how good is grace christian

uconnman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh trust me ,I've been through the school of hard knocks, the thing is my parents would have never spent the money to put me in a private school. The money went on Coon dogs ,whores and liqior. Been without food and heat on many occacasions, wore ragged clothes to school. Saw my mom and brothers beat and treated like dogs, been there ,done that. Its not a pity stroy, Just the way it was. I have kids of my own now and I try to see to it that they have a different world to grow up in. I teach my kids about God and life in general. They won't need no private school for that. The only benifit I can see at a private school is a safer and better envirament. My kids do play sports and they have their own private Coach,me. I coach them and teach them in every aspect of life. I don't feel sorry for the way I was raised, it has made me see things that alot of you wouldn't understand. I also know a little about the Bible and its teachings. I also know that true Christians are few and far between. Trust me , all the kids in you're school are not Christians. Private schools are nothing more than a business, you have to have selling points to draw students. Like anything else ,you have to beat the competition. Sports just happen to be a good selling tool. If you didn't need it ,you wouldn't have it. You wouldn't worry about who was coaching them or how many games you won. You are selling you're school. From the looks of things, you are doing a pretty good job. Carry on.

I feel bad for what you went through as a child, but parents who choose to spend their hard earned money on their child's education (and religious education) is not a waste, it's an investment in that child's life. GCA students are no better than anyone else. I teach my children about God as well, outside of school, but it does not hurt to have them in a school that teaches them the same thing, as they are at school more each day than they are at home. Nobody said that ALL students at GCA were Christians, but hopefully and prayerfully they will be by the time they leave GCA. That is the main goal of the GCA faculty and staff and I believe that with all my heart. A wonderful education and great atheletic teams/coaches are just an added benefit.

The only benifit I can see at a private school is a safer and better envirament.

Glad you said it and not me. THIS IS THE MAJORITY OF IT! Had a Private school parent made this exact comment....the immediate rebuttal would have been that they think they are so much better than the rest!

All of these arguments are site-specific! It just so happens that the area/county school system we live in is an absolute joke! I did not do it.......had nothing to do with what they have become. If I lived in another area of the state where the "free" education did not require metal detectors, gang colors and an entire police force roaming the halls........I may very well be shacked up with Pujo, citing the usual "Private Hater" quotes. But.....I do not. I chose to live here, did the research for the public we were zoned and made what I thought to be the right decision for my child! Never even got past the thought of sending him there because I knew when I drove up that I was not ,as a grown man, even going to be brave enough to go back down there and pick him up!

I'm not saying all schools in our area are like this......JUST THE ONE WE WERE ZONED FOR!

As for the bloated salary of some of the Private Headmasters..........do a little value/per dollar math on some of the salaries within "some" of the Public school systems. At least as a Private School employee you are required to do the job you were hired to do....period. If you don't, you will be shown the door, regardles of your age, sex, duration of employment or the color of your skin!

Once again........Site Specific..........If the Publics continue to hand the orginization of our Country's Future education over to a bunch of Clowns.......THE CIRCUS WILL CONTINUE, followed by the continued mass exodus to Private Education.

I have spoken........PEACE!

Glad you said it and not me. THIS IS THE MAJORITY OF IT! Had a Private school parent made this exact comment....the immediate rebuttal would have been that they think they are so much better than the rest!

All of these arguments are site-specific! It just so happens that the area/county school system we live in is an absolute joke! I did not do it.......had nothing to do with what they have become. If I lived in another area of the state where the "free" education did not require metal detectors, gang colors and an entire police force roaming the halls........I may very well be shacked up with Pujo, citing the usual "Private Hater" quotes. But.....I do not. I chose to live here, did the research for the public we were zoned and made what I thought to be the right decision for my child! Never even got past the thought of sending him there because I knew when I drove up that I was not ,as a grown man, even going to be brave enough to go back down there and pick him up!

I'm not saying all schools in our area are like this......JUST THE ONE WE WERE ZONED FOR!

As for the bloated salary of some of the Private Headmasters..........do a little value/per dollar math on some of the salaries within "some" of the Public school systems. At least as a Private School employee you are required to do the job you were hired to do....period. If you don't, you will be shown the door, regardles of your age, sex, duration of employment or the color of your skin!

Once again........Site Specific..........If the Publics continue to hand the orginization of our Country's Future education over to a bunch of Clowns.......THE CIRCUS WILL CONTINUE, followed by the continued mass exodus to Private Education.

I have spoken........PEACE!

Oh I definately see the need for private schools and I wish more kids could have the oppertunity to attend. Our system is a mess and we all know it.

And, still looking for an honest awnser.

i know bill personally, he was coaching the knox christian boys basketball team last year when i talked to him about football he said if they did not put up a team ( that did not include grace players ) he was leaving he is a great football coach and a good man, that being said i also talked to one of the fathers on the board for grace and he said coach satterfield was not wha they were looking for as far as a spiritual leader for the boys another words he would not bend over and kiss everyones butt so they ran him off, unlike most of the other crap these supporters of grace comment on this is the GOSPEL. the man is a miracle worker when it comes to football........... do you want a football coach or billy graham...

