Knox Halls Starters

Ironman,

I agree with your assessment except there may not be time to play better at the end in one quarter. Halls has given up loads of points in the jamboree over the last several years. (Webb and AE) I think this is due to the speed factor and the fact that Halls usually tries a few things and tries to make it fun. A great night for Halls would be one long drive that uses up alot of clock followed by a 3 and out for the defense. However, that is wishful thinking. I have heard that Fulton is young at some positions but very athletic.

Either way, I hope we come through tonight and tomorrow night injury free and we work out the kinks.

Coach Kerr used to say that the Jamboree wasn't good for much but showing off uniforms. Well, we've got new ones this year. I can't wait to see them.

Well the uniforms looked good but the players wearing them looked better. Wishful thinking can come true sometimes. Great quarter Halls. Keep learning and getting better.

P.S. And stay healthy.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some fair points that don't necessarily negate the points I made. I'll close with this:'

1. I don't represent or have a player for CAK.

2. I am absolutely confident that when CAK put their 2nd team DEFENSE (not just subbed a player or three, but a change to the seconds) the score was 21-7. In my earlier account of how events transpired, I never said it was 21-7 when CAK changed the offense. I believe that the 1st team offense went in for one more series after CAK had put in the second defense. I'm not guessing, I'm confident this is the case. However, I don't have game film to go back and check as I'm not affiliated with the program, so despite my best efforts at being 100% accurate from the CAK personnel side only (which is what I stated) I could be in error. I believe if you care to check though, you will find this paragraph accurate.

3. If you want to question our coaches for going to the bench early, can we not question why the ones and twos didn't continue for more than a total of 5 series (less than a half).

Sure you can, but I'm not sure it helps your case since according to you the 2nd string quarterback and 4th string receiver were in after one series. And your first team defense was done after 2 series.

4. I believe if you care to check the tape, you will see that Halls had 7 points when CAK went to the second team defense. Had the 1st team defense stayed in, maybe Halls would have score 60 points. Had Halls kept their 1st team defense intact instead of subbing substantially maybe CAK would have continued to move the ball like the first series. Maybe or maybe not, we'll never know. Halls did not score 21 points against CAK's first defense. Maybe they could have, but they didn't because they weren't in there.

I don't know what would have happened if both teams had kept the 1's in for an entire half. Both teams probably had good reasons for what they did. Both teams scored 1 TD ones vs. ones. Then apparently the 2nd quarterback threw the interception and the starters were out for Halls on defense (done after 2 series.) I have a 5A team I follow closely and I can honestly say that even if it were 21 - 21 starters vs. starters them against a 2A team, I personally would have expected them to perform better.

5. we had over 500 yards of offense to there under 200", but I could have.

6. It doesn't bother me a bit, but you most certainly did state these facts both last night and again today. The numbers are the numbers, no problem to me. As I stated in my earlier post, Halls clearly outmatched CAK in terms of depth. Once the 1st team was out on offense and defense, CAK didn't move the ball well and Halls did move the ball well.

7.Is there a nerve, button, something they want to prove?

I don't mind to be frank and respond to this. Speaking for myself only, I didn't particularly have any issues other than friendly discussion with your posts other than I felt your comments about when #10 and #7 lost their starting positions to support your argument that it was 21 - 21 were intentionally a little on the "smart aleky" side, but no big deal. Otherwise, I felt like in general you filled me in on how Halls subbed and I filled you in on the other side to the best of my (pretty good) memory. But you have the tape, so judge for yourself.

I will say that speaking for myself, I took much of what has been said by Halls supporters as damage control and positive spin. Not lies, not deception. Looking at the glass as half full not half empty. With Maryville coming up in a week and a half, that is probably smart. I think anyone neutral watching the first several series from that scrimmage may not have come away with the same take as most of the Halls supporters on this board. After the scrimmage on my way to the restroom I heard two older gentlemen in Halls shirts talking. One said he was "holding his nose" on how Halls played early in the scrimmage. I think in an effort to look at the glass as half full, some such as Divercity tend to minimize CAK's part of it. So I respond, as have a couple of others, and I stand by my comments to both you and Divercity 100%

Keep in mind that not every poster who made comments positive to CAK are CAK fans. For instance, Sheila is a Powell fan.

8. both teams uncovered weaknesses(CAK cant stop any runs, Halls cant stop any passess).

