Dobyns-Bennett vs Maryville Tuesday @ Carson Newman

FootballMania

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources jest told me tha scorr was 21-0 Mairvul....When the Rebs started subbin'.....Quarterbackin' wuz much bettur fer tha Rebs....D-B mooved tha bawl sum.... but haid turnover problums....Alcouh drilled Oak Gridge....28-0.....

Must have been bad. I look for William Blount to take DB in a couple of weeks.

My sources jest told me tha scorr was 21-0 Mairvul....When the Rebs started subbin'.....Quarterbackin' wuz much bettur fer tha Rebs....D-B mooved tha bawl sum.... but haid turnover problums....Alcouh drilled Oak Gridge....28-0.....

U'ovr thur in Alcouh spy'n fur GQ? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

U'ovr thur in Alcouh spy'n fur GQ? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

BeeCee one uv my darters haz a boyfriend on tha Tornada teem....She wuz thair wif hur seecret moovie camra.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DB didnt really wake up til after maryville put 2 scores on them, but from what i saw DB's offense moved the ball pretty well against the 1st stringers but two costly turnovers kept us from scoring, one of those was a CS fumble at the goal line after a very good drive, needs to learn to get a little lower in goal line situations, and the other was by Crawford at around maryvilles 35, made a good run, did a spin move and looked like the defender put his head right on the ball and knocked it out but this came after another long DB drive. But overall i wouldnt say our offense was all that bad, DB sputtered some but we did move the ball against a good team. Stat wise i would say CS prob. ran for around 70 yards or so,ran hard and plowed some ppl along the way, Crawford ran the ball great on the options i would guess he was around 100 yards rushing during the scrimmage and scored our only td with the 1st team O, looked decent throwin the ball but room to improve, the O line struggled a bit i thought but maryville did have a big strong Dline. Just to add Ashlon Adams saw limited action and his first play was a td pass from roop that was called back, he also had another grab, hes gonna look good opposite side of slyvester.

Now DB's 1st team defense i thought looked a lil rusty, maybe just an off night, but maryville was bustin big runs anytime they wanted on us, watson was as fired up as ive ever seen him down there on the sideline, DB looked like they had never seen an option be4, there were plenty of missed tackles, ppl out of position, and a couple blown coverages ( I just dk about these 2 soph. corners ) one resulting in a td pass. Looked like they were tryin out #40 at right OLB and he was out of position a couple times that hurt, but honestly its not like we got our butts whooped but i still see plenty to improve on to get ready for TN high. Anyone else that was there add more into detail.

Must have been bad. I look for William Blount to take DB in a couple of weeks.

I'm worried about Alcoa taking down Maryville in a couple of weeks! Wildcats were whipped at the kick-off! I left with three minutes to go in the 1st quarter- it was already 21-0. The Tornadoes started with drives of 80, 60 and 25.

Touchdowns scored thru the air, two to Thompson and one to Robinson. Oakridge went 3 and out, then threw an interception. I think they were -20 yards after two possessions.

Chase James was a little slow releasing the ball, but he made the right reads. OR only stopped them on one play in all three possessions. They ran, they passed, they did whatever they wanted!

Hey, where's all the DB posters. Seems rather quiet on the threads!