Knox Halls Starters

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big game is less than two weeks away, we will be reading the results in the paper at this time. What is everyone's opinion on where we stand? I haven't got a chance to see them play just yet. Maryville will probably be that first chance. How have the players adapted to some of the changes with coaches etc? Who has stepped up and made an impact early and are there any injuries that could cost the Devils against Maryville?

The big game is less than two weeks away, we will be reading the results in the paper at this time. What is everyone's opinion on where we stand? I haven't got a chance to see them play just yet. Maryville will probably be that first chance. How have the players adapted to some of the changes with coaches etc? Who has stepped up and made an impact early and are there any injuries that could cost the Devils against Maryville?

I can not think of anyone who has stepped up and made a huge impact in the first two weeks in pads. However, I have seen about 2 practices and 1 scrimmage. From what I have heard, there is a long list of injuries. Many are out for the season. I think two more could be. There has been plenty of street dressed guys at practice every day. Halls will need to prove to me that they will be able to score enough to win games this year. The offense needs to come together and find some playmakers. Right now, I see a 14-3 Maryville win. I hope the offense will catch up to the defense. If this happens, it could be a great ball game.

On another note:

Are any Soph. going to make an impact this season? Have any looked promising in practice? I know #6 is going to play alot. Is there anyone else? I was just thinking about the future a little bit and wondered if we should worry.

Ironman Has me worried on the injury situation those names he mentioned contained my picks for playmakers this year.

With Maryville less than two weeks away, we should all be very concerned about those injuries mentioned. Most of those would contribute on both sides of the ball. If some new guys do not step up, it could be a rocky ride. We have 3 scrimmages this week counting the jamboree. We need a injury-free week.

Injuries, unfortunately, are part of football. I'm not so sure we've suffered any more than any other contender in our conference. I do hate that Zabowski may be out for the season, but I think our real threats at reciever are still doing just fine.

That said, this is a running team and when the run blocking is on, we will gain yards routinely, even against Maryville. The key in that game will be ball control.

While we still need a few to continue to "step up", IMO, several players have stepped up already.

O'Laughlin, Gresham, Bright, Cottrell and, of course, Leonard.

When Taylor gets in his groove at QB, the entire "O" should click.

The defense looks pretty darn good to me.

Injuries, unfortunately, are part of football. I'm not so sure we've suffered any more than any other contender in our conference. I do hate that Zabowski may be out for the season, but I think our real threats at reciever are still doing just fine.

That said, this is a running team and when the run blocking is on, we will gain yards routinely, even against Maryville. The key in that game will be ball control.

While we still need a few to continue to "step up", IMO, several players have stepped up already.

O'Laughlin, Gresham, Bright, Cottrell and, of course, Leonard.

When Taylor gets in his groove at QB, the entire "O" should click.

The defense looks pretty darn good to me.

I was not attempting to alarm anyone or doom and gloom the situation. I really think Gresham's injury hurts the most. I hope he is able to return, even with a cast, by Maryville. Turner (not Taylor) looks to be an improved runner. He does need to become a solid passer to balance out the offense.

Our defense is pretty sound. However, DB was able get several good runs against us. CAK will test us against the pass on Tuesday.

The jamboree is this week. It is almost here!!

Go Big Red!!