Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

The comment from cap1 that DB didn't have the depth really surprised me. With 3 different QBs and 5 or 6 running backs and 4 or 5 receivers I'm with Teepee on he must to have been at a different scrimmage.QB # 10 did throw an interception but he also showed he could throw the long ball any time he needs to .We probably won't have to pass against TN High anyway.yeh yeh yeh. DB has alot of weapons.It was only a scrimmage.Throw in the big kid from The Hill, Ashlon I believe is his name and you have got a machine in the making IMO.

I'm assuming he was talking about the kind of depth that can go into the game and replace the player like clockwork, not missing a beat. TN High should have 4 QB's unless one has quit or left to play at another school, but only two of them should be ready to start. Are these 6 running backs and 5 receivers Josef Throp and Coty Sensabaugh type players? If so, that's a state championship quality team. If they have that much depth, then they can run a platoon system rather than playing the same 15 or so players the entire game.

I haven't seen Chris Sensabaugh in person. I watched him in the Farragut game last year and he was the second best runningback in that game. But in all fairness, he was facing one of the toughest defenses in the state and the opposing team's offense had an awesome athlete by the name of Andre Sterling. The name Sensabaugh tells you that this kid will be a great player. If it's taking 3 or 4 players to tackle him on every play then I believe he has surpassed Duannah. I'll wait to make that judgment until I see him person.

From what little I've seen of Chris Sensabaugh, it's difficult to compare him to Keenan Shepard. Shepard is on the smaller side and is more of a speed-oriented running back. Sensabaugh appears to a power runner, like Cap said. Shepard and King have the speed to break several plays for touchdowns as long as they can hold on to the ball and evade defenders. Due to their size I don't see them running players over.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today from a Hill supporter that Ashlon left the football team for personal reasons.If he does indeed show up at DB like the rumor,the kid will be an impact player.He does have talent.There is plenty of time to get adjusted if GC likes him.Hate to see a senior not play if he really wants to.

Can he play football at DB this year at all, since he is coming from SH to DB ?

If you move school districts with your parents you do not loose any playing time, if you dont move and just change schools ,DB to North for example, you have to sit out for one year due to TSSAA ruling

He is relatively fast and yes, he is a good basketball player. I only saw him play football in one SHHS scrimmage and of course in the SSHS vl SSHS game at Death Valley and he dropped quite a few balls. However, the QB was mostly to blame. He was definately not up to Jamie's level. As well, with many Seniors there is a major difference in ability between the Junior and Senior year. Sometimes so much that people wonder where they came from. So I would say for a 3 sport athlete to leave his home in his Senior year there must be trouble in paradise. And I wouldn't necessarily base his ability on his Junior experience at the Island. I feel badly for a young man who is out to pasture in his banner year but DB will benefit nontheless.

Jessee Alley from his Junior to senior year was an amazing transition. His junior year he was nothing special, and his senior year he was amazing

I'm assuming he was talking about the kind of depth that can go into the game and replace the player like clockwork, not missing a beat. TN High should have 4 QB's unless one has quit or left to play at another school, but only two of them should be ready to start. Are these 6 running backs and 5 receivers Josef Throp and Coty Sensabaugh type players? If so, that's a state championship quality team. If they have that much depth, then they can run a platoon system rather than playing the same 15 or so players the entire game.

I haven't seen Chris Sensabaugh in person. I watched him in the Farragut game last year and he was the second best runningback in that game. But in all fairness, he was facing one of the toughest defenses in the state and the opposing team's offense had an awesome athlete by the name of Andre Sterling. The name Sensabaugh tells you that this kid will be a great player. If it's taking 3 or 4 players to tackle him on every play then I believe he has surpassed Duannah. I'll wait to make that judgment until I see him person.

From what little I've seen of Chris Sensabaugh, it's difficult to compare him to Keenan Shepard. Shepard is on the smaller side and is more of a speed-oriented running back. Sensabaugh appears to a power runner, like Cap said. Shepard and King have the speed to break several plays for touchdowns as long as they can hold on to the ball and evade defenders. Due to their size I don't see them running players over.

Did not see the game but saw that Halls ran the wing T and that the consensus was that DB "won" the scrimmage. Why am I not surprised? Unless you have blazing speed (no one in NET) you cannot run the wing T against the Watson blitz package. His package is made to eat this offense up. THS can win this game if they go with a heavy formation and give the ball to Shepard 30 times. The best chance for offensive success is to run right at DB; not laterally. Ask W-B (06,07), Farragut (07), Bearden(07), Karns (?), South (05), THS (07).

i would just like to say that you arent right you had some good points but not all there

.......... chris is not the best running back in the area YET bacause he is still just a sophmore dont forget that and solomon was a good running back(and dont forget chris ran up and down on science hill) he science hill offense didnt give him enough oppurtunity to showcase his ability so he is out of the running and the tenn high kid hasnt even proved himself yet so as of right now i would have to say chris although he is just going to mature and get better as he gets older and chris can make people miss in the open but he is strong enough to take on anyone on the field

The name of the THS kid is Keenan Shepard and he didn't get his first start last year (as a sophomore) until late in the season with four regular season game left partially due to a turf toe injury and mainly because our starter Jeff Baker suffered a hip injury in the North game and couldn't play. In his day view he rushed for 215 yards on 21 carries with 4 TDs. He followed it up with 188 yards and 3 TDs vs Elizabethton, 99 yards on 14 carries vs Central, and 214 yards and 2 TDs vs SOUTH. I don't know about you but that goes a long way in PROVING yourself in my book! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did not see the game but saw that Halls ran the wing T and that the consensus was that DB "won" the scrimmage. Why am I not surprised? Unless you have blazing speed (no one in NET) you cannot run the wing T against the Watson blitz package. His package is made to eat this offense up. THS can win this game if they go with a heavy formation and give the ball to Shepard 30 times. The best chance for offensive success is to run right at DB; not laterally. Ask W-B (06,07), Farragut (07), Bearden(07), Karns (?), South (05), THS (07).

