Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Oak Ridge had a down year, which I don' know if this team is or not, I can't ever imagine this game being a blowout. Both teams put great athletes on the field. This is by far my favorite regular season game because of the intensity that it is played. I expect the same Friday night.

I agree for several reasons.There is nothing for either team to gain by getting a "big" win in this game.We both will compete to win,but may see each other at a later date,we've been through that before.The biggest factor is that Oak Ridge is ranked in the top 10, and I can't see us just having a cake walk.

WaCoJaCo you may be 100% correct with your ranking but you missed it on this one. Boyfromsi is right on the numbers with this one, GC will play everyone including the cheerleadrs trying to hold he score down.

Dude....I've got Oak Ridge ranked ahead of DB in my rankings. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> (100% correct)

Look up DB vs. Oak Ridge in your history book. That will tell the story. It will be a close game I think and either team can win. Oak Ridge....Blankenship field....Duh!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Your Insane in the Membrain. You over did it in you attempt to install overcofidence in the Indians. At least make it seem possible. This is Oak Ridge and DB we're talking about. Its a home game for Oak Ridge. Get real! I say DB pulls it out with a field goal with less than 30 seconds to go in the game. (I hope)

DB - 23

OR - 21

I wish I were, but if you read my posts from over the years I pretty much call them as I see them. We are not that good right now, but we are getting better, but not good enough for a DB team that I picked as the best of East TN back in the Spring. I still stand by that assessment. Honestly, I would like nothing more than our Cats' to take it to the Tribe and make it a close one. I just don't see it happening.

I wish I were, but if you read my posts from over the years I pretty much call them as I see them. We are not that good right now, but we are getting better, but not good enough for a DB team that I picked as the best of East TN back in the Spring. I still stand by that assessment. Honestly, I would like nothing more than our Cats' to take it to the Tribe and make it a close one. I just don't see it happening.

I'll accept your assessment, but put your argument in game terms for us. Where is Oak Ridge weak? Where is Oak Ridge strong? How do you interpret their victories against Knox Fulton and Bradley Central? What do you believe gives DB the advantage you predict? Thanks in advance.

I hope that Chris is able to start getting back this week.It really doesn't matter for this weeks game,but will help get him ready for the rest of the region wars. Having Bearden stack the box was the best thing that could have happened to our offense last week.We can't run at 8 or 9 up the middle and have a lot of good things happen,nomatter if we had H Walker in the backfield.

I hope that Chris is able to start getting back this week.It really doesn't matter for this weeks game,but will help get him ready for the rest of the region wars. Having Bearden stack the box was the best thing that could have happened to our offense last week.We can't run at 8 or 9 up the middle and have a lot of good things happen,nomatter if we had H Walker in the backfield.

It seems Coach Clark is really trying to establish the run early in the games so far this year. The Tennessee High game didn't open up until we went to the spread, nor did the Bearden game. I understand the point, hope it continues to pay dividends later in the game.

Chris should return to practice this week. I, personally, wouldn't play him this week just to give more time for his elbow to heal before Jefferson Co. I'd let him practice though, just not play.

DBGrad, some of our so called fans that continue to spew negativity take great delight in the fact that Coach Stevens has struggled as our coach. They don't realize the effect the constant bashing has on our kids. They try to say the kids shouldn't be on here reading these posts and not to worry about what they read. Fact is they do read this stuff and it does effect them, they're just kids. Having said that, I agree with boysfromsi, we are not where we want to be right now, but we are getting better. Our first eleven are pretty good, the drop off comes when the twos come in, but they are getting better all the time as well. We don't have the depth right now that we are used to, lots of kids playing ironman footbball. Against a good team like DB, this could be the difference. I know that this team will play hard and will be up for an excellent DB team at the Ship. If we don't help DB alot, like we did two years ago at Blankenship (fumbled snaps, ints etc.), this should be a good ballgame. I think DB is a little better than we are at this point, but the Cats are a work in progress and they difinately won't roll over and should put up a good fight. I love this matchup home and away. I hope all the kids stay healthy and I hope we can meet again in the playoffs on down the line. Good luck Tribe, see you Friday.

P.S. Could somebody tell GC that DB is supposed to take the field first, just kidding.

DBGrad, some of our so called fans that continue to spew negativity take great delight in the fact that Coach Stevens has struggled as our coach. They don't realize the effect the constant bashing has on our kids. They try to say the kids shouldn't be on here reading these posts and not to worry about what they read. Fact is they do read this stuff and it does effect them, they're just kids. Having said that, I agree with boysfromsi, we are not where we want to be right now, but we are getting better. Our first eleven are pretty good, the drop off comes when the twos come in, but they are getting better all the time as well. We don't have the depth right now that we are used to, lots of kids playing ironman footbball. Against a good team like DB, this could be the difference. I know that this team will play hard and will be up for an excellent DB team at the Ship. If we don't help DB alot, like we did two years ago at Blankenship (fumbled snaps, ints etc.), this should be a good ballgame. I think DB is a little better than we are at this point, but the Cats are a work in progress and they difinately won't roll over and should put up a good fight. I love this matchup home and away. I hope all the kids stay healthy and I hope we can meet again in the playoffs on down the line. Good luck Tribe, see you Friday.

P.S. Could somebody tell GC that DB is supposed to take the field first, just kidding.

Your team should have plenty of confidence.Sports writers across the state would favor OR against 90 plus percent of all 5A schools.There's a lot of players that would love to be on a team with those kinds of numbers.This should be a great game.