ensworth

overseascoach

Well i agree, with the """offering a boy financial aid to play sports at any DII school as long as it is done within the rules of the TSSAA, so all the DII schools are operating on a level playing field"""" i was just wondering why certain kids are givin that chance and others are notSO WITH THAT I AM gonna give up on this and start worrying bout the games as kickoff starts in bout 5 hrs RWOOD vs Pasture-

i wish all OF YOU TO HAVE A GREAT SEASON, BE BLESSED WITH NO INJURIES AND most of all we can diagree all we want but one thing is for sure our love of high school football--- so again Good luck to all teams and please can either MBA or BA play maryville to shut those people up once and for all

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that question the value of a private school education this is the 2008 matriculation list for Montgomery Bell Academy.

Sewanee, Belmont, University of Tennessee, University of Georgia, Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt, Samford, Middlebury, Auburn, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Rhodes, Washington & Lee, New York University, University of North Carolina, Alabama, Brevard, Southern Methodist University, Belmont Abbey, Miami University, Cumberland University, Kenyon, Howard, Northwestern, Columbia University, University of Virginia, Furman, Bowdoin, College of Charleston, Virginia Tech, Boston University, Stanford, University of Florida, Whittier, University of Mississippi, Cornell, Fordham, University of Texas, Tulane, University of Denver, Yale & Eckerd

Often times MBA had more than one student attending the same college or university. While we may not be a fan of private schools we all must understand that this is a very strong list that no public and few private schools in the nation would be able to compete with. Take a close look at the number of Ivy League schools and top tier schools that the graduates will be attending this Fall.

Ensworth does have a load of talented skill players that will help keep them competitive over the next couple of years. There achilles (spelling?) heel, however, will be there offensive line. They lack size for the most part up front with the exception of one or two new arrivals. Depth also is a concern. If one or two big men up front go down they will really be hurting. It is hard for a team to run as much as Ensworth does if they do not have any help up front in the trenches. Although their backs will make up for this keeping them in the hunt for a state title.

surprisingly size is not a big factor for Ensworth this year. Some linemen that will start... 6'2- 250, 5'10-260, 5'10-230 (bench- 370), 6'5-315, 6'2 250 and then there are others that range from about 210 to 240

Am I the only one who finds it frightening that a 240 lb. teenager is considered lacking in size?

First off, Ensworth's starting OL is a bit exaggerated by the previous poster. Some of those sizes are precise, but all those sizes do not match up with the "starting lineup". The starting lineup will be those who exemplify the best technique, knowledge, and "guts". Coach Caudill can get a 210 lb lineman to whoop a 275 lb lineman by using sound fundamentals. Heights and weights don't mean a whole lot in high school.

Since so many on here are talking about MBA in recent posts, what about the face of their defense evacuating the West End campus. We are talking about the man whom the press box is named after (yes, you MBA English students, I know I am not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but I don't care). Anyway, the two guys that really made the MBA defense what it was last season in their run are now working on Granny White. Goodness gracious. I haven't seen MBA in any scrimmages this pre-season. Does anybody know what they look like, particularly the defense? I know we won't find out tomorrow night - because Antioch won't be smart enough to take advantage of weaknesses - or will be smart enough but won't have the discipline required to execute the cerebral part of the game (either way).

On the note ya'll keep talking about, I am happy as heck that privates give the kids - that are willing to work their butts off - the opportunity to pursue endeavors on a higher level. Metro schools are terrible - academically. Williamson County schools are okay - okay enough that I'd send my kids there. However, the point that ya'll are talking about is this: Several (hundreds) of great athletes visit and try to get in just about every DII private school every year. MOST of them do not get in anywhere, and they remain at their public school. They must score well on scholastic tests, and they must show the work ethic that will provide them the foundation to not only pass - but do well - academically in a private school. Private schools have a much broader curriculum than public schools, which requires a greater allocation of abilities and a greater desire of exploration in order to survive the culture of a private school. Contrary to myths, private schools are not GOD - which means their "grace" is not sufficient for all. What this means is that an inability to adapt to the culture and expectations of "most" private schools in the middle Tennessee area will result in expulsion, regardless of the "on-field" accolades. Die-hard public school advocates will never agree with this but it is simply because they do not know or they are suffering through the chagrin of not being able or willing to send their kids to a private school. Again, this does not mean I oppose public school education. I think the Williamson county schools are worthy of my own children's attendance; which is why I am not a private school hater, because I have reviewed all the details. However, if I lived in Davidson county, I would do everything in my power to send my child to a private school; whether it is CPA, FRA, MBA, Ensworth, BA, etc. I would carefully look at each of them, pray, and determine the best choice possible.

