB's turf looks more real than Morristowns turf becuase Morristown went with the two different color grass types. Greenevilles turf is made out of a different fake grass type and looks and feels more like grass than DB's or Morristowns.

What is the story with Greenway? I heard he was off the team based on an incident at school in the Spring. Then I heard he was back with no punishment. He is the difference between 6-4 and 9-1.

I am not looking to torch a kid on the board; just interested from people in the know if he is playing.

I do think a legit topic is if the coach compromised on his discipline policy for a star. This can pose a problem in the long run.

It was a school incident during the school day and he was severely punished.

*Removed from baseball for rest of the school year

*Removed from football for rest of the school year

*Placed in ALP (alternative learning program) rest of school year, 27 academic days

*Was taken to Juvenile Court

*Was found guilty of unruly conduct

*6 months probation

*Required counseling in 3 areas, which I will not be specific

*To be allowed work out this summer, he had to be perfect in ALP and with his probation officer

*The week prior of the start of football, if he had met everything in his contract he would be allowed to play football if the Coach saw fit..

I hope this detailed report takes care of everyone's gossip labido (not aimed at etfan)

PS Jordan is doing well and has overcome a lot of things as a 17 year old. He needs everyones prayers. He is a young man that would do anything for anyone and needs to continue to grow.