AE vs. Webb

boyfromsi

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw both teams play in the Jamboree... my two cents.

Clearly AE has athletes all over the field at every position. Their QB seemed a little indecisive throwing at times but when he ran or pitched the offense looked pretty strong with a TB that was quick and got the edge easily. AE's defense looked very strong and fast. Not sure about their secondary but shouldn't be tested against Webb since they don't throw it much.

Webb's offense seemed out of sorts against a Karns team that lost to Lenoir City this past Friday. It appeared to me that Webb's O-line really struggled against Karns. AE's D-line will be stronger and more athletic than Karns for sure. Webb's defense looked pretty good overall against Karns but they didn't see the speed that AE will present.

The way I see it... AE has the athletes & speed, Webb has the coaching and discipline along with a handful of skill position athletes that have above average speed. The key to this game will be in the trenches. Unless Webb's O-line has made significant improvement since the Jamboree, AE will have the advantage and win this one unless they turn it over a bunch.

Well, I know the players and coaches over at AE are taking this game serious.. They have lost to Webb the last 2 years so all these predictions don't mean anything as of now.. However, come Friday, I think the Roadrunners will Take Care of Business and prevail over the Spartans of Webb.....

Well since everyone is taking A.E. i will take Webb. Webb has won the past 3 years (05, 06, 07) not that it has anything to do with this year, but Ill say it will be close but i really dont know what to expect. Webb has young, but talented backs and appears to have a good defense, so who nows, A.E. is always dangerous.