Bearden at West

Batdog

LOL..I know what your talking about.. I only had the pleasure of beating Farragut at football, 1 time when, I was at Bearden. But, it is sure a sweet memory.

As far as RC cola...You must be a little older than me. It wasn't very popular with my genoration. I wish, I could say we got Cokes after the game. But, it was the "BEAST" at Benjy's deli for us..That was every Friday and Saturday night.

Now, instead of Benjy's, its the Food City on Middlebrook (old site of Benjy's). Instead of the "BEAST", its Mic. lite.

The one thing that hasn't changed is the love for the Dawgs.

I was just kidding about the RC cola...even though my body sometimes feels like I'm getting older every sunday morning after a UT game...love me some CCL!!!! I can't remember Benji's....I always ended up at Toddy's or The Spot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if nobody else is going to defend us....

We had three starting linemen out Friday, and I'm pretty sure that played a big part in not being able to run the ball or even have two seconds to pass, not making excuses because Farragut is good. Our D looked all right for the first few series, but of course..well we know what happened, but I'm pretty sure Bearden doesn't have the running talent or the O-linemen that Farragut has. Didn't Bearden lose 25 Seniors? I believe West lost 22? I'm not going to make a prediction, because the first week's opponents were so different, but I don't think it will be a blowout. By the way the rivalry will most likely "reignite" when the divisions change and there will be a division almost exclusivley for West Knox. schools, heck every game will be a rivalry.

Hey Knoxvegas, Glad to see someone standing up for the W. Like you I certainly can't predict a win over a talented Bearden team but I think the game will be closer than most expect. Your comment on the running back? Not sure but I hear the Young kid from Bearden is quick as a hiccup. That being said if the D gets a hand on him I hear he'll give up the ball faster than he can run. I also expect to see some new faces in some new places for the W tonight. Hopefully the injury situation is clearing up some and that will help alot. In 12 hours we'll have a much better idea of how things will go.

GO W. REBS

Hey Knoxvegas, Glad to see someone standing up for the W. Like you I certainly can't predict a win over a talented Bearden team but I think the game will be closer than most expect. Your comment on the running back? Not sure but I hear the Young kid from Bearden is quick as a hiccup. That being said if the D gets a hand on him I hear he'll give up the ball faster than he can run. I also expect to see some new faces in some new places for the W tonight. Hopefully the injury situation is clearing up some and that will help alot. In 12 hours we'll have a much better idea of how things will go.

GO W. REBS

Not trying to start a big debate. I beleive tonight will be a good game.

But, as far as Devrin being fumble prone.. Nothing can not be further from the true. I have watched and coached this kid since he was 7. He has fumbled in this time, like any RB would. But NOT fumble happy at all.

His mechanics and technique are better than his speed and tallent.

The only rival these two teams have is a location rivalry. Coach Wilson helped the rivalry when he left west to coach at bearden. but bearden being a 5a school and west being a 4a school makes this rivalry null and void.....two different classes.

Last week bearden beat carter which has been a soft team the last few years....heck south doyle beat them last year at carter. And south doyle has been gradually getting better but not top tier 4a school yet.

West lost to Faragut a GREAT 5a team. by far the best team on their schedule this year (and yes that includes maryville!!!) forget if west can beat bearden the better question for you bearden fans is can bearden beat faragut their in your division.

I'm picking West tonight 21-17

Go West High Rebels

The only rival these two teams have is a location rivalry. Coach Wilson helped the rivalry when he left west to coach at bearden. but bearden being a 5a school and west being a 4a school makes this rivalry null and void.....two different classes.

Last week bearden beat carter which has been a soft team the last few years....heck south doyle beat them last year at carter. And south doyle has been gradually getting better but not top tier 4a school yet.

West lost to Faragut a GREAT 5a team. by far the best team on their schedule this year (and yes that includes maryville!!!) forget if west can beat bearden the better question for you bearden fans is can bearden beat faragut their in your division.

I'm picking West tonight 21-17

Go West High Rebels

[/quote

Spoken like someone that has no faith in thier team..

I'd say that was a heck of a hard hitting football game. Tough loss for West. They played there hearts out.

should be "their".

and Admiral Dave, everyone knows that you can throw everything out the window when it comes to a Farragut/Bearden game. Past games in the series don't matter and neither do previous games in the season. I is always a hard game to win, no matter how much better than the other one team is.

should be "their".

and Admiral Dave, everyone knows that you can throw everything out the window when it comes to a Farragut/Bearden game. Past games in the series don't matter and neither do previous games in the season. I is always a hard game to win, no matter how much better than the other one team is.

After that unbearable loss in the post season last year be sure that Farragut is going to utterly destroy Bearden