William Blount vs Sevier County

GovMan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does Greenback have a better offense than Sevier County? Greenback scored 13 points in less than five minutes and it was their varsity. Cole Lail is not JV. I think Sevier County will take this one easy.

Would love for this to be so but unless SC's offense has been playing opossum this summer and WB's defense has suddenly forgotten how to line up it ain't happening. I still believe it will be a close, low scoring game and wouldn't be surprised by at least one defensive score by either team.

Is WB getting any healthier? Are they still going to run the spread like they did with all of their teams last year (Frosh, JV, Varsity)? With Garner out who are the playmakers we should look for? Please tell me there aren't any Walker boys with any eligibility left and that you have a mere mortal punting this year!

Is WB getting any healthier? Are they still going to run the spread like they did with all of their teams last year (Frosh, JV, Varsity)? With Garner out who are the playmakers we should look for? Please tell me there aren't any Walker boys with any eligibility left and that you have a mere mortal punting this year!

Hey SCBear

WB is getting a few players back this week. Far from healthy but better. So far it been all spread. Wouldn't change horses in the middle of the stream if I was the coach. We are fresh out of Walkers but there is a sophmore prototype of TJ in the making. As far as punting goes we will miss Kase. At the same time I believe the "Thundering Herd" fans will grow to love him. We have a young punter who impressed me at the Anderson County scrimmage. With some hard work I think he could be a very good punter. He is still not battle tested or had to kick out of his own endzone but "experience is something you don't get till right after you need it" according to "Charlie" from a Farm Burea commercial. Anyway maybe we can hold the Bears to less than a hundred......... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Have a safe trip down....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

will any of the injured quarterbacks be back for the Ooltewah game?

I don't think so PRIMETIME OWL. I just hope our young QB matures very quickly. I've been reading your teams threads. Sounds like your loaded.....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

PS: Do you OWLFANATIC. Haven't posted this year.We talked a little last year. Seemed like a great person even though they were a BAMA fan............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Would love for this to be so but unless SC's offense has been playing opossum this summer and WB's defense has suddenly forgotten how to line up it ain't happening. I still believe it will be a close, low scoring game and wouldn't be surprised by at least one defensive score by either team.

you make a great point about the defense scoring. It might come down to which team is able to create points from their defense and/or special teams. We still have a healthty Don Cope who will return punts and likely kickoffs with garner out. He is a great WR and a shut down one-on-one defender.

I don't think so PRIMETIME OWL. I just hope our young QB matures very quickly. I've been reading your teams threads. Sounds like your loaded.....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

PS: Do you OWLFANATIC. Haven't posted this year.We talked a little last year. Seemed like a great person even though they were a BAMA fan............. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i havent seen owlfanatic either, you never know about them bama fans. you guys have had no luck in the injury department. as for the owls, the defense is definatly the strength. the front four can get after a quarterback pretty good. we finally have size in the secondary, corners are both 6'2 safetys are 6'0 or taller. we have an excellent recieveing core this year. with #6 gino norwood 6'2( best play maker) , #8 sammy seamster 6'2 (4.3 40), and added #4 johny myricks 6'1(current 100 meter state champ in track) and cory flanders 6'0 (great athlete). excited about the season, good luck to the govs

Stars ... if you're lurking out there anywhere, can you please double-check my math on that 124 projection for Sevier County. I know you're good at those type things ... what with that Alnwick education and all.

Lets sea Gov-Man......13 times 4 iz....12...lay down tha too....carry tha 1....1 times 4 iz........uh.......uh.....4....... add tha 1 carried ovur frum tha 3 times 4 ....which leeves us wif.......25.......Eye meen 52......Can tha Guvs scorr 53??????......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

you make a great point about the defense scoring. It might come down to which team is able to create points from their defense and/or special teams. We still have a healthty Don Cope who will return punts and likely kickoffs with garner out. He is a great WR and a shut down one-on-one defender.

Well actually ... we don't have a "completely healthy" Don Cope. Don't want to share too much, but the truth is ... Don will not be at 100%. Don't panic ... he'll play, but he's banged up.

So who is going to take the field tomorrow night? Right know I am so confused about who is injured and who is not. It seems like every time I get on here someone else is hurt. Are they going to include the Middle School roster with the Varsity in the program? I mean that's what it feels like we are down too. I think we need to do what UCLA is doing in practice and play 2-hand touch.

Go Govs!

Please! No one get hurt during walk through today! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So who is going to take the field tomorrow night? Right know I am so confused about who is injured and who is not. It seems like every time I get on here someone else is hurt. Are they going to include the Middle School roster with the Varsity in the program? I mean that's what it feels like we are down too. I think we need to do what UCLA is doing in practice and play 2-hand touch.

Go Govs!

Please! No one get hurt during walk through today! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We are not sure but you and Govman be sure to bring your cleats.................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If worse come to worse we'll put you'all on the field ........... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

We are not sure but you and Govman be sure to bring your cleats.................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If worse come to worse we'll put you'all on the field ........... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Tea Pool jest crank up Gov-Man's big ole speekers.....Ort two be wirth 4 points..... Gov-Man sounds good ovur at Harold Kidd's wif 'em cranked up!!!!!:thumb: