Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favorite game each and every year. Not so much a J.Fred Johnson in Kingsport, but at Oak Ridge with the good fans we bring on the road, i would'nt miss it for the world. This game is a measuring stick for both teams to see where we stack up in the state. Whether or not one of the two teams are down will not effect the great game we will see.I have been amazed over the years at the talent on the Oak Ridge side with players such as the Coffee boys, Rogers and the Gulimeyer's. The team Oak Ridge had when the younger Gulimeyer boy was a senior QB was about as talented as i have seen in a while.Likewise, Oak Ridge fans can remember the team we had in ( I THINK IT WAS 98) when the "DB radio comm. frequency" took place. Players such as Adonis Johnson #42(running back),Gerald Sensabaugh of the Jacksonville Jaguars #43 and Patrick Ghee of the Washington Redskins were playing for us. We lost in the semi's against Red Bank who had Gerald Riggs Jr.Wow, what a game. I have never seen it rain so hard for so long.That game should not have been played,but having said that,it was a well played game and was not a sloppy mess,but a good game to watch despite the weather. Anyway,good luck to Oak Ridge and to the Indians. This is a very good DB team, and if the offense is run the way it should be, they should have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. I just hope and pray we will get the ball to our play makers all the time.We have many weapons to choose from. Sensabaugh,Sylvester,Adams,Steele and Crawford. Those are the play makers.Their is no reason this team should be stopped. DB fans, keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!

This is my favorite game each and every year. Not so much a J.Fred Johnson in Kingsport, but at Oak Ridge with the good fans we bring on the road, i would'nt miss it for the world. This game is a measuring stick for both teams to see where we stack up in the state. Whether or not one of the two teams are down will not effect the great game we will see.I have been amazed over the years at the talent on the Oak Ridge side with players such as the Coffee boys, Rogers and the Gulimeyer's. The team Oak Ridge had when the younger Gulimeyer boy was a senior QB was about as talented as i have seen in a while.Likewise, Oak Ridge fans can remember the team we had in ( I THINK IT WAS 98) when the "DB radio comm. frequency" took place. Players such as Adonis Johnson #42(running back),Gerald Sensabaugh of the Jacksonville Jaguars #43 and Patrick Ghee of the Washington Redskins were playing for us. We lost in the semi's against Red Bank who had Gerald Riggs Jr.Wow, what a game. I have never seen it rain so hard for so long.That game should not have been played,but having said that,it was a well played game and was not a sloppy mess,but a good game to watch despite the weather. Anyway,good luck to Oak Ridge and to the Indians. This is a very good DB team, and if the offense is run the way it should be, they should have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. I just hope and pray we will get the ball to our play makers all the time.We have many weapons to choose from. Sensabaugh,Sylvester,Adams,Steele and Crawford. Those are the play makers.Their is no reason this team should be stopped. DB fans, keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!

The worst weather that I have ever seen at a ball game was at that Red Bank game. I don't know how those kids survived exposure to it. I remember well kids diving into huge puddles that splashed mud and water for 10 feet around them while I was bundled in insulated cloths, boots, a heavy coat and a poncho to keep out the rain. It must have been 35-40 degrees. Never again.

I have been amazed at how well this DB team has performed this fall. The OR game will yield a lot of info about both teams.

I'll accept your assessment, but put your argument in game terms for us. Where is Oak Ridge weak? Where is Oak Ridge strong? How do you interpret their victories against Knox Fulton and Bradley Central? What do you believe gives DB the advantage you predict? Thanks in advance.

Oak Ridge strengths:

Damarcus Rogers at RB. Damarcus had a great game against Bradley, very shifty runner, and is the key to Oak Ridge's success. If He has a good game, OR will really make a game of it.

Kicking game: Very thankful for the soccer kids who come out for football. Ryan Wilson averaged 46.5 yards against Bradley.

Oak Ridge weaknesses:

The offense. We have struggled from the preseason forward. To not scoring an offensive touchdown against a sophomore led Fulton Falcon defense, to only scoring 1 TD in the second half against a mediocre Bradley team, we have not set the world on fire as far as offensive production goes. DB played a heck of a defensive game against Farragut in last year's playoff game and they have only been better since then. We will have to step up our execution big time and sustain some drives to keep DB defense on the field. Our O against DB's D is a scary prospect at this point in the season.

I hope that this team will step it up and elevate their level of play. We need to play sharp and do the little things right. This could be the best DB team we have faced since 2002.

The other Dad... Ole Dad will tell you ...you can't cook great ribs without a little taste great Bud from the mountains of Colorado. He cooks too. In you or on the ribs doesn't matter. Actually you do need some taste great in your basting sauce to be good.

As for my wisdom, I was just being sarcast....I mean positive. HaHa

The other Dad... Ole Dad will tell you ...you can't cook great ribs without a little taste great Bud from the mountains of Colorado. He cooks too. In you or on the ribs doesn't matter. Actually you do need some taste great in your basting sauce to be good.

How about a taste of the Rockies and some Big Eds Pizza Friday night after the game! THATS WHAT IN TALKING ABOUT! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Man, them ribs and that brew from the Rockies

is making me hungry. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go with it Ole Dad!

Big Eds only serves Budweiser products. Mich it is. I love the ribs, but I like Big eds an awful lot.

Ole Dad

How about a taste of the Rockies and some Big Eds Pizza Friday night after the game! THATS WHAT IN TALKING ABOUT! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hey dbfan91

I didn't think many people knew about the Oakridge team figuring out DB's radio frequency between the sideline and the press box that year at Oakridge. The Oakridge players kept saying on the field in front of DB's Off. players were going to run this play or that play befor the ball was snapped. The DB's players ran over to the sideline and told Clark that OR knew the plays before they lined up. Clark came up with a good way to tell for sure. He had a call sent down from the pressbox and changed it off mic at the side line. The Ridgers said they knew the play and DB scored a TD. That's got to be a classic moment of a big rivalry. Thats right up with the New England Pats.