I have to disagree. The 06,07 loss to W-B and the 07 loss to Bearden, was due to a lack of offense, not Watson's defense. The Karns game was a fluke and everybody knows it, Farragut in 07 was just the better team and nobody had the answer for Sterling all year. South only had 6 points in a loss to DB in 06 and I think THS only had 9 points in a loss to DB in 07. Maybe you have better examples?

The name of the THS kid is Keenan Shepard and he didn't get his first start last year (as a sophomore) until late in the season with four regular season game left partially due to a turf toe injury and mainly because our starter Jeff Baker suffered a hip injury in the North game and couldn't play. In his day view he rushed for 215 yards on 21 carries with 4 TDs. He followed it up with 188 yards and 3 TDs vs Elizabethton, 99 yards on 14 carries vs Central, and 214 yards and 2 TDs vs SOUTH. I don't know about you but that goes a long way in PROVING yourself in my book! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OK, your guy is the best.

I think you watched a different scrimmage than I did. I saw Chris consistently run over 3 to 4 players on almost every play and usually picked up five yards or more after initial contact. He is especially dangerous when he gets up a head of steam, almost impossible to bring down. I don't know the kid from Bristol but if he is in the same class as Chris, I will be very surprised. Remember the Sensabaugh bloodline of great athletes. But while I wasn't surprised by him, I was pleasantly surprised by the defensive line of the Tribe. I can recall at least 6 sacks of the Halls quarterback and when he wasn't being sacked, he was running for his life. I saw Crawford make one bad decision on the interception play in which it looked like he threw it straight to the defender. Not quite sure what happened there. The secondary did give up a couple of big plays that they shouldn't have. The corners and safetys let the guy run right past them on a couple sideline patterns and simply outrun them to the endzone. But I am sure the defensive coaches are working on that. I'm excited about this year and am expecting another Big East championship.

ROLL TRIBE!!!

Well...I think you read a different post than the one I wrote because you just hammered home my point about his style of running being more consistent with a FB more so than a HB. When Chris broke the long run and broke into open field the Halls safety had at least 5 yards and a good angle on him and it was mainly just the two of them at that point. Instead of reversing field or trying to elude the tackler Chris slowed up and TRUCKED him in typical big back (FB) fashion. As far as the defense goes DB handled Halls when the 1st team D was on the field. It was the second team defensive backs that struggled IMO... proving my other point of depth. There was a major drop when the fist teamers weren't on the field. That was my point.

If you move school districts with your parents you do not loose any playing time, if you dont move and just change schools ,DB to North for example, you have to sit out for one year due to TSSAA ruling

Jessee Alley from his Junior to senior year was an amazing transition. His junior year he was nothing special, and his senior year he was amazing

How is the Throp kid being allowed to play at North this year?

Well...I think you read a different post than the one I wrote because you just hammered home my point about his style of running being more consistent with a FB more so than a HB. When Chris broke the long run and broke into open field the Halls safety had at least 5 yards and a good angle on him and it was mainly just the two of them at that point. Instead of reversing field or trying to elude the tackler Chris slowed up and TRUCKED him in typical big back (FB) fashion. As far as the defense goes DB handled Halls when the 1st team D was on the field. It was the second team defensive backs that struggled IMO... proving my other point of depth. There was a major drop when the fist teamers weren't on the field. That was my point.

Ok, your right. DB has no depth, and Chris runs like a fullback. We're prety much screwed.

The comment from cap1 that DB didn't have the depth really surprised me. With 3 different QBs and 5 or 6 running backs and 4 or 5 receivers I'm with Teepee on he must to have been at a different scrimmage.QB # 10 did throw an interception but he also showed he could throw the long ball any time he needs to .We probably won't have to pass against TN High anyway.yeh yeh yeh. DB has alot of weapons.It was only a scrimmage.Throw in the big kid from The Hill, Ashlon I believe is his name and you have got a machine in the making IMO.

Having NUMBERS and having DEPTH are two totally different things. Judging from your post you may want to read that about three or four times and it might make sense to ya. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And about adding the "big kid from The Hill", I will leave you for this quote to ponder..."Everything that looks like Sugar aint always Sweet". Ashlon is easily one of the top 5 over all athletes this side of Memphis when you take into consideration his physical size and athletic ability. But SH is letting him go (without a doubt shifting the balance of power in basketball if things should work out IMO) to their biggest competitor without much of a fight. And I leave you with that to figure it out. I would do my homework before I get too excited.

Having NUMBERS and having DEPTH are two totally different things. Judging from your post you may want to read that about three or four times and it might make sense to ya. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And about adding the "big kid from The Hill", I will leave you for this quote to ponder..."Everything that looks like Sugar aint always Sweet". Ashlon is easily one of the top 5 over all athletes this side of Memphis when you take into consideration his physical size and athletic ability. But SH is letting him go (without a doubt shifting the balance of power in basketball if things should work out IMO) to their biggest competitor without much of a fight. And I leave you with that to figure it out. I would do my homework before I get too excited.

Good point Cap. Some of these DBers that are getting moist over this transfer are the same ones that were preaching how they didn't want quitters on their team a few days ago. Funny how the opinions change.......