Best QB in Blount Co.

Tom142

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB has a pair of QB fighting it out (Burton and Witt). Both throw it well and WB will throw a lot. Shame you didnt include them in your introduction. Who will be the starter at Heritage?

As for best in the county right this second I would go with James strictly on playing time alone and he has one start under his belt.(Spring Hill '07).

WB has a pair of QB fighting it out (Burton and Witt). Both throw it well and WB will throw a lot. Shame you didnt include them in your introduction. Who will be the starter at Heritage?

As for best in the county right this second I would go with James strictly on playing time alone and he has one start under his belt.(Spring Hill '07).

For Heritage, at least at the start of the season, senior Chase Boruff will get the nod at QB. However, look for sophomore Patrick West to find some playing time as well.

James does have the most experience but he didnt start spring hill, Cobb did. James came in during the 2nd quarter. He has look great over alcoas scrimmages. Which ever qb wins the job at maryville will no doubt be great under the direction of quarles. If I have heard correct, the qb at heritage this up coming season was set to be soph tyler hartley who has since transferred to alcoa and is working behind james, tallant and sharp.

Young is certainly a "dark horse" who could make a huge splash on the Blount County / East Tennessee scene this year. He certainly has the "genes" ... his daddy still is either at the top or close to the top of many of the qb records at Ole Miss.

Lately, I've been hearing that senior Zane Winders is back in the qb mix at MHS as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see more of GQ's "two-headed monster" at qb ... or possible even a "three-headed creature" with Chamberlain.

Witt and Burton at WB are in a situation where they could pile up some yardage. Darren Garner is very capable of catching a 3 yd swing pass and turning it into a 70 yard td. With Don Cope lining up on the other side, you've got two constant threats to break big plays ... plus you've got another couple of junior burners and a senior with a great set of hands.

Can't share much about the Heritage situation except that once again, with a back like Cermak , a lot of short passes can turn into big gains real quick.

I'd have to agree that James is as close to being a "proven entity" as any other qb in the county this year and with Thompson and Robinson as his two primary targets, plus scores of other athletes, he could very well end up being your first team "All Blount County" qb by season's end.

Right now , too early ... too much unknown ... to tell. I hope that all four school's qbs will have great seasons.

I would definitely say Burton is better than Whit right now. He throws a much tighter spiral and a bigger arm. Whit still has the troubles that dropped him to 4th string at Alcoa. A year in the weight room will help.

Young is certainly a "dark horse" who could make a huge splash on the Blount County / East Tennessee scene this year. He certainly has the "genes" ... his daddy still is either at the top or close to the top of many of the qb records at Ole Miss.

Lately, I've been hearing that senior Zane Winders is back in the qb mix at MHS as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see more of GQ's "two-headed monster" at qb ... or possible even a "three-headed creature" with Chamberlain.

Witt and Burton at WB are in a situation where they could pile up some yardage. Darren Garner is very capable of catching a 3 yd swing pass and turning it into a 70 yard td. With Don Cope lining up on the other side, you've got two constant threats to break big plays ... plus you've got another couple of junior burners and a senior with a great set of hands.

Can't share much about the Heritage situation except that once again, with a back like Cermak , a lot of short passes can turn into big gains real quick.

I'd have to agree that James is as close to being a "proven entity" as any other qb in the county this year and with Thompson and Robinson as his two primary targets, plus scores of other athletes, he could very well end up being your first team "All Blount County" qb by season's end.

Right now , too early ... too much unknown ... to tell. I hope that all four school's qbs will have great seasons.

your right govman with four newbies too much is unknown but it should be interesting this year in blount county

Rumor mill material......... It's Eulings (SP) job at Maryville if he will step up and take it.....otherwise Mark Young

What rumor mill have you been hearing that from? Or did you get hit a little too hard calling from behind the plate at M.L.L /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />