Sad Day For Maryville

STARSNBARS

Coach Jimmy Campbell passed away yesterday.

Coach Campbell was a former baseball, basketball, and AD at Maryville High for many years. Coach was special to all of us and will be greatly missed. Please remember his family in this time of loss and may the Good Lord hold them close during this time.

We love you Coach....... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers to Janice and his family....They are some of the best people I have ever met.

He had a very baseball savvy mind, was around the game I guess his whole life.

He never had anything bad to say about anybody and his business approach was second to none. In my media dealings with him, he always made sure that we had everything we needed to be comfortable and sound halfway intelligent. Sometimes this was hard.

Not to mention his sense of humor was classic!

Fair winds and following seas, Coach Cambell.

APB thanks.

Coach, Jan, a friend of mine, and his wife went to Scotland a few years back. Coach had always wanted to go to check out the old country and play golf there. While golfing there, Coach had a hole in one.

Needless to say, my friend told me you couldn't have knocked that grin off Coach's face with a 20 pound hammer.

He had the driest of dry senses of humor and was a treasure to us all. Even if it did take him 20 or so minutes to answer a simple yes or no question...... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

APB thanks.

Coach, Jan, and a friend of mine and his wife went to Scotland a few years back. Coach had always wanted to go to check out the old country and play golf there. While golfing there, Coach had a hole in one.

Needless to say, my friend told me you couldn't have knocked that grin off Coach's face with a 20 pound hammer.

He had the driest of dry senses of humor and was a treasure to us all. Even if it did take him 20 or so minutes to answer a simple yes or no question...... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That sure was Coach Campbell but I used to love him telling those old stories in that Pennsylvania accent. Heaven just got a little better. Coach was very impactful on my teenage years and continued to be a friend to me as I became a man. Stars could you please post the funeral arrangements when you know them. I live in Nashville and would like to pay my respects properly.

That sure was Coach Campbell but I used to love him telling those old stories in that Pennsylvania accent. Heaven just got a little better. Coach was very impactful on my teenage years and continued to be a friend to me as I became a man. Stars could you please post the funeral arrangements when you know them. I live in Nashville and would like to pay my respects properly.

Arrangements in thedailytimes.com...

please post the funeral arrangements when you know them. I live in Nashville and would like to pay my respects properly.

There will be a memorial service at 5:30pm on Tuesday, August 26 at New Providence Church followed by a celebration of life reception in fellowship hall at the church. The graveside internment will be Tuesday (open to the public), August 26 at Grandview Cemetery at 2pm.

Coach Campbell was one of the greatest men I've ever know. He's coaching from above now!

Didn't get to know "Coach" until later in life. Had the privilege to work with him occasionally doing "Sports Talk." He was such a great man. I remember introducing my wife to him briefly at a Christmas party. From then on, any time I ever saw him, he would always ask "How's Rhonda?" He always remembered her name ... for someone like me who's terrible with names, that always impressed me.

Maryville was blessed to have a man like Coach Campbell to influence their kids. He will be missed.

There will be a memorial service at 5:30pm on Tuesday, August 26 at New Providence Church followed by a celebration of life reception in fellowship hall at the church. The graveside internment will be Tuesday (open to the public), August 26 at Grandview Cemetery at 2pm.

Coach Campbell was one of the greatest men I've ever know. He's coaching from above now!

Thanks oldrebel2. I will be driving up tomorrow to the celebration of life. When my grandfather died we also had a celebration of life service and that's just the way it ought to be. When a person has eternal life then we celebrate that life instead of mourning a death. I am sure there will be some tears and rightfully so but we can also be happy for the times the Lord allowed us access to coach. May God bless his family.