Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

Was it GC? He's tolerated an awful lot from certain players in the past. Maybe he's getting less tolerable in his older age. Attaboy GC! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats what I was told,I guess it will be strange for Tom Throp to be calling the DB games this year.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DB, a Halls fan here! Looking forward to the trip up and seeing your new field. A quick review of Halls for those of you going:

- Many are calling this the slowest Halls team ever . I don't agree with that, but I will say we will miss the speed of our WR Dayton (#1), and Kitts (#12). Although we don't have any real fast players, I feel overall team speed is pretty good.

- Offensive line is supposed to be solid, although one of our best lineman (#66) is working his way back into the lineup. (He missed a week of two a days, and went to the church that had two members killed on Sunday. Was actually friends with one of them, so missed additional time. He starts both ways for us.).He will play, but we don't have alot of depth that will start right now.

- Defense should be improved, but the lack of speed may show up. Expect to see some solid hits, as this defense makes up for lack of speed with some toughness. However, I expect to see some long runs against us.

- Hope we can give you some comp, and I pray that no one gets injured. Look forward to seeing your star running back!

- After the scrimmage, could someone give me your opinion of this years Halls team. Thanks!!

Hey DB, a Halls fan here! Looking forward to the trip up and seeing your new field. A quick review of Halls for those of you going:

- Many are calling this the slowest Halls team ever . I don't agree with that, but I will say we will miss the speed of our WR Dayton (#1), and Kitts (#12). Although we don't have any real fast players, I feel overall team speed is pretty good.

- Offensive line is supposed to be solid, although one of our best lineman (#66) is working his way back into the lineup. (He missed a week of two a days, and went to the church that had two members killed on Sunday. Was actually friends with one of them, so missed additional time. He starts both ways for us.).He will play, but we don't have alot of depth that will start right now.

- Defense should be improved, but the lack of speed may show up. Expect to see some solid hits, as this defense makes up for lack of speed with some toughness. However, I expect to see some long runs against us.

- Hope we can give you some comp, and I pray that no one gets injured. Look forward to seeing your star running back!

- After the scrimmage, could someone give me your opinion of this years Halls team. Thanks!!

I just today heard from a friend that is very close to the Halls program that you guys have a pretty strong team this year. I will be interesting to see how the scirmmage goes.

We would appreciate some thoughts and opinions from the Halls folks regarding this years version of the Indians.

Halls Looked alright. They did alot of things right and a couple things wrong, that wing-t is pretty hard to defend. I look foward to seing Halls compete with Maryville I think if they continue to get better they could have a shot

All you DBers must still be watchin the band.

Here's my two cents. This was no contest!!! Halls has some big boys don't get me wrong but they are severely handicapped at the skilled positions. DB on the other hand looked good to me. Not great but good with the potential to grow and get much better real soon. Big and strong up front with the down lineman on both sides but from what I could see today not much depth. QB #10 has dangerous feet but his arm isn't much of a threat. He would much rather run the "Curt Phillips" than pass or pitch to his teammates. QB #4 has a MUCH better arm but is not nearly as mobile. One playmaker at receiver (Sylvester) although the Edward's kid has big potential to be a dangerous weapon at 6' 9". Now lets talk about Chris. No doubt a superb athlete, but in my opinion not a D1 HB. With his style of running (hardcore north and South running to daylight) he looks more like a FB to me. He will do very well at this level because if his line gets him out of the box it would take some big ones for a DB the size of the ones he will face to take him on alone. Put it this way... he IS NOT going to run around you!!! But it's a different story at the D1 level. He needs much work on reading the lanes and even more on his lateral movement judging from what I saw today...and I was a little late. He has breakaway speed and is a handful for even the biggest lineman to bring down unless good technique is used (bring the ankles together). With his style of running, 20 pounds could bring D1 interest. Sylvester is elusive, sees his lanes well but isn't one to take much physical punishment. In other words look for him to break more ankles than tackles. Overall I think this years team has the potential to do even better than last years team. Biggest problem with this team is going to be depth. There will be allot of players going both ways.

I don't know much yet about the Vikings other than WE easily have the premier RB in this area... and that's without a doubt now that I've seen Chris!!!!!!

One more note, Chris is going to do well this year I have no doubt...BUT...he is in no way in the same class as Soloman of last years SHHS...that is not yet.

Here's my two cents. This was no contest!!! Halls has some big boys don't get me wrong but they are severely handicapped at the skilled positions. DB on the other hand looked good to me. Not great but good with the potential to grow and get much better real soon. Big and strong up front with the down lineman on both sides but from what I could see today not much depth. QB #10 has dangerous feet but his arm isn't much of a threat. He would much rather run the "Curt Phillips" than pass or pitch to his teammates. QB #4 has a MUCH better arm but is not nearly as mobile. One playmaker at receiver (Sylvester) although the Edward's kid has big potential to be a dangerous weapon at 6' 9". Now lets talk about Chris. No doubt a superb athlete, but in my opinion not a D1 HB. With his style of running (hardcore north and South running to daylight) he looks more like a FB to me. He will do very well at this level because if his line gets him out of the box it would take some big ones for a DB the size of the ones he will face to take him on alone. Put it this way... he IS NOT going to run around you!!! But it's a different story at the D1 level. He needs much work on reading the lanes and even more on his lateral movement judging from what I saw today...and I was a little late. He has breakaway speed and is a handful for even the biggest lineman to bring down unless good technique is used (bring the ankles together). With his style of running, 20 pounds could bring D1 interest. Sylvester is elusive, sees his lanes well but isn't one to take much physical punishment. In other words look for him to break more ankles than tackles. Overall I think this years team has the potential to do even better than last years team. Biggest problem with this team is going to be depth. There will be allot of players going both ways.

I don't know much yet about the Vikings other than WE easily have the premier RB in this area... and that's without a doubt now that I've seen Chris!!!!!!

One more note, Chris is going to do well this year I have no doubt...BUT...he is in no way in the same class as Soloman of last years SHHS...that is not yet.

Yep...............That was worth about two cents /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good solid observation. I can't wait to see him to know how far off the mark you are. I had to get a word in before the Indian nation started crying.

i would just like to say that you arent right you had some good points but not all there

.......... chris is not the best running back in the area YET bacause he is still just a sophmore dont forget that and solomon was a good running back(and dont forget chris ran up and down on science hill) he science hill offense didnt give him enough oppurtunity to showcase his ability so he is out of the running and the tenn high kid hasnt even proved himself yet so as of right now i would have to say chris although he is just going to mature and get better as he gets older and chris can make people miss in the open but he is strong enough to take on anyone on the field

I guess time will tell. We'll talk after the game and see if you are right. What is your backs name?