4a vs. 5a; Greeneville vs. Jefferson County; Week 0

DevilFan77

Wow, things must have changed among the old IMAC teams since I lived there. I moved out of that area in the mid nineties. I went to a Patriot-Devil game at Burley Stadium once. Jeff County was way up and we left. We were at the Nolichucky Bridge heading back to Newport when we turned on the radio and the game was tied. We got back to the stadium in time for the second overtime. If I'm not mistaken, the Green Devils won by one.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you say that greenville will win by six touchdowns, is there something I am missing?

Apparently, what you missed was the scrimmage.

I hope JC is better---no, much better---than they looked on 8/1. I haven't seen G-ville, but know what they have returning from last yr. I believe G-ville must have looked good vs TN HI--from what I read, and I know what TN HI has.

How can you say that greenville will win by six touchdowns, is there something I am missing?

In all due respect you used to have a storied program. And yes, Christian McFall has statewide notariety and it may not be a picture of things to come, but (again, in all due respect) you couldn't get past the handoff (and sometimes not that far) against Sullivan South. Yes, our D returns 9 starters and our O is Turbocharged but Greeneville will be no different. You do not have the personell to run the Vier. I stated this earlier in the Jeff County/South scrimmage thread that the best talent I saw on the field that day at Carson Newman for Jeff was #16. I don't know very much at all about your team and I don't know your politics but I think his name was Denton and he is a natural drop back passer. Your posters scoffed at the notion that I thought he was good. We are talking about an outside point of view here. And I understand the game of football. Your people said he could not run the Vier because he wasn't fast enough. From what I saw you won't be running much of anything anyway. There are two kinds of coaches...program coaches and talent coaches. Your coach is obviously a program coach. He will run his dogmatic Offense and if you want to play at Jeff County then you will learn to run it also...otherwise you won't be playing.

All I'm saying is that in a different O (a passing O) the Denton kid might surprise some people with his arm. South is a quick strike, spread option high powered canon. They have another D1 QB with quality WR's and a power pack for a backfield along with a D1 recruit on the OL. Greenevelle will be a carbon copy of Sullivan South.

I hope you can get your act together by the beginning of the season and I have people telling me you always come together just before the bullets fly and that you will not be the same team South scrimmaged and I hope so because I'm telling you that Greeneville is a machine.

We did enjoy scrimmaging you and your people were very respectful. It says alot about a program when the parents are hospitable. Good Luck with your season as I will follow you to see how you pull together.

In all due respect you used to have a storied program. And yes, Christian McFall has statewide notariety and it may not be a picture of things to come, but (again, in all due respect) you couldn't get past the handoff (and sometimes not that far) against Sullivan South. Yes, our D returns 9 starters and our O is Turbocharged but Greeneville will be no different. You do not have the personell to run the Vier. I stated this earlier in the Jeff County/South scrimmage thread that the best talent I saw on the field that day at Carson Newman for Jeff was #16. I don't know very much at all about your team and I don't know your politics but I think his name was Denton and he is a natural drop back passer. Your posters scoffed at the notion that I thought he was good. We are talking about an outside point of view here. And I understand the game of football. Your people said he could not run the Vier because he wasn't fast enough. From what I saw you won't be running much of anything anyway. There are two kinds of coaches...program coaches and talent coaches. Your coach is obviously a program coach. He will run his dogmatic Offense and if you want to play at Jeff County then you will learn to run it also...otherwise you won't be playing.

All I'm saying is that in a different O (a passing O) the Denton kid might surprise some people with his arm. South is a quick strike, spread option high powered canon. They have another D1 QB with quality WR's and a power pack for a backfield along with a D1 recruit on the OL. Greenevelle will be a carbon copy of Sullivan South.

I hope you can get your act together by the beginning of the season and I have people telling me you always come together just before the bullets fly and that you will not be the same team South scrimmaged and I hope so because I'm telling you that Greeneville is a machine.

We did enjoy scrimmaging you and your people were very respectful. It says alot about a program when the parents are hospitable. Good Luck with your season as I will follow you to see how you pull together.

I`m trying my best to stay away from coaching discussions, but here goes

As long as "echo's of the past" are running the offense at JC, any kind of high powered passing attack, or high powered offense in general will never exist no matter if talent is there or not. When your offensive philosophy is steeped in the late 1980's, where you try to pound the other team into submission, odds are you offense is not going to be very high flying or high powered. The problem is not the veer, CN won a NC and had as high powered of an offense(both passing and rushing) as you'll ever see. The problem is trying to run the 1980's veer in 2008 when your opposition runs a high powered offense like the spread and puts up a lot of points, it puts you at a real disadvantage. The fact that we're not even running the 1980's veer very well is another matter all together.

This should be a great game! Greeneville's O should be one of the best in this area. The way i see it the Off. is way ahead of the D. They are returning pretty much everyone except a few linemen. If they let jordan spread the o out this could be a great team to watch. I really think he has the possibility of a 2000yds through the air and atleast 500 on the ground. He has come along ways with his maturity and he has stepped up as a big time leader. The defense will grow as mccurry lights the fire underneath them. Jefferson county should have the edge on defense as of now but mcfall at qb,thats a toss-up.

The field is about 95% completed just a few loose ends here and there.

Guess its bout time for my 2 cents..... unless the Pats have gotten better than in last years tilt, Greeneville will have their way with them...they are much bigger on the line and are returning a lot of talent (and added some). JC better be ready to stop the run or Barner, Hall and Greenway (who's beefed up to 205) will likely put up 5 or 6 TD's . I like Greeneville by 3 TD's.

Look forward to seeing you all and showing off our new rug!!

Guess its bout time for my 2 cents..... unless the Pats have gotten better than in last years tilt, Greeneville will have their way with them...they are much bigger on the line and are returning a lot of talent (and added some). JC better be ready to stop the run or Barner, Hall and Greenway (who's beefed up to 205) will likely put up 5 or 6 TD's . I like Greeneville by 3 TD's.

good post It will be a tough game. I don't believe Jeff's Coaches and players looked past us last year, but their fans sure did. I pick GHS by about 2 TDs.

I look forward to seeing the new rug Greeneville has. I am sure it is a thing of beauty.

I just found this website the other day and wanted to chat some football, but I have a question. I have talked to some of Jeff Co's coaches and have heard on several occasions about how a few of the plays that Jeff Co runs the most are exactly the same as some of CN's favorite plays. If this is true, do they not run the same "2008 Veer"? Also many of the pass plays that Jeff Co runs are the exact ones that CN runs, or so I'm told, I do not know that much about it, just what I am told. JC4Life, whats the difference, I'm curious, maybe you can help me. I want to try to learn all you guys know about the Veer that they should be running. Thanks, I'm trying to figure out this game a little better since I am not from around here and have never played.