Top Posters In This Topic

2007: Maryville 42 Alcoa 14

2006: Maryville 17 Alcoa 14

2005: Maryville 41 Alcoa 21

2004: Maryville 31 Alcoa 18

2003: Maryville 23 Alcoa 0

2002: Maryville 56 Alcoa 14

2001: Maryville 45 Alcoa 14

Since 2001, Maryville has outscored Alcoa on average by 23 points a game. Thats a little over 3 TD's. Alcoa hasnt scored more than 3 TD's against Maryville since 1993, when Maryville went (5-5) Ive been following this rivalry since i first heard about what a big deal it is. And on this blog everyone is talking about this explosive Alcoa offense and how they have all the weapons in place this year. But didnt Alcoa have the likes of Dustin Lindsey, Brandon Warren, Kyrus Lanxter,Martin White, Joei Fiegler, Randall Cobb, and Rae Sykes during those years? Those are some pretty big names, and all of them were All Staters. Of course, Maryville has their fair share of state selections but not big names like the ones above. I'm not biased one way or the other on who i want to win, all im saying is that Alcoa needs to step it up and play some football and not be intimidated against Maryville. So far Maryville has the bluff going on Alcoa and have been taking care of business year in and year out. Ill be there on friday, hoping that some sort of rivalry can be brought back into this game, because the last 7 years its been all Maryville, all the way.

Prediction: Maryville 31 Alcoa 14

I can understand your feelings about this game.....and honestly, I do not know how good the Alcoa coach was that lost those games....But I know how good Rankin is and he should bring some of his state experience and discipline with him to a team that has a ton of talent.

2007: Maryville 42 Alcoa 14

2006: Maryville 17 Alcoa 14

2005: Maryville 41 Alcoa 21

2004: Maryville 31 Alcoa 18

2003: Maryville 23 Alcoa 0

2002: Maryville 56 Alcoa 14

2001: Maryville 45 Alcoa 14

Since 2001, Maryville has outscored Alcoa on average by 23 points a game. Thats a little over 3 TD's. Alcoa hasnt scored more than 3 TD's against Maryville since 1993, when Maryville went (5-5) Ive been following this rivalry since i first heard about what a big deal it is. And on this blog everyone is talking about this explosive Alcoa offense and how they have all the weapons in place this year. But didnt Alcoa have the likes of Dustin Lindsey, Brandon Warren, Kyrus Lanxter,Martin White, Joei Fiegler, Randall Cobb, and Rae Sykes during those years? Those are some pretty big names, and all of them were All Staters. Of course, Maryville has their fair share of state selections but not big names like the ones above. I'm not biased one way or the other on who i want to win, all im saying is that Alcoa needs to step it up and play some football and not be intimidated against Maryville. So far Maryville has the bluff going on Alcoa and have been taking care of business year in and year out. Ill be there on friday, hoping that some sort of rivalry can be brought back into this game, because the last 7 years its been all Maryville, all the way.

Prediction: Maryville 31 Alcoa 14

The difference this year is that Alcoa finally has some depth. You have to remember that an average graduating class at Alcoa only has approx. 85-90 kids...total! Maryville has 400+ in each class. That makes for a big difference in available athletes. The typical Alcoa player lines it up on both sides of the ball and that takes a toll. This, however, is THE YEAR! Alcoa 31 Maryville 30.

IM GOING WITH MARYVILLE ON THIS ONE..... I WATCHED THEM PLAY LAST YEAR.......... AND BESIDES THEY ARE LIKE 177-0.... HAHA

I hope that streak ends on Friday but its going to take a great effort. For one you know Maryville will play great. That's their style, in big games they step up. They seem like they always make the right plays at the right time. Alcoa has to believe they can win, in order to win. If there is any doubt, we will lose. For some crazy reason, I believe Alcoa has a great chance to win. Last year I knew it was a mismatch and told quite a few people we would get beat 2 to 3 td's. If Alcoa gets off to a good start Friday, we will win. The first quarter in this game will be critical for both teams. If Maryville gets up on Alcoa then its ooh no here we go again(ROUTINE). If Alcoa gets up on Maryville early then, they also might get a little tight with the 61 game winning streak. It will be very interesting. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What's up Rebel Ron and Skibo and everybody else!! it's that time of year again and I've got a weird feeling about this one. I don't know why and I'm still trying to figure it out but this one is gonna be closer than the 2000 game. Should come down to a last second field goal with Brodus kicking a 40 yarder to win 24-21! hahahahhaha Just a thought! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />