CENTENNIAL vs. PAGE

CHS 2007

I stayed quite on this board because there was a lot of smack going on, but you know, after tonight, the only thing that was smacked was the Kitty at CHS. The freshman who talked about 35 - 0 and how it would be devastating if Page scored, well, what do you think now??? This was a great win! One that Jack Daniels can hang his hat on! Jack has these boys thinking that they can do anything. These guys may lose several games this year, but not because they lack heart or desire. The Patriots are 2 - 0!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hats off to Page ya'll played a great first half that proved to be enough to hang on for the W. Neel tore us apart the first half and the combo of Lankford and #45 really hurt us early on.

So, congratulations on winning the game. The way ya'll played you deserved it.

Now on to Bulldog:

How can you say that Centennial had no answer to anything Page did? Does scoring 22 points (15 of which came in the fourth quarter) and shutting down your offense in the second half holding them to zero points not qualify as answering? Sure we came up one play away from winning it but honestly man! Give credit where credit is due. Centennial played their guts out that fourth quarter and nearly pulled off the biggest comeback in their history. Sure I was disappointed that we lost but when my team broke post game huddle we applauded our players for giving it their all. Down 28-7 going into half; chances of coming back from 21 points isn't a high percentage. The fact that they cut the lead to 6 is an answer by itself and they managed to get the ball back with a minute left. I remember now why we never got along. You have little to no respect for other posters opinions and apparently none for a team that almost made a miraculous comeback. Good thing I dont have to deal with you the rest of the season.

So Centennial lost this game. To quote Lifsey (assistant principal at page formerly from CHS) and what he told Raymond after the game: The game doesn't really matter. It's regionals that matter. Go and take down the regional teams next week.

Bring it on Indy...

Now alot of you guys have bantered with me alot before, and alot can attest I rarely lose my cool on this forum. But let me just say, the display by the Page crowd after the game was 100%, Grade-A, Lack of Class. From the two kids who ran onto the field with flags and started taunting the CHS players, to he group of people blocking and taunting CHS cars on the way out. Page has complained about the bad rap their fans get for lack of class, prime example right there. Oh, and whoever #13 is, please tell him to find me and try to taunt the fans again. Let's see how tough and cocky he is when he's saying it straight to someone's face.

On to the game, Page definitely was the better team tonight. They executed well and besides from a few miscues played smart the whole game. Blake Neel was nothing short of spectacular, despite looking hurt throughout the game. Zoosee and I were talking and agreed that Neel really resembles Dave Thomas, someone who can play strong at almost every position on the field. He is definitely a kid to watch out for this season.

Centennial doomed themselves from the start with bad mistakes. CHS gave Page great field position in the first quarter with bad turnovers and stupid penalties. Alot of defensive miscues led to guys getting extra yardage and that was the difference on some drives. And although Scales did have two beautiful TD passes, his two interceptions (especially the last one) turned out to be gamechangers. Hopefully this will improve in the coming weeks

Overall it was an extremely fun game to watch. Congratulations again to Page, you guys definitely deserved the win tonight.

Now on to Bulldog:

How can you say that Centennial had no answer to anything Page did? Does scoring 22 points (15 of which came in the fourth quarter) and shutting down your offense in the second half holding them to zero points not qualify as answering? Sure we came up one play away from winning it but honestly man! Give credit where credit is due. Centennial played their guts out that fourth quarter and nearly pulled off the biggest comeback in their history. Sure I was disappointed that we lost but when my team broke post game huddle we applauded our players for giving it their all. Down 28-7 going into half; chances of coming back from 21 points isn't a high percentage. The fact that they cut the lead to 6 is an answer by itself and they managed to get the ball back with a minute left. I remember now why we never got along. You have little to no respect for other posters opinions and apparently none for a team that almost made a miraculous comeback. Good thing I dont have to deal with you the rest of the season.

OK Zoosee, let's try this one again....were you watching the same game? Centennial had 3 plays, count them 3! They scored on all 3, no long sustained drives, no clock running thrillers, 3 plays! And the flag for an illegal shift at the end of the game, come on, really, I would have expected that in Marshall County, not in Franklin! 3 plays does not make an answer. You guys were bigger, faster and much deeper, but, you just got beat. 3 plays!

Now alot of you guys have bantered with me alot before, and alot can attest I rarely lose my cool on this forum. But let me just say, the display by the Page crowd after the game was 100%, Grade-A, Lack of Class. From the two kids who ran onto the field with flags and started taunting the CHS players, to he group of people blocking and taunting CHS cars on the way out. Page has complained about the bad rap their fans get for lack of class, prime example right there. Oh, and whoever #13 is, please tell him to find me and try to taunt the fans again. Let's see how tough and cocky he is when he's saying it straight to someone's face.

Now CHS 2007, you guys are not really going to be teaching anyone about CLASS any time soon, are you???? Chalk the taunting up to stupid teenager exuberance, but come on, when it comes to class, CHS has a long way to go.

I only watched the game....you need to watch the replay. Centennial had 3 plays.....yes 3 plays that got them back into the game. I saw nothing but yellow hankies stop Page tonight and a few of them were ??? well.... Daniels did a masterful job of running the clock and trying to conserve the energy of our undersize weaker slower players. Centennial did not run all over Page. When you watch the replay, you will see that when Daniels put Neel into action...you rarely had an answer for him. History repeated itself in that another hyped Scales could not beat the Pats.

I am only pointing out the obvious. I will give credit to Centennial for NOT quitting. They had no chance...that coach was livid. Centennial did not have ONE single sustained drive.

zoosie...I only retorted to your posts....you guys could not back it up.

Remember we have come a long way from beating Brentwood's Jv to beating you tonight.

I don't know how the Page fans acted...I do know in 2002 that a Centennial coach and players ran over some small kids and Page fans when they won and flashed gang signs and gave everyone the finger.......naturally that causes hard feelings...but the bottom line is that you let an obviously overmatched team outwork and outcoach your team....the fact that we are a 3a team makes it worse. We didn't play smart at times and gave too many big plays.....but if you think that rallying for 2 TD's against a 3a school is a masterful comeback....go ask Coach M and see what he thinks. I live in the Centennial zone now and some of my neighbors were just plain sick tonight.

I post my responses....you guys never respect anything...ok...we got the W

I am very surprised and shocked not only by the effort but the win. Page wins!!

it doesnt matter if it was long drawn out drives

we had 9 minutes to go in the 4th

we couldnt afford long drawn out time killing drives

3 plays, 3 scores

those are answers regardless of what you say

and I know Coach Matykiewicz and i know that he is very proud of how they played that final quarter

he'll use it as a momentum push going into Indy

and brandon you obviously werent at the game so get off the boards

I hope this loss doesn't doom Centennial to another 3-7 season. This was a game that they clearly overlooked on their schedule and Page took it to them. Nobody's going to give Centennial an inch in region 6-5A...I certainly hope they bring it with more intensity next week at Independence or they'll get thumped like they did in 2006. I'm rooting for Coach Mat because he's a great guy and I hope he gets this program to the level it should've been at years ago, but it's clear that CHS has a long way to go.

As far as Page, it looks like Jack Daniels is working his magic yet again in the county. The Patriots are 2-0 for the first time since 2000. I think a big factor here was that Page scrimmaged Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Indy in the off-season, a move that looks like it paid off. Congrats to PHS...good luck next week against Lipscomb. Your team is playing with a ton of confidence and I think it will give DLHS quite a ball game.

Bulldog you are the man!

With that said Page will be in the playoff hunt come the end of the season. They still stand no chance against Lipscomb but will battle the rest of the region. Neel is a versatile athlete that will carry them a long way(but no Dave Thomas now out at Memphis). This is the best Page team since the days of Jarod Elliot and company.

It's going to be another long season for Centennial. I still believe this is the best Centennial team in recent years but you still haven't caught up to the rest of the big boys in region 6. I would have thought yall could have taken down a Ravenwood or Dickson County type team but the odds are even further against you now. Wins this season should come against NE, Glencliff, and Columbia will be a battle but should pick up one there. Chaz should keep his head held high, he is still a tremendous athlete, just not a QB.