Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

For the past 15 years this has been The Best Rivalry in East TN Football. The wins have to be about equal both ways.

Oak Ridge is without question Dobyns-Bennett's best Rival.

With the changes coming next season, I hope and expect that DB will have 1 of it's 4 non-District Games be against Oak Ridge in a continuing Home and Away Series. Is the same sentiment with Oak Ridge to continue this Rivalry Game in '09?

Anybody got a report on #32 Sensabaugh and #2 Sylvester?

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past 15 years this has been The Best Rivalry in East TN Football. The wins have to be about equal both ways.

Oak Ridge is without question Dobyns-Bennett's best Rival.

With the changes coming next season, I hope and expect that DB will have 1 of it's 4 non-District Games be against Oak

Ridge in a continuing Home and Away Series. Is the same sentiment with Oak Ridge to continue this Rivalry Game in '09?

Anybody got a report on #32 Sensabaugh and #2 Sylvestor?

Roll Tribe Roll

They are both ready to play as is Edwards.Should be a great game at the Ridge.

Hey dbfan91

I didn't think many people knew about the Oakridge team figuring out DB's radio frequency between the sideline and the press box that year at Oakridge. The Oakridge players kept saying on the field in front of DB's Off. players were going to run this play or that play befor the ball was snapped. The DB's players ran over to the sideline and told Clark that OR knew the plays before they lined up. Clark came up with a good way to tell for sure. He had a call sent down from the pressbox and changed it off mic at the side line. The Ridgers said they knew the play and DB scored a TD. That's got to be a classic moment of a big rivalry. Thats right up with the New England Pats.

THATS RIGHT. CLARK CALLED THE PLAY AND THEN CHANGED IT TO A PASS PLAY TO ADONIS JOHNSON OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. ADONIS LOOKED LIKE HE WAS SHOT OUT OF A CANON.THAT WAS A CLASSIC.I HOPE THIS RIVALRY WILL CONTINUE AFTER THIS YEAR ALSO. I'VE ALSO HEARD WE MIGHT PICK UPTHE SERIES WITH MBA AGAIN PLAYING ONE YEAR AT VANDERBILT STADIUM OR MAYBE A CHATTANOOGA TEAM HOME AND AWAY SERIES. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PICKING UP A REGION 4 TEAM SUCH AS RIVERDALE OR SMYRNA.

After you get past Big Eds pizza we have all the usual hamburger joints and Rubys, Applebees type places. We have sort of a up-scale place on the east end of town on the lake called Flatwaters that's good. If you come in on Pellissipi parkway you will come straight on to restaurant row. And the road it's on runs into the turnpike which after you turn right onto it will take you to the east end of town and the world's famous, most talked about Blankenship Field better known as "The SHIP". Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.

After furthur review unless you get here real early forget Bid EDs but there are a couple of other place in the football field area besides Big ED's, the soup Kitchen is what you'd think and is good and across the street is a sports bar Champs.

Silly me after doing it for 10 years I almost forgot the Tailgate put on by the boosters.

After you get past Big Eds pizza we have all the usual hamburger joints and Rubys, Applebees type places. We have sort of a up-scale place on the east end of town on the lake called Flatwaters that's good. If you come in on Pellissipi parkway you will come straight on to restaurant row. And the road it's on runs into the turnpike which after you turn right onto it will take you to the east end of town and the world's famous, most talked about Blankenship Field better known as "The SHIP". Hope this helps and doesn't confuse.

After furthur review unless you get here real early forget Bid EDs but there are a couple of other place in the football field area besides Big ED's, the soup Kitchen is what you'd think and is good and across the street is a sports bar Champs.

Silly me after doing it for 10 years I almost forgot the Tailgate put on by the boosters.

Thanks bounder for the restaurants ideals!!

Hey dbfan91

I didn't think many people knew about the Oakridge team figuring out DB's radio frequency between the sideline and the press box that year at Oakridge. The Oakridge players kept saying on the field in front of DB's Off. players were going to run this play or that play befor the ball was snapped. The DB's players ran over to the sideline and told Clark that OR knew the plays before they lined up. Clark came up with a good way to tell for sure. He had a call sent down from the pressbox and changed it off mic at the side line. The Ridgers said they knew the play and DB scored a TD. That's got to be a classic moment of a big rivalry. Thats right up with the New England Pats.

What a great story. This series has so many great moments. The Clark gambit on entering the field two years ago at Oak Ridge was hilarious. One of my favorites was a game some years ago at D-B when a highly favored OR team was outplayed and upset by a scrappy Indian group. Fred Powell outplayed All American and Alabama signee Bohanan.

DB's offense is really taking shape. Once Sensabaugh and Sylvester are 100%, to go along with Adams and Steele at WR, and Crawford at QB, they could be, one of if not the, best offensive team Graham Clark has had.

Roll Tribe Roll

D-B will win solidly this week. And they will be off to a 4-0 start when I thought, this Spring, they would be lucky to be .500 at this point in the season. Was I wrong! This appears to be the year the Indians will mount a serious 5 A State Title run. D will always be solid with Watson. The difference this year is a talented, fast offense and a November (bad weather) back. Crawford is much better than advertised and getting better every week. The addition of Adams is a huge difference maker. CS, assuming he can get healthy, will give the Tribe the "Riggs-type" option in bad weather that the Indians have never had. But let's don't get ahead of ourselves. It is just September; D-B has certainly impressed so far this season, however.

Hey somebody tell me more about BIG ED's! How long has it been there, and how late does it stay open? This has got to be one of the best threads so far this year. Two great schools with great history and city pride. This is what High School football is all about, players giving it all for their school and their community,and fans cheering on their team forgeting about their jobs and worries for an all too short two hours.Its AWESOME!!!!! Oh yea and D-B fans havent had to put up with S.S. sissies running their little fingers all over this thread. They're way out classed by these two great schools anyway, and will get their feelings hurt by D-B again courtesy of the TSSAA next year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, PLAY HARD AND DONT GET HURT! ROLL TRIBE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey somebody tell me more about BIG ED's! How long has it been there, and how late does it stay open? This has got to be one of the best threads so far this year. Two great schools with great history and city pride. This is what High School football is all about, players giving it all for their school and their community,and fans cheering on their team forgeting about their jobs and worries for an all too short two hours.Its AWESOME!!!!! Oh yea and D-B fans havent had to put up with S.S. sissies running their little fingers all over this thread. They're way out classed by these two great schools anyway, and will get their feelings hurt by D-B again courtesy of the TSSAA next year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, PLAY HARD AND DONT GET HURT! ROLL TRIBE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why did you have to go and say that about SS, aka, Maryville at Pactolas (M@P)?

Well here's one S.S. Sissy that gives Big Ed's two thumbs up! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It's been there for at least 20 years that I know of. I haven't been to OR in a couple of years but I'd recommend the AMVETS for pre game drinks on the other end of town. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Is the Garden Plaza still in business? Cozy little place for a cold one too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Is the Lifter's Club still in business? Used to lift there some while in college. Ole Rex was a good one. But, seriously, Big Ed's is THE place to go!

Why did you have to go and say that about SS, aka, Maryville at Pactolas (M@P)?

[/quote

What blasphemy!!!!!! Maryville I hope you're reading this!!! ha ha ha ha !! Someone that hasnt beaten a team in over 14 years and have been owned by the other, every time they have played and not in the same universe with either school, degrading the great name of Maryville, to associate it with the wannabe's in Colonial Heights( that we dont want anyway) You have got to be kidding .