The Streak will end with Alcoa

UCSportsFan

Dont know much about Alcoa's program but I expect them to give Maryville all they want. Maryville looked as if they were just going through the motions on Friday night vs. Halls up until the 4th quarter. If they can play like they did in the 4th then I would expect Alcoa to come up short. Alcoa can not get caught up in trying to break the win streak of Maryville and they need to just play football. This game is all about momentum and intensity. Good luck to both.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a no go. He said there still is a chance of rain and Ms. BOH won't let him go if he can't turn a dollar! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Everybody on for lunch tomorrow?

Roll call at high noon!

Solly, where you been all week?

I'm in! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Cheezy...yeah, perhaps.

I think it is best reserved for home.

Why you got a knife and fork on your post?

There ain't gonna be no pie eating contest up there Friday night, big man.

Maybe he's going to eat the big helmet....with mustand on'it?! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Maybe he's going to eat the big helmet....with mustand on'it?! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

He was hoping for an invite to BOH /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

ok ok, that wasn't called for............I'm leaving now............................. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

What time do the gates open? Heritage is not playing and WB is out of town, so getting a seat will be impossible if you don't get in early.

I plan on tailgating in the front yard of a house right across Broadway from the Skeeterdome and rolling in shortly before kickoff. Of course I have 8 season tickets. I think the gates usually open around 5:00.

Dont know much about Alcoa's program but I expect them to give Maryville all they want. Maryville looked as if they were just going through the motions on Friday night vs. Halls up until the 4th quarter. If they can play like they did in the 4th then I would expect Alcoa to come up short. Alcoa can not get caught up in trying to break the win streak of Maryville and they need to just play football. This game is all about momentum and intensity. Good luck to both.

And BOOMER SOONER to you.

It's a no go. He said there still is a chance of rain and Ms. BOH won't let him go if he can't turn a dollar! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Everybody on for lunch tomorrow?

Roll call at high noon!

Solly, where you been all week?

It's like a 10% chance!!!!! Boo!!!!!!!!!

I've been layin' low and pretty much laughing at everything. Don't worry, I've been around.

Don't know if I can do lunch tomorrow or not. As of now, not 100% sure I'll be at the game.

It's like a 10% chance!!!!! Boo!!!!!!!!!

I've been layin' low and pretty much laughing at everything. Don't worry, I've been around.

Don't know if I can do lunch tomorrow or not. As of now, not 100% sure I'll be at the game.

Sol, you nailed it last week so I gots-to-know your prediction. We may just ride on your wave all year. You have had a week to think about it so now its time to ante up. Do not cop out. Time to put it on the line. If you have already posted it in the last two days then I missed it because I was in Maryville at Coach Campbell's funeral. By the way stopped by the school yesterday and spent some time with Principle Mike Casteel. He was very gracious to invite me down. Also got a chance to watch the team practice. It was 80's day at Maryville and I asked one of my old teachers how come the kids have not changed since I was there. The joke was on me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sol, you nailed it last week so I gots-to-know your prediction. We may just ride on your wave all year. You have had a week to think about it so now its time to ante up. Do not cop out. Time to put it on the line. If you have already posted it in the last two days then I missed it because I was in Maryville at Coach Campbell's funeral. By the way stopped by the school yesterday and spent some time with Principle Mike Casteel. He was very gracious to invite me down. Also got a chance to watch the team practice. It was 80's day at Maryville and I asked one of my old teachers how come the kids have not changed since I was there. The joke was on me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Check back tomorrow before lunch. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well, I just can't believe how much the pace of this thread has slowed with the gate opening just a little more than 24 hours away...

I've gone back and forth this week in what I think is going to take place Friday night. After last week, I've worried about the Rebels going into a game more than I have in a very long time. All last season I kept saying that I thought Maryville was down a little bit, but last week I went so far as to say "Maryville looks BAAAD!"

So, if Alcoa is going to beat MHS, I think this is the year to do it...and particularly the time of year to do it as this team still seems to be searching for its identity and its leadership.

Having said that, I can't quite bring myself to pick against the Rebels for a few reasons:

1. Recent history - Maryville just keeps winning this matchup even when Alcoa has amazingly talented teams. The MHS players "expect" to win while (no matter how confident the fans or the players there's no way to really challenge this) the Alcoa folks have to have at least a little bit of doubt as to whether they can win.

2. Coaching - This is closer than in years past, but how can you pick against GQ?

3. Motivation - All MHS is hearing EVERYWHERE is that this is the year...that would get me fired up...

I actually think homefield plays against the Rebels a little bit, since it puts the pressure on them...as if carrying around that big 0 in the L column wasn't pressure enough. Nonetheless, I can't think of a good reason to pick Alcoa. I'm sure they are a great team. I'm sure they'll win 2A again, but when it all boils down to it I'm not certain that this AHS team is that much better or that this MHS is that much worse from the 2 teams that squared off last year and didn't look like a very close matchup.

MHS - 21

AHS - 14

It was 80's day at Maryville and I asked one of my old teachers how come the kids have not changed since I was there. The joke was on me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard there were some very inventive '80's outfits. My daughter told me about two of her friends (boys) that dressed in '80's looking basketball uniforms complete with short shorts. I believe Jim Rome refers to the shorts as "nutters", but I won't-because I don't think that language is appropriate for the "T." /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />