Bearden at West

Batdog

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad, no interest at all from two schools that once had a good rivalry.

I have to agree, a bit. I think back in the 80's when the schools did not play each other for a few seasons, the rivalry fell off. I know for Bearden, Farragut is #1. Due to region standings, DB would be #2, and we love to beat up on Karns.

West has definatley taken the "back burner" role for Bearden. Maybe if we could get 5 or 6 good close games, both teams tradeing off wins, it could put some fire back into it.

I have to agree, a bit. I think back in the 80's when the schools did not play each other for a few seasons, the rivalry fell off. I know for Bearden, Farragut is #1. Due to region standings, DB would be #2, and we love to beat up on Karns.

West has definatley taken the "back burner" role for Bearden. Maybe if we could get 5 or 6 good close games, both teams tradeing off wins, it could put some fire back into it.

Regardless of whatever happens between Bearden and West, Farragut will always be our main rival. No matter whether it is Football, Basketball, baseball, tennis, etc...the Bulldogs vs Admirals will always be the battle of West Knoxville!!!! I remember when I was in school, we would be so fired up and heated for the games and the moment the clock struck 0:00 in the 4th, we would walk over and give each chest bumps and high fives and go have a us an "RC" cola after the game....now we have an "RC" cola, mixed with a our friends Jack and Jim.

Regardless of whatever happens between Bearden and West, Farragut will always be our main rival. No matter whether it is Football, Basketball, baseball, tennis, etc...the Bulldogs vs Admirals will always be the battle of West Knoxville!!!! I remember when I was in school, we would be so fired up and heated for the games and the moment the clock struck 0:00 in the 4th, we would walk over and give each chest bumps and high fives and go have a us an "RC" cola after the game....now we have an "RC" cola, mixed with a our friends Jack and Jim.

LOL..I know what your talking about.. I only had the pleasure of beating Farragut at football, 1 time when, I was at Bearden. But, it is sure a sweet memory.

As far as RC cola...You must be a little older than me. It wasn't very popular with my genoration. I wish, I could say we got Cokes after the game. But, it was the "BEAST" at Benjy's deli for us..That was every Friday and Saturday night.

Now, instead of Benjy's, its the Food City on Middlebrook (old site of Benjy's). Instead of the "BEAST", its Mic. lite.

The one thing that hasn't changed is the love for the Dawgs.

why bother even evaluating this game. if you saw the farragut game, you know west is likely to be beaten by the CBFO super midgets. young team with very few hopes for a decent season. its hard to get up for a blowout, even in a rivalry (former or not) sort of game. bearden is already looking two weeks ahead to the farragut game. that's intensity for you