William Blount vs Sevier County

GovMan

To all William Blount and Sevier County players and fans, good luck tomorrow, /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . We in Kingsport will be paying attention to your outcome tomorrow night, /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Gov fans, I look forward to chatting with you in the coming week. I must mention also, I believe you to have the most difficult schedule in the state!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not sure but you and Govman be sure to bring your cleats.................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If worse come to worse we'll put you'all on the field ........... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Do they make "slip-on" cleats? I don't think I could bend over to tie them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Do they make "slip-on" cleats? I don't think I could bend over to tie them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

GovMan

Just bring-em. If we need you I'll tie-em.......

You got them big speakers ready? The field is painted and we're waiting on you. "Ain't it great to be alive and be in Tennessee" ???

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Sorry guys, a little off the subject but an interesting article never the less. Link to update on Kase Whitehead

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/topsports/200808210173

Getting closer and closer to first game of the year and I can't wait. This rivalry between the Govs and the Smoky Bears has developed into a good one. Not sure if this will be the last year for it in regular season or not, but these two teams have played some exciting games the past few years--both regular season and play-offs.

So I haven't been seeing a lot about this year's Sevier County team. What can we expect?

WB will have the home field advantage, but they'll also be fielding a lot of young and inexperienced talent. Plus, there's the qb situation, with the two guys who were battling for the starting spot both out with injuries. If star rb/receiver Garner is forced to play quarterback, he'll certainly be a weapon ... but I'm sure the coaches would prefer him to be able to be the dangerous double threat he is when he's lining up at rb.

I'm excited about getting to see the Gov defense take the field. I think this year's "d" is going to be special.

Any Sevier County folks out there? What do we have to look forward to?

GovMan

Just bring-em. If we need you I'll tie-em.......

You got them big speakers ready? The field is painted and we're waiting on you. "Ain't it great to be alive and be in Tennessee" ???

tpoole12

GO GOVS

My little buddy on the Southerners thinks Big D hung the moon. Thanks for the props and good luck tonight. Go GOVS!

My little buddy on the Southerners thinks Big D hung the moon. Thanks for the props and good luck tonight. Go GOVS!

Hello my friend.

You take care of our little buddy. He is a great kid. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kids like him don't come around everyday. Wish there was more like him. Well how's the Southerners looking? Are you all loaded? Don't give me no Lou Holtz talk..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Gameday.......finally! Sticking with my initial gut feeling which tells me it will be a low scoring, defensive struggle. Assuming that both offenses will struggle I believe the better defense will be the deciding factor which gives WB a slight edge IMO.

Govs - 16

Bears - 10

First post here but before anyone says who cares your a Tiger, keep in mind that I played for Coach Brewer at Sevier County.

My initial impression of the Smoky Bears was not a good one, just based on the channel 8 segment that they had showing all the local teams. Reason that I said that was one of the players reactions to being asked about last years 3-7 record and he responded "Well I hope we can win atleast 4 games". That type of attitude will kill you as a football team and player. With that said I think the Govs will roll all over the Smoky Bears...

I don't know much, but I do know that this has turned into a pretty solid rivalry over the past few years. I've heard that WB has had a couple of setbacks in the pre-season, but here's to hoping for the best.

Go Govs!

"We'll march on to victory. We'll do it if we try. So fight, fight, fight for the Governors, the pride of William Blount High!"