Cumberland County Football Cancelled

badblood

The B.O.E of Cumberland County Canceled school athletics starting Monday.No Football at any level.No practice either.

Until the get the money they need to run schools there will be no school either.

The B.O.E of Cumberland County Canceled school athletics starting Monday.No Football at any level.No practice either.

Until the get the money they need to run schools there will be no school either.

And yes that means Stone Memorial too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in this world would a county with all the rich retirement communities and the golf capital of Tennessee not have the money to run their school system???

Why in this world would a county with all the rich retirement communities and the golf capital of Tennessee not have the money to run their school system???

Which is why you don't have a lot of retirees move to your community. Lots of retirees = no money or interest in schools.

Why isnt this being broadcasted on the news? This would be a huge story. I'm not buying it. Something doesnt sound right. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see...

Go to www.1025wowcountry.com and read the news it was 830pm when the meeting was over.The elementary Jamboree will be played tomorrow but as of Monday all school programs are canceled until a budget is passed

This has got to be an embarassing situation for the fine folks in Cumberland County. I can understand their anger and frustration. McMinn County just ousted two incumbent school board members in Thursday night's election because they wouldn't listen to concerns of citizens. I would suggest Cumberland County residents to speak their voice at the voting polls.

Typical political ploy. This happens every year.

It is definitely a political ploy, but it does nothing but hurt the already struggling athletics in Cumberland County.

If no practice how are these teams supposed to be prepared when and if they do resume the season. They want the community to get in an uproar to make the commisioners pass the budget. The coaches will be the ones to pay because both football teams are struggling if they don't have success this year its possible both jobs will be open, but they are not given the opportunity to prepare their teams with the no practice allowed and the season 13 days away.

I just saw the story on the channel 5 news. There is some validity to badbloods claim however they did not use the word cancel in the story. The word postpone was used. Theres a big difference between cancel and postpone. I knew something didnt sound right. Cumberland County will get it together and there will be football in 2008.

Typical political ploy. This happens every year.

You are right on Antwon. The school board does this to fire up the parents to pressure the County into funding the way they want it funded. It is like taking sports hostage to get the ransom{budget the school board wants}. They sometimes take bus service hostage.