Oh trust me ,I've been through the school of hard knocks, the thing is my parents would have never spent the money to put me in a private school. The money went on Coon dogs ,whores and liqior. Been without food and heat on many occacasions, wore ragged clothes to school. Saw my mom and brothers beat and treated like dogs, been there ,done that. Its not a pity stroy, Just the way it was. I have kids of my own now and I try to see to it that they have a different world to grow up in. I teach my kids about God and life in general. They won't need no private school for that. The only benifit I can see at a private school is a safer and better envirament. My kids do play sports and they have their own private Coach,me. I coach them and teach them in every aspect of life. I don't feel sorry for the way I was raised, it has made me see things that alot of you wouldn't understand. I also know a little about the Bible and its teachings. I also know that true Christians are few and far between. Trust me , all the kids in you're school are not Christians. Private schools are nothing more than a business, you have to have selling points to draw students. Like anything else ,you have to beat the competition. Sports just happen to be a good selling tool. If you didn't need it ,you wouldn't have it. You wouldn't worry about who was coaching them or how many games you won. You are selling you're school. From the looks of things, you are doing a pretty good job. Carry on.

Lets see now, I will respond to three of your statements. 1. Private schools are nothing more than a business. 2. Christians are few and far between. 3. If private schools didn't need sports, they wouldn't have it. I had some respect for you until this post. Now I have nothing but pity. You act as if the way you were raised has had little effect on you. I would beg to differ, it has made you a bitter, distrustful person. Private schools are much more than a business. In fact they are not a business at all. Many private schools and all Catholic private schools are an expression of our faith. Private schools would have sports whether they ever won a game or not, because that is part of the wholistic approach to education. Have to have a sound body as well as a mind. I certainly don't agree with you about their being few Christians. A Christian sir is nothing more than a person who is trying to live out their live according to the Gospels. They fail alot, but keep trying. The church is not for people who are perfect, the church is for sinners. So you should feel confortable in a church, and so do I. I don't worry about who is coaching or anything else concerning sports, it has its place. There are much more important things occurring in private schools. This is where you fail or refuse to understand. I know parents who have sacrificed almost everything short of being on the street in order to send their children to their private school of choice. I will say a prayer for you every day whether you think you need it or not. No more responses from me, there is no sense in discussing a topic with someone who has the opinions that you expressed in your previous post. The smoke screen you use is sports, but your dissatisfaction runs much deeper than sports, try and have a happy life. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Lets see now, I will respond to three of your statements. 1. Private schools are nothing more than a business. 2. Christians are few and far between. 3. If private schools didn't need sports, they wouldn't have it. I had some respect for you until this post. Now I have nothing but pity. You act as if the way you were raised has had little effect on you. I would beg to differ, it has made you a bitter, distrustful person. Private schools are much more than a business. In fact they are not a business at all. Many private schools and all Catholic private schools are an expression of our faith. Private schools would have sports whether they ever won a game or not, because that is part of the wholistic approach to education. Have to have a sound body as well as a mind. I certainly don't agree with you about their being few Christians. A Christian sir is nothing more than a person who is trying to live out their live according to the Gospels. They fail alot, but keep trying. The church is not for people who are perfect, the church is for sinners. So you should feel confortable in a church, and so do I. I don't worry about who is coaching or anything else concerning sports, it has its place. There are much more important things occurring in private schools. This is where you fail or refuse to understand. I know parents who have sacrificed almost everything short of being on the street in order to send their children to their private school of choice. I will say a prayer for you every day whether you think you need it or not. No more responses from me, there is no sense in discussing a topic with someone who has the opinions that you expressed in your previous post. The smoke screen you use is sports, but your dissatisfaction runs much deeper than sports, try and have a happy life. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Don't feel bad for me ,I'm quite content. As far as Christians go ,its people who give their lives to do Gods work. Its their sole purpose in life, how many do you know, I'm 50 years old and I've yet to see many of these people. Ever hear ,where you're treasures are ,your heart will be there also. Ever hear ,broad and spacious is the way leading off into destruction, cramped and narrow ,the way into eternal life. You won't need to pray for me, I work on that pretty regurlarly for myself. But feel free if you need to.

i know bill personally, he was coaching the knox christian boys basketball team last year when i talked to him about football he said if they did not put up a team ( that did not include grace players ) he was leaving he is a great football coach and a good man, that being said i also talked to one of the fathers on the board for grace and he said coach satterfield was not wha they were looking for as far as a spiritual leader for the boys another words he would not bend over and kiss everyones butt so they ran him off, unlike most of the other crap these supporters of grace comment on this is the GOSPEL. the man is a miracle worker when it comes to football........... do you want a football coach or billy graham...

Yeah I heard he wouldn't go out and get players like they thought he should. I know he never liked playing the private schools ,he thought they had too many advantages. He is definately a good coach. Greenback has missed him.

It sure is funny that last year when Unaka played Grace they had 4 Juniors and this year they have 9 seniors. Wow, where did the other 5 come from? HMMMM......... Also who has to sit out for these all stars? Their parents must not contribute as much. No matter what the argument is Privates and public need to be separate.

wow heres another person who didnt do their homework i believe if u look at the roster youl see they had alot more than 4 juniors you should really get your facts straight before you comment