Well perhaps, but CAK won't likely see a 4A power running game this year (unless maybe Webb) of your caliber because they are playing 2A, but I suspect you will see some teams that throw the ball effectively. I think you may be underestimating the execution level of the offense you saw last night. But that's just my opinion based on watching mostly 5A ball over the last 20 years mixed in with a little 2A ball the last few.

Otherwise, thanks for the conversation, no hard feelings from my end, and good luck this season! Beat Maryville!

It shouldn't take a novel to state the obvious.

Any CAK player fans or coach who thinks CAK took Halls to the woodshed is fooling themself.

On the first drive of the game, Halls demonstrated that CAK could do NOTHING to stop our run game. Halls used the scrimmage to test out the passing game a little.

Tonight we dominated Fulton on both sides of the ball in the Jamboree and held them scoreless.

CAK is a good 2A team, that is all.

Some of us didn't get to see the jamboree==what happened?

Halls played well. Got the ball first and scored in 5 or 6 plays. Then defense gave up a couple of first downs and then forced a punt. Halls was driving again but fumbled around the 20 yard line going in. Final score 7-0. Halls

Other games:

I think King's Acadamy beat TSD.

Hardin Valley beat Cosby.

I think Carter beat Central but I am not positive.

I did not see the Gibbs, Grace quarter.

Halls played well. Got the ball first and scored in 5 or 6 plays. Then defense gave up a couple of first downs and then forced a punt. Halls was driving again but fumbled around the 20 yard line going in. Final score 7-0. Halls

Other games:

I think King's Acadamy beat TSD.

Hardin Valley beat Cosby.

I think Carter beat Central but I am not positive. NO

I did not see the Gibbs, Grace quarter.

Kings Academy beat KSD.

Halls shut out Fulton.

Hardin Valley scored a TD and won.

Central shut out Carter, but did it on essentially two plays.

Grace beat Gibbs.

Halls was the best team of the night; hands down. The first drive was just like the drive against CAK. Every play went for 8 or more yards and Halls looked like a machine running the ball.

Central has a nice RB.

It shouldn't take a novel to state the obvious.

Any CAK player fans or coach who thinks CAK took Halls to the woodshed is fooling themself.

On the first drive of the game, Halls demonstrated that CAK could do NOTHING to stop our run game. Halls used the scrimmage to test out the passing game a little.

Tonight we dominated Fulton on both sides of the ball in the Jamboree and held them scoreless.

CAK is a good 2A team, that is all.

Thanks for clearing that up.

On a serious note, congratulations to Halls on a great jamboree tonight. Halls handled an experienced Fulton D line with ease, and looked good against the pass and the run.

Thanks for clearing that up.

On a serious note, congratulations to Halls on a great jamboree tonight. Halls handled an experienced Fulton D line with ease, and looked good against the pass and the run.

They did look good, didn't they. Last night was a flashback to good 'ol Halls smash-mouth football of old.

Kings Academy beat KSD.

Halls shut out Fulton.

Hardin Valley scored a TD and won.

Central shut out Carter, but did it on essentially two plays.

Grace beat Gibbs.

Halls was the best team of the night; hands down. The first drive was just like the drive against CAK. Every play went for 8 or more yards and Halls looked like a machine running the ball.

Central has a nice RB.

Are you sure Halls was the best team of the night? How can you tell?

All you have to do is borrow his Red Devil tinted glasses and you will see that too.

Halls looked much improved over the last couple of scrimmage games. That was good to see.

Congrats to the bobcats on your win.

That's funny about the glasses. The Red Devils were very impressive. I'll root for them every game except Sept. 5.

BTW it was great to see Fulton get hammered after the way they disrespected our goalpost last night.

That's funny about the glasses. The Red Devils were very impressive. I'll root for them every game except Sept. 5.

BTW it was great to see Fulton get hammered after the way they disrespected our goalpost last night.

Poor goalpost !! The Pad had to be turned around a little bit .... some of you people are so touchy ... kids having fun ... Bobcat .. Fulton wasnt even playing Central .. they were just renting the field ... all this Jamboree is for is to help pay kids insurance .. other than that its about the worst thing around ... everbody gets to see new uniforms etc .. as a coach you just hope you dont get someone hurt ... I will give you those Fulton kids probably shouldnt have been on that goalpost and they apologize for hurting it ...