Dog gone, I went off and talked like ya'll on and on about something that has nothing to do with football. Ya'll pulled me in - dang ya'll, ha ha.

For those that question the value of a private school education this is the 2008 matriculation list for Montgomery Bell Academy.

Sewanee, Belmont, University of Tennessee, University of Georgia, Washington University in St. Louis, Vanderbilt, Samford, Middlebury, Auburn, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Rhodes, Washington & Lee, New York University, University of North Carolina, Alabama, Brevard, Southern Methodist University, Belmont Abbey, Miami University, Cumberland University, Kenyon, Howard, Northwestern, Columbia University, University of Virginia, Furman, Bowdoin, College of Charleston, Virginia Tech, Boston University, Stanford, University of Florida, Whittier, University of Mississippi, Cornell, Fordham, University of Texas, Tulane, University of Denver, Yale & Eckerd

Often times MBA had more than one student attending the same college or university. While we may not be a fan of private schools we all must understand that this is a very strong list that no public and few private schools in the nation would be able to compete with. Take a close look at the number of Ivy League schools and top tier schools that the graduates will be attending this Fall.

yes great schools but Notre Dame is mssing LOL.....

Do you think if those individuals had been attending Brentwood High, Ravenwood, etc, in the Nashville area they wouldn't have gone to those schools or equivalents?

Do you think if those individuals had been attending Brentwood High, Ravenwood, etc, in the Nashville area they wouldn't have gone to those schools or equivalents?

I have no idea where the MBA class of 2008 would have decided to attend college if they had graduated from Ravenwood or Brentwood. What I do know is that the expectations of the school, students and parents/family are very high for the MBA students. At most prep schools (private schools and prep schools are not the same) everyone works very hard as a group to get the students to attend the schools with the highest academic reputation in the nation. I am not sure that any public schools have the resources and staff to navigate the rough seas to get ALL of their students into schools like Montgomery Bell Academy did for the class of 2008. Let's be very clear on one particular subject. Now that the students have been given the option to attend these great academic institutions the ball is in their hands to make the most of a wonderful opportunity. Some of the students will climb the highest mountains while others will stay at base camp and watch their classmates achieve great things. The only common factor is that they all have been given the academic tools to climb the mountain and it is now up to those graduates as to how they use that education.

I have no idea where the MBA class of 2008 would have decided to attend college if they had graduated from Ravenwood or Brentwood. What I do know is that the expectations of the school, students and parents/family are very high for the MBA students. At most prep schools (private schools and prep schools are not the same) everyone works very hard as a group to get the students to attend the schools with the highest academic reputation in the nation. I am not sure that any public schools have the resources and staff to navigate to rough seas to get ALL of their students into schools like Montgomery Bell Academy did for the class of 2008. Let's be very clear on one particular subject. Now that the students have been give the optition to attend these great academic institutions the ball is in their hands to make the most of a wonderful opportunity. Some of the students will climb the highest mountains while others will stay at base camp and watch their classmates acheive great things. The only common factor is that they all have been given the academic tools to climb the mountain and it is now up to those graduates as to how they use that education.

http://finance.yahoo.com/college-education...t-Colleges-2009

yeah if i paid 18,000 a year i would expect the staff to get my child into some of the finer colleges. You dont think that at Brentwood or Ravenwood they have high expectations?