knox grace

pujo

Coach Logan, That had to be the hardest loss in Cloudlands history, But on the other hand, it was just as sweet for CAK. Both parties will remember that night for a lifetime. I still believe God used that game for his own reasons. I'm not sure what or who it was directed at , but I'm sure a lesson was learned that night. I will say one thing, from that point on, CAK has only got better and better,they have a very strong program. I make it a point to keep up with all their games, I'm impressed.

If CAK is so strong, then why won't they play Catholic, since they have a strong rivalry in basketball, it would make since to play them in football. Do they play Webb in football?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheila, I enjoyed talking with you last season about Powell, CAK, and Webb. I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, but if you're serious, I'm dissappointed with the "evil in it's midst" comment. Rather than some veiled reference, if you've got something to say let's hear about this evil.

I do not think God takes sides in a football game. It was a response to a pompous comment from a CAK poster.

Saying that God was the reason CAK defeated Cloudland could lead to Grace winning more.

I do not think God takes sides in a football game. It was a response to a pompous comment from a CAK poster.

Saying that God was the reason CAK defeated Cloudland could lead to Grace winning more.

Oh yeah? After reading this whole thing over again, I sure hope youre not referring to me as the "pompous" CAK poster? The only one who really mentioned God was pujo and I know hes not from CAK, so... enlighten us Sheila, please.

Shelia, its my belief that God deals with individual in all walks of life, he can use a Football game or a serom on Sunday morning. The lesson could have been to humble someone or a number of things. I do belive God had a purpose that night. I remember the game really well and there was several things out of the norm that happened that night.

Maybe if we take the five best players off of each team in the region we can build up our own recruited team and actually be able to hang with Grace.

It's only a matter of time before no 1A school in east TN. will be able to beat them if they keep getting quality transfers each and EVERY year.

Thats my main problem with privates playing publics , in the last 6 years I have seen 2 Quality transfers come into Cosby , and that many or less into each of the other public schools in the region yet somehow Grace gets 5-6 EVERY YEAR.

Maybe if we take the five best players off of each team in the region we can build up our own recruited team and actually be able to hang with Grace.

It's only a matter of time before no 1A school in east TN. will be able to beat them if they keep getting quality transfers each and EVERY year.

Thats my main problem with privates playing publics , in the last 6 years I have seen 2 Quality transfers come into Cosby , and that many or less into each of the other public schools in the region yet somehow Grace gets 5-6 EVERY YEAR.

Maybe Cosby just isnt that good of a school...

Maybe Cosby just isnt that good of a school...

Top 10 % in test scores among all public schools in the state nearly every year , Top 5% a couple of years back. Very competitive in all sports except for the new Soccer programs which are not bad to only be a couple years old. We have plenty to offer we just dont go out and promote it in order to recruit athletes.

Top 10 % in test scores among all public schools in the state nearly every year , Top 5% a couple of years back. Very competitive in all sports except for the new Soccer programs which are not bad to only be a couple years old. We have plenty to offer we just dont go out and promote it in order to recruit athletes.

I'm going to need some documentation on that test scores fact. And dont you think the words "very competitive" may be a stretch? Come on oldeagle, i'll give you basketball, one of the best programs in the state year in and year out but you and I both know that "very competitive in all sports except soccer" is a HUGE stretch.

Actually, transfers are not an issue exclusive to privates at all. All you have to do is read the 1a-3a and the 4a-5a boards on this site to see that it is very much an issue with publics too. In my area, we see it every year in Knox and Blount counties. Frankly, I'm surprised how few transfers that effect athletics I see at the private my kids attend. By the way, how many athletes will attend Grace or CAK or other privates simply because of where they live and where they are zoned? Zero. There is no question that privates have some advantages, but they have a number of disadvantages as far as fielding a competitive team as well. It is by no means all up-side. There is no reason you can't compete with Grace or other privates. Look at the dynasty Alcoa has produced in 2A, and with the multiplier that privates have, a quality football program can certainly compete. IMO, you are selling your team short to say they can't compete with a private. Just my opinion.

Yes, CAK and Webb started playing each other again last year. Webb won last years' game in a surprise blowout.

Suprise? They (Webb) were the defending state champions, (in the past) they've beaten schools like Austin East, Powell, West. Why would that be a surprise? Why won't CAK play Catholic? They used to play.

Suprise? They (Webb) were the defending state champions, (in the past) they've beaten schools like Austin East, Powell, West. Why would that be a surprise? Why won't CAK play Catholic? They used to play.

It's a no win situation for the Irish. I don't think it would be or would have been a close game for the past few years. Catholic has matched up very well with Alcoa in scrimmages the past few years and has handled AE and Fulton along with Webb. The CAK vs. Catholic game should be a huge gate for the home school. CAK has a few players that would match up ok but depth isn